Close

Page 183 of 411 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 4110
    Student
    Add jedimasta on Shapeways Add jedimasta on Thingiverse
    After reading stellar reviews on this printer and seeing a healthy price drop on Amazon, I begged my wife to let me pull the trigger and get this. So far I'm REALLY happy, but I feel so green when it comes to printing. Straight out of the box I used MakerWare to print the 20mm test box in ABS which seemed to work great. Last night I tried to print one of my own models, a small figure I modeled and had printed previously through Shapeways. I used PLA this time, but it didn't go as smoothly this time. It might have been that the details of the model were too small, but the final print came out ragged and just a mess. I noticed a few times that the extruder had filament on it, just kinda hanging in space while it moved and occasionally the plastic just didn't seem to adhere to the previous layer.

Would you guys mind sharing some of your setting for PLA prints? I'm guessing it's user error, either with nozzle temp, plate temp, speed, etc . . . that I just haven't become acquainted enough with to know any better. Any tips you have would be great. Thanks!

-edit: I'm starting a new thread. Might be helpful.
    Last edited by jedimasta; 06-09-2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: starting a new thread

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jedimasta View Post
    After reading stellar reviews on this printer and seeing a healthy price drop on Amazon, I begged my wife to let me pull the trigger and get this. So far I'm REALLY happy, but I feel so green when it comes to printing. Straight out of the box I used MakerWare to print the 20mm test box in ABS which seemed to work great. Last night I tried to print one of my own models, a small figure I modeled and had printed previously through Shapeways. I used PLA this time, but it didn't go as smoothly this time. It might have been that the details of the model were too small, but the final print came out ragged and just a mess. I noticed a few times that the extruder had filament on it, just kinda hanging in space while it moved and occasionally the plastic just didn't seem to adhere to the previous layer.

Would you guys mind sharing some of your setting for PLA prints? I'm guessing it's user error, either with nozzle temp, plate temp, speed, etc . . . that I just haven't become acquainted enough with to know any better. Any tips you have would be great. Thanks!

-edit: I'm starting a new thread. Might be helpful.
    Welcome to the Qidi club jedi =)

For PLA I use nozzle temp of 190(ish)c and bed temp starting at 85c and dropping to 65c at layer 5. For most PLA prints active cooling fan is running at 90% as of layer 2 or 3. Print speed is usually 2400-2800mm/min.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by okjimmied View Post
    My QIDI TECH logo was peeling off the front of my machine and so I decided to rebrand this sucker.
    You're only supposed to use Dutch tilt when photographing the villains. You know, 'cause they're crooked.

Even so, Alfred would be proud.

My QIDI TECH logo was peeling off the front of my machine and so I decided to rebrand this sucker.

Something tells me if that was for real and really came from Wayne Enterprises I think the QC issues for this printer wouldn't exist finally.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    This will definitely be a good feature of the new version:

• Intuitive Editing of Internal Supports – Simplify3D has always included some of the best support generation tools available, including the ability to customize the size and location of your support structures. The new release combines this customization functionality with the cross-section tool, allowing you to easily look inside your models and edit internal supports that would otherwise be hidden from the outside.

IMAGE OF THE BAT REPLICATOR!
    Very nice work, that turned out great!
    Last edited by cncartist; 06-09-2016 at 11:05 PM. Reason: image

Engineer-in-Training
    New control board is here!

And not a moment to soon....starting to have serious printing withdraws =)

My X axis has just started performing erratically. I tried swapping out the stepper motor but still exhibits the same behavior. When trying to home the a axis will shudder and vibrate as if it was printing an object. Any help? 290hours on the printer so far.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    My X axis has just started performing erratically. I tried swapping out the stepper motor but still exhibits the same behavior. When trying to home the a axis will shudder and vibrate as if it was printing an object. Any help? 290hours on the printer so far.
    Are you keeping the gantry axels and bearings lubed up?

Personally I lube my machine up about once a month. Make sure your using a lube designed for high heat applications.

I suggest a silicone based liquid lube for the axles and lead screw (just make sure your getting something that is quick dry if ya go this route), and a VERY light lithium based grease for the bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Are you keeping the gantry axels and bearings lubed up?

Personally I lube my machine up about once a month. Make sure your using a lube designed for high heat applications.

I suggest a silicone based liquid lube for the axles and lead screw (just make sure your getting something that is quick dry if ya go this route), and a VERY light lithium based grease for the bearings.

This doesn't relate to friction of any gantry. With the stepper motor not attached to anything it still exhibits the erratic behavior.

I just tried to reset the firmware on the machine but now the control panel does not display any info. I have been going back and forth installing and resetting the firmware (7.2) and still no functionality or screen characters despite being able to connect through makerbot software, simplify3d and replicatorG. I have the machine set currently as a replicator 2.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroCreo View Post
    This doesn't relate to friction of any gantry. With the stepper motor not attached to anything it still exhibits the erratic behavior.

I just tried to reset the firmware on the machine but now the control panel does not display any info. I have been going back and forth installing and resetting the firmware (7.2) and still no functionality or screen characters despite being able to connect through makerbot software, simplify3d and replicatorG. I have the machine set currently as a replicator 2.
    1st What do you mean installing firmware?

2nd the Qidi is a Replicator 1 Dual clone.

If I had to guess on the original problem the stepper driver for that stepper motor is bad.
    You should have a spare that came with the machine.

Page 183 of 411 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283 ... LastLast