Close

Page 238 of 411 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Cool, just wondering because I like the idea. I will probably leave the extruder alone for now and probably just run long lines from the box to the extruder as I think about a manifold type contraption. I am guessing the tubing is no more than basic ice maker type water hose. For now I am building new spool rollers.
    Ideally, the tubing should be PTFE. Teflon is slippery and will have much lower friction with the filament. I use 4mm ID, 6mm OD style. I did not get the 4mm OD, 2mm ID stuff, seemed to me it would just be more likely to bind with the filament.

If you have a setup that can support the single long hoses, that should work fine.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Ideally, the tubing should be PTFE. Teflon is slippery and will have much lower friction with the filament. I use 4mm ID, 6mm OD style. I did not get the 4mm OD, 2mm ID stuff, seemed to me it would just be more likely to bind with the filament.

If you have a setup that can support the single long hoses, that should work fine.
    Looks like the original tubes are 6mm OD, I'll just go with that for now so it fits the factory openings.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Looks like the original tubes are 6mm OD, I'll just go with that for now so it fits the factory openings.
    These guys are not speedy on the shipping, but the price is better than most http://www.ebay.com/itm/131764625523
    Please let me know if you find a less expensive source at 10M length or greater.

Super Moderator
    These guys are not speedy on the shipping, but the price is better than most http://www.ebay.com/itm/131764625523
    Please let me know if you find a less expensive source at 10M length or greater.
    I went with this on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not to bad with Prime.

Super Moderator
    Here is the new design for my spool roller base. It is a redesign from scratch of one I found on line.

I think I am getting the MG PLA under control!

[IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    What is the best glue to use with ABS for strength of bond?

Super Moderator
    Here is my spool roller setup. This is one side and the parts to put it together.

[IMG][/IMG]

Engineer-in-Training
    What is the best glue to use with ABS for strength of bond?
    Super glue (KrazyGlu) works WONDERS on ABS...really any of these plastics.
    Most super glue is super thin, it will seep into all the little cracks and grooves on both bits being bonded.
    What I do for most stuff is use industrial formula super glue (I get it at Wal-Mart) to bond parts. If its not getting painted that's it...for stuff that is getting painted I will go over any seams with gel superglue (also from wal-mart).

For thin bits, or odd shapes hard to get together contact cement works pretty good. It is not nearly as strong as most super glues, but its thickness really helps in these situations. And its hell of alot better than superglueing your fingers together, or to a print....trust me on this one lol. If I have to go the contact cement route then I always go back over seams with the gel superglue.

If, for some crazy reason, you need something stronger than superglue 3M makes a 2 part epoxy, designed for patching hulls in formed craft like the HobbieCraft catamaran sailboats. This stuff will bond to darn near every plastic under the sun. It is prob not cheap, and prob only able to get large amounts of it, but it is an option. I don't recall the name of it, sorry for that, but it is 3M and it is specifiaclly for marine uses...shouldnt be to hard to find.

edit:
    Really to get the most of any glueing you should use pegs. Its super easy to knock some pegs holes into each side of most stuff ya gonna want to glue together, then print some pegs. I even use pegs on really small stuff. A 2mm round peg that double the length will make a HUGE diff with how stable/sturdy something feels after being glued together. And, you get the added bonus of having a way to keep things perfectly aligned every time. Using pegs and some simple bar clamps (cabniet clamps) you can assembly everything perfectly everytime.
    Last edited by Syd_Khaos; 07-16-2016 at 10:34 AM.

I never had much luck with Super Glue and I have used Crazy Glue and the real Super Glue. I hold the parts for 10 seconds or 10 hours it never matters as it is like I used water not glue on the parts.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I never had much luck with Super Glue and I have used Crazy Glue and the real Super Glue. I hold the parts for 10 seconds or 10 hours it never matters as it is like I used water not glue on the parts.
    Of course you haven't...
    Almost everything I have printed needing glued together has been done with superglue. And not a single thing has come apart yet. Some things have been well tested too.
    Don't know what to tell ya. Only thing I can think of is the parts are not going together well enough for glue to create good bond.

Page 238 of 411 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast