Close

Page 211 of 411 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    With blue painter's tape on the aluminum and glue stick on that, ABS seems to adhere well. I'm using Slic3r and GPX now with a modified version of the Simplify3D G-Code posted here. I made a filament profile called "None" to better handle the case where I'm using one extruder, so I don't need two printer profiles for single extruder prints.
    How are you removing the print? Do you wait for it to cool?

Super Moderator
    I am trying the purple aqua net. Never used hairspray for anything before! It doesn't come out in a mist like I would expect rather it is "splotchy" it is hard to explain!! What have you guys experienced with this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I am trying the purple aqua net. Never used hairspray for anything before! It doesn't come out in a mist like I would expect rather it is "splotchy" it is hard to explain!! What have you guys experienced with this stuff?
    I used ultra hold hair spray but in a bottle pump so I could pour it out and flow it on though I sprayed some times (careful it is nasty to bearings) and it worked for ABS and PLA but I originally used the Purple Elmer's big fat glue stick and while that worked I hated it as it would scorch etc... so I switched. Finally I said I am tired of all of this expense so I tried bare Boro glass and was hooked. 3mm thick 110c ABS and 52c for PLA.

Engineer
    Just posted a design for an adapter / mounting base for the Ikea Jansjo light.

This base fits on a QIDI printer and attaches onto the QIDI's corner. It may be reversed for use on either the front or side facing surfaces of the Qidi. The Jansjo is $7-$10 at Ikea.

All info is at
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1655034 The version shown in the pix is a rev back from the design on Thingi. You can also see my monstrous P/T video camera peering in from the side.

Technician
    How are you removing the print? Do you wait for it to cool?
    Yes. I read that removing parts too soon could tear the tape, so I wait at least until all the fans switch off, at which point the bed is normally down to about 60°C. The nice thing is that if the tape tears, it's easy enough and cheap enough to just apply new.

By the way, my Chinese glue stick ran out today. It was getting a little pale, so it wouldn't have been useful too much longer anyway.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    By the way, my Chinese glue stick ran out today. It was getting a little pale, so it wouldn't have been useful too much longer anyway.
    Qty 30 Glue sticks on Amazon for $10. I think I am set for the next few years or so...
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013CDGT6

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post

Those door hinges are a nice, elegant solution. Where can I get those?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I used ultra hold hair spray but in a bottle pump so I could pour it out and flow it on though I sprayed some times (careful it is nasty to bearings) and it worked for ABS and PLA but I originally used the Purple Elmer's big fat glue stick and while that worked I hated it as it would scorch etc... so I switched. Finally I said I am tired of all of this expense so I tried bare Boro glass and was hooked. 3mm thick 110c ABS and 52c for PLA.
    I have the 1/4" Boro from McMaster. Trying it now with Aqua Net. I will try bare. Aside from the table temps what are your basic settings for the filament etc.?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    There are only 2 places I order from:
    http://www.makergeeks.com
    http://www.orbpolymer.com

I order alot more from MakerGeeks.

MG has the higher quality material (though not by much).
    MG does free shipping on any order in US, Orb ya have to buy 3 rolls to get free shipping.
    Orb only carries ABS, PLA, and PETG, whereas MG carries a huge range of specialty filaments as well.
    MG runs spools of as they are ordered directly onto the spools that are shipped to you. Orb used huge warehouse spools and cuts orders off of there. The end result is ya get firmer and fresher material from MG....esp so on less popular colors. The drawback is that it can take a day or 2 for MG to ship your order, where as with Orb it goes out that day or the next (depending on how late in the day ya order).
    I am looking at PLA and ABS on MakerGeeks but see many different "names" such as Maker, Chrystal, Raptor etc for PLA. What series do you guys normally get from Makergeeks in PAL or ABS?

Engineer
    I am looking at PLA and ABS on MakerGeeks but see many different "names" such as Maker, Chrystal, Raptor etc for PLA. What series do you guys normally get from Makergeeks in PAL or ABS?
    From MakerGeeks, Maker is their standard line of PLA and ABS. That is the stuff that I have had good luck using.
    I've tried one roll of their Raptor PLA (that's their high performance PLA) and it printed wonderfully, more like ABS than PLA, but jammed up my extruder after about 4 hours of printing. Syd warned me, but you know I had to experience the pain for myself.
    They just released their Crystal PLA and PETG line last week. I've ordered a roll of that in PLA but have not received it yet. Some way cool translucent colors there, sure hope it prints well.

Got no idea on Orb, never tried their stuff.

Page 211 of 411 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast