Close

Page 215 of 411 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It is PLA. I was going to slow down the printing until I found "spiral mode" I am going to give it a try and see.
    Spiral mode is one layer thick. Very cool for a lampshade or something you want to be translucent.

I will tell you some evil I have found out about these printers and that is they do NOT adjust fan speed after all (I was wrong). Try it and see speed 1 or max is all the same which is just total BS and must be a screw up Qidi did with Sailfish "7.8" because the Mightyboard, and the real Sailfish, do PWM to the parts fan so the S<xxx> works for them. In 7.8 the S<xxx> is ignored and everything is treated as 0 or 255.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    DaveB,
    That setup looks awesome! Thanks for sharing where you picked up the light as well.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Spiral mode is one layer thick. Very cool for a lampshade or something you want to be translucent.
    No good for this model!

Engineer
    It is PLA. I was going to slow down the printing until I found "spiral mode" I am going to give it a try and see.
    Just a thought, but here is a difference between the front and the back. As you print one side of the model, the blower's air will be captured by the spiral's blades. As you print the other side, that air flow will travel over the blades. Are you using the left extruder?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I will tell you some evil I have found out about these printers and that is they do NOT adjust fan speed after all (I was wrong). Try it and see speed 1 or max is all the same which is just total BS and must be a screw up Qidi did with Sailfish "7.8" because the Mightyboard, and the real Sailfish, do PWM to the parts fan so the S<xxx> works for them. In 7.8 the S<xxx> is ignored and everything is treated as 0 or 255.
    So, its not just my Qidi that ignores those.

Super Moderator
    Just a thought, but here is a difference between the front and the back. As you print one side of the model, the blower's air will be captured by the spiral's blades. As you print the other side, that air flow will travel over the blades. Are you using the left extruder?
    I am using the right extruder.

Engineer
    I am using the right extruder.
    Airflow from the stock blower duct configuration does not actually reach the right nozzle as well as it does the left one. Can you shift to use the left extruder? Oh, and is the blower on?

Super Moderator
    Airflow from the stock blower duct configuration does not actually reach the right nozzle as well as it does the left one. Can you shift to use the left extruder? Oh, and is the blower on?
    I'll give that a try. I am trying the print now with reduced speed and all covers off. If this gets past a certain point then heat is the issue. The fans are on.

Is it better to use the left by default especially for PLA?

Engineer
    I'll give that a try. I am trying the print now with reduced speed and all covers off. If this gets past a certain point then heat is the issue. The fans are on.

Is it better to use the left by default especially for PLA?
    For PLA with the stock Qidi blower duct? Yes, the left extruder nozzle gets the best airflow. I've heard of folks doing it, but I've not tried using a blower on ABS yet.

Page 215 of 411 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast