Close

Page 172 of 411 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 4110
    Engineer
    OK, just pulled the trigger on a QIDI via Amazon. Over the last two days I've read through this thread from its start. Lots of great info, which will be a big help to a total noob like myself. So many things to learn about and explore so please bear with what I'm sure will be a crop of ignorant questions. The QIDI is supposed to arrive by June 2. In the meantime I plan to download and explore S3D.

In the meantime I have a huge problem with getting most images to display on this forum. To be crystal clear, this is a problem with my seeing images that all of you have already posted, not a problem with posting images myself. Some pictures show up perfectly in your posts with no issues, even videos, but most images do not show up at all. It's rather odd, when I am not logged in, the problem images only appear as a textual reference to an attachment which the forum says I cannot download because I am not logged in. Then once I've signed in, those textual links/references to the attachments disappear entirely and no image is displayed, just white space with nothing to click on. Very frustrating. The switch in my profile to show images is on. I've tried IE, Chrome and Opera, all with exactly the same behavior. Any suggestions?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    OK, just pulled the trigger on a QIDI via Amazon. Over the last two days I've read through this thread from its start. Lots of great info, which will be a big help to a total noob like myself. So many things to learn about and explore so please bear with what I'm sure will be a crop of ignorant questions. The QIDI is supposed to arrive by June 2. In the meantime I plan to download and explore S3D.

In the meantime I have a huge problem with getting most images to display on this forum. To be crystal clear, this is a problem with my seeing images that all of you have already posted, not a problem with posting images myself. Some pictures show up perfectly in your posts with no issues, even videos, but most images do not show up at all. It's rather odd, when I am not logged in, the problem images only appear as a textual reference to an attachment which the forum says I cannot download because I am not logged in. Then once I've signed in, those textual links/references to the attachments disappear entirely and no image is displayed, just white space with nothing to click on. Very frustrating. The switch in my profile to show images is on. I've tried IE, Chrome and Opera, all with exactly the same behavior. Any suggestions?
    Dave,
    Welcome and feel free to ask any questions when you get the printer!

In regards to the image issue, can you reference a particular post where the images don't show for you?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Dave,
    Welcome and feel free to ask any questions when you get the printer!

In regards to the image issue, can you reference a particular post where the images don't show for you?
    Hi Cncartist,

Thanks for the welcome note. Re my pix issue: Yours and Syd_Khaos' pix seem fine for example.

However the images in the post under http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows behave in the way I described and do not display. That post was referenced by post #1230 from KludgeGuru on 04-26-2016, 8:35AM. (I've ordered one of the Air cards and would really like to see the pictorial info in ServiceXP's post as well as the text.)

Or in post #1512 from VBX on 05-15-2016, 01:42 AM the pix within the quoted box is displayed just fine, but the image that is supposed to be below it in the post called "capture.jpg" and referenced in its link as http://3dprintboard.com/attachment.p...2&d=1463294818 does not display at all. This one is just another example, I'm not panting to get at the contents.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hi Cncartist,

Thanks for the welcome note. Re my pix issue: Yours and Syd_Khaos' pix seem fine for example.

However the images in the post under http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows behave in the way I described and do not display. That post was referenced by post #1230 from KludgeGuru on 04-26-2016, 8:35AM. (I've ordered one of the Air cards and would really like to see the pictorial info in ServiceXP's post as well as the text.)

Or in post #1512 from VBX on 05-15-2016, 01:42 AM the pix within the quoted box is displayed just fine, but the image that is supposed to be below it in the post called "capture.jpg" and referenced in its link as http://3dprintboard.com/attachment.p...2&d=1463294818 does not display at all. This one is just another example, I'm not panting to get at the contents.
    No problem, the good news is I don't see any pictures in the posts from ServiceXP referenced from #1230 - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post86925.

I see my picture fine in post #1512 - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post88565 but I do not see another image in vbx's post, I get a blank pixel box called "clear.gif" when I click your image link.

I must admit I didn't see any pictures on those posts either just a blank space where the pictures must be.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    No problem, the good news is I don't see any pictures in the posts from ServiceXP referenced from #1230 - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post86925.

I see my picture fine in post #1512 - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post88565 but I do not see another image in vbx's post, I get a blank pixel box called "clear.gif" when I click your image link.
    Thank you, I guess that is good news, it's not just my view that's goofy. Do you know how to reach a BB webmaster or similar admin that might assist/explain? I did encounter a large number of these as I went through the QIDI thread. FYI, they are quite obvious when not logged in because you see the textual attachment link teaser.

So back to hardware. I had emailed QIDI on Wednesday last week, then again on Saturday with no response. (I hope that is atypical?) I saw Emily's email address late in the thread on Sunday and tried sending an email to her as well. She responded after I had placed my order with Amazon. I had been asking about the product upgrade level being shipped from Amazon vs direct from QIDI. She stated: "Does the amazon can cancel the order or not? Because I can not make sure you can receive the 10mm rod because we are different departments. But if you order on the ebay which can send from China, I can make sure you can receive the newest one." Unfortunately, by then Amazon was past the cancellation cutoff. So I will see what arrives on the doorstep. (Fingers, toes, eyes etc. all crossed.)

I've also ordered the Maghold model A build plate and an extra flexible steel plate with Ultem, also thru Amazon. Although Amazon's prices for the Maghold hardware were slightly higher, the lower shipping costs ordering through Amazon offset the higher shipping costs through 3dPrinterMods. So between all of that, the Toshiba Air card, S3D and Autocad Inventor I am reasonably sure that I will have plenty to keep me occupied for a few days.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Woohoo I've reached the end

Or to start properly,

Hi,

Newcomer to the forum, though I've been reading the entirety of this thread on and off for the past week.

First up a very big thank you to all of you guys and gals here, your discussion and the valuable information within was the decider in me flipping the switch on a Qidi.

I'm new to 3D printing so this is my first machine, took delivery of my Qidi 2 a couple of days ago and I love it.

Surprisingly no issues with it other than a really nasty grinding sound when the head moved to the front but found that just to be the cable catching on a screw, easily remedied. And that could be because I put the damned thing together before I realised the instructions were on the SD card. Amazingly though I'd done it all right, guess I've not lost my touch.

Started off using Makerbot but thanks to you folks I (initially begrudgingly) spent £100 on S3D, thinking it couldn't be that much better but if you all thought it was worth it, who am I to argue. Glad I did it's made a real difference to my prints and with some tweaking my printer no longer vibrates about like a hedgehog on a hot plate, like it did with MB.

I've probably forgotten more than I've learned over the past week but I'm looking forward to my journey. Almost as much as I'm looking forward to my glass arriving to get rid of that damned blue crap that my prints stick to harder than a sailor on shore leave.

The really hard part now is going to be re-teaching myself CAD, haven't done any of that since the Amiga days, anyone remember those

So that's all, just thought I'd say hello and thanks again for all of the help you didn't know you were giving me.

(Oh I should probably mention to get it out of the way in advance, I take a LOT of very serious medication, morphine and so on, so it can make me waffle on a bit as you've probably noticed already and it makes my fingers type what my brain should censor. So please don't take offence when getting used to my sometimes warped, often risqué, always in good nature sense of humour.)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    The really hard part now is going to be re-teaching myself CAD, haven't done any of that since the Amiga days, anyone remember those
    I use Lightwave 3D as my CAD program. On a PC, but still.

Engineer-in-Training
    Been playing around with ideas for my printer build.
    The more I look at Core XY style machines the more I think it would be better for the larger build volume I am wanting.
    But why are all the Z axis gantry's on every single Core XY machine a full square? Seems like a waste of material and a good deal of extra weight.

Lets assume we are using V-rail and premade wheel plates from that OpenBuilds site (I do plan on using the V-rail for my build). If done properly I don't see ya getting enough extra stability using 4 rail for that gantry than using 2 rails. You could even still do a 4 screw setup for z axis, as seems to be the standard on most Core XY machines I can find.

@DaveB
    @Stwert

Welcome to the Qidi club =)

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    I use Lightwave 3D as my CAD program. On a PC, but still.

And just like myself it's not really changed much in the past twenty odd years. Ahem

Page 172 of 411 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222272 ... LastLast