Close

Page 245 of 411 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Been questioning the retraction settings myself.

When I was using the FlashForge profile in S3D the stringing was VERY minimal. Now with the Qidi profile the retraction values are exactly the same, but I see alot more strings, and phantom towers (travel towers).

I have done almost all my PLA prints at about 190c. I can assure you that layer bonding is just fine at that temp. Made a ring for my wife of PLA that has survived 4 months of her work (she a waitress). Also printed a plate-mail shoulder, and had my son smack it with a bat...it didnt even crack..granted he didnt hit so hard as i was wearing the piece at the time lol.
    Great info. I am printing the MG PLA at 190 and it works really nice. The PLA at even 195 starts to string pretty bad.

I am going to test temps on the Crystal this afternoon and see how that goes.

When I get time I might switch the PLA back over to the right extruder and test retraction. The left is what is also giving an issue with the pre-heat light and target temp in the S3D control panel.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    This is something I have not tested in the software but try this and you will see...tell your slicer to do 10mm of retraction and print something and watch the filament in the back. I can almost guarantee you it doesn't come back out 10mm.
    Exactly!
    And here is where ALL the logic falls apart.
    Even using the FF profile it wont retract a full 10mm if ya set it to that....BUT somehow it deals with strings and phantom towers so much better than the Qidi profile.

Troubleshotting things is kinda fun for me..but it gets a little aggrivating when logic flys out the window ya.

I have been trying to look for new nozzles but a bit confused. Does this printer use MK10 nozzles?

By the way this is an awesome printer and have loved it. Been printing now almost 6 months.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Korhal View Post
    I have been trying to look for new nozzles but a bit confused. Does this printer use MK10 nozzles?

By the way this is an awesome printer and have loved it. Been printing now almost 6 months.
    Yupyup..these are Mk10s

Engineer
    Take a look at this upgrade guys.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1681920

I like the Flexion extruder, but I can't justify the costs. The rear mounted blower concept and extruder enclosure window is really interesting to me. I love the idea of not having all that crud in the way. And being able to see it work would be way awesome too. Do the two lights/buttons(?) inside have something to do with the out of filament sensors? The filament reel holder looks intriguing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Exactly!
    And here is where ALL the logic falls apart.
    Even using the FF profile it wont retract a full 10mm if ya set it to that....BUT somehow it deals with strings and phantom towers so much better than the Qidi profile.

Troubleshotting things is kinda fun for me..but it gets a little aggrivating when logic flys out the window ya.
    That is what I did for most of my life was tracking down problems on a computer. Either a home PC, a server, or a rack mount you name it I have been in it at one time or another. I absolutely love trouble shooting and that is why I headed into the Sailfish as I did.

I will say this, again, but I will never own a printer with Sailfish on it as it has far too many issues with code that was just spit together or simply doesn't even exist. If I want a faster firmware I will run something ARM based but takes gcode as it makes troubleshooting 10k times easier. The Sailfish based machines just makes me too detached and I had a hell of a time finding the part that the fan is a lie. The PWM is a lie. So retraction must be a lie too. With gcode I would have went to a terminal and did a M106 Sxxx and immediately have spotted it without having to break out the firmware as I did.

Engineer
    She does work on Sundays or at least answers the email but it will have to wait until Monday there the soonest.
    Not a word back from Emily. Taking JFKansas' excellent suggestion, I collected the nozzle, throat and pre-cut PTFE tube parts and measured. And the measurements were all over the place. I found that the internal drill out (depth and chamfer angle) on the inside of the MK10 nozzles varies substantially by nozzle manufacturer. Consequently the length of the 4mm OD PTFE tube that is needed varies depending upon your mix of parts. The PTFE tube length needed for the steel MK10 nozzles I purchased on eBay differed from the QiDi sourced nozzles by ~.4mm. Within the QiDi lot the differences were ~.1mm.

I did notice a new $10 / qty 5 price point on amazon for MK10 nozzles: www.amazon.com/dp/B01FJS19C0

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The new QIDI printer has shown up on Amazon.
    "Item model number: QDTHXO20160705"
    The model number seems rather current. (Shades of THX-1138 too?)

https://www.amazon.com/QIDI-TECHNOLO.../dp/B01HZ4HY9I

Price is up at Amazon and on QiDi eBay. $499 including shipping. Amazon says avail starting ~Aug 1-9

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Not a word back from Emily. Taking JFKansas' excellent suggestion, I collected the nozzle, throat and pre-cut PTFE tube parts and measured. And the measurements were all over the place. I found that the internal drill out (depth and chamfer angle) on the inside of the MK10 nozzles varies substantially by nozzle manufacturer. Consequently the length of the 4mm OD PTFE tube that is needed varies depending upon your mix of parts. The PTFE tube length needed for the steel MK10 nozzles I purchased on eBay differed from the QiDi sourced nozzles by ~.4mm. Within the QiDi lot the differences were ~.1mm.

I did notice a new $10 / qty 5 price point on amazon for MK10 nozzles: www.amazon.com/dp/B01FJS19C0
    WOW, maybe Emily has been shut up by the powers that be at Qidi or she no longer gives a damn. :/

Five for $9.98? WOW, a hell of a steal at that price point and good find.

Look at these from the same seller - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS9CID4

Engineer-in-Training
    Look at these from the same seller - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FS9CID4
    These don't look like they would work in the Qidi without modification. Or am I missing something?

Page 245 of 411 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast