Close

Page 155 of 411 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by okjimmied View Post
    Wow. What a great welcome to the forum. My post is a comparison between the QIDI and the FFCP. Nothing more and nothing less. If it isn't of any value to you then ignore it. Otherwise, let persons who are trying to decide between the two machines learn from my experience. I thought that's what these boards were for.
    That is exactly what it is for and so far numerous people are having issues and I know bloody well my issues are from the factory (a bowed bent rod that had the 8mm rods and the Z axis acme rod on one side and the metal case on the other with no other bends) AND you pop up, suddenly, after all of the negative reports about this printer (Emily reads this group from Qidi) with a first post that was just to tell how great the printer was. 99 out of 100 times that is a shill post and maybe you are the 1 time out of 100 but it happens all over the internet all of the time (Amazon is infested with Shills and I flat out caught one and Amazon had to ban their account but I am sure they were right back with a new account).

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Problem with acetone is, it will also melt the plastic x end as it is ABS, I think.
    Well, Acetone on the endstop I bet would mess that up for sure at least. I am not even sure it is Superglue as it might be a fast setting epoxy by the looks of it (no drips and it is shiny like an Epoxy).

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    My Qidi was delivered last Wednesday but I haven't had a chance to play with it until yesterday (Sunday). Anyone notice the z axis rods are 10 mm now?

Ayways, I've printed some add-ons for my printer including a cooling fan duct that will flow to both print heads instead of only the left. Anyone have a 40mm fan recommendation?
    I'm assuming higher cfm is better, especially if cooling both extruders at once. I see this one on amazon which draws 110mA 24v for 9.06 cfm, but who knows what the actual performance is: http://www.amazon.com/Protechnic-40m...A17N2TQLK8YXRO

Also, the stock left extruder cooling fan setup works quite well with ABS. I hope to not give away performance in order to cool both extruders at once.
    Very nice, now that you mention it I will measure my Z-Axis rods tomorrow as I believe I recieved the 10mm version.

I'd like to clarify that from my point of view, the cooling is actually cooling the line of the print that was just laid down and NOT the extruder nozzle. Yes, I understand that cooling the filament coming directly out of the nozzle may seem important, but it is more important in my experience so far to allow the liquid filament to reach the layer without being cooled a lot and then have the fan cool the print layer that was just put down.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Problem with acetone is, it will also melt the plastic x end as it is ABS, I think.
    You are 100% correct if it's ABS.

I'd think this is why experience in acetone removal can assist greatly in allowing you to change the belt 5-10 times without replacing the plastic component due to acetone warp/degradation.

I didn't do this on the QIDI, but unless someone has other experience with belt removal I am going to do what I did in the past for other machines with belts that were super glued (didn't have optimal tooth groove for clamp):

1. Get a very small bead of acetone on the end of small syringe, apply and spread with another flat blunt item around the belt connection points.
    2. Quickly wipe over-spill area except for belt connection and peel slowly until it doesn't lift anymore while also wiping extra acetone away that may have been missed in the first wipe process.
    3. Repeat 1-2 more times until enough of the belt is up to where you can just destroy the belt and lift it up (small piece of belt still superglued and stays stuck) or fully remove it with some light superglue remaining on the plastic component.
    4. The remaining superglue does not need to be removed, but keep in mind over 3-5x it will build up some and need superglue cleaning.

EDIT: I have some epoxy removal techniques as well that I've used, but they generally require heat above 200F and a skillful combination of acetone since the heat gun will spread the acetone further.
    Last edited by cncartist; 05-16-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Interesting if yours has 10mm too as mine is only two weeks and it has 8mm.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Interesting if yours has 10mm too as mine is only two weeks and it has 8mm.
    Definitely, my QIDI is currently resting since I'm on a business trip but I'll be back tomorrow to measure! The Z-Axis rod looked like 10mm to me based on my experience, are you measuring the OD including the threads?

I received my QIDI last thursday and my z axis rods are 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Definitely, my QIDI is currently resting since I'm on a business trip but I'll be back tomorrow to measure! The Z-Axis rod looked like 10mm to me based on my experience, are you measuring the OD including the threads?
    Remeber I had to take this entire machine apart to replace that bent rod so I had the rods out they are the exact diameter of the X and Y rods are indeed 8mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmcg View Post
    I received my QIDI last thursday and my z axis rods are 10mm.

Interesting. Mine came from the USA warehouse so probably old stock.

Remeber I had to take this entire machine apart to replace that bent rod so I had the rods out they are the exact diameter of the X and Y rods are indeed 8mm.

Mine came from China, the exterior Z-Axis rods in this photo of my make (http://www.thingiverse.com/make:212522) are the same diameter. I won't speculate any further since 3 8mm rods would definitely be sufficient as would be 3 10mm rods but I will definitely measure to make sure!

Yeah, I specifically ordered from them on ebay as that was my worry with ordering from Amazon. I printed the z axis rod braces and they wouldnt fit. Dug out my calipers and the braces were exactly 8mm so I measured the rod and it is 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by cdmcg View Post
    Yeah, I specifically ordered from them on ebay as that was my worry with ordering from Amazon. I printed the z axis rod braces and they wouldnt fit. Dug out my calipers and the braces were exactly 8mm so I measured the rod and it is 10mm.
    You may be onto something as I had to drill out kludgeguru's Z-Axis rod braces to make them fit but I would like to measure my own machine before confirming my situation.

Page 155 of 411 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast