Close

Page 132 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 4110
    ok guys no need to get angry at each other... so i think you all agree on one thing: it seems to be a software issue and not hardware related. right?
    i already tried some higher extrusion multiplier settings (5%), but the print gets worse.

the filament i use did not come with the printer. i bought it, because i heard it is supposed to be good. i will try to measure the filament diameter and adjust it. i use sailfish and i think i didn't mention that i'm on a flashforge creator pro, but since those machines are basically the same i think it should make no difference.

i will also try to print some reference prints to see if the stepper motor settings are correct, but some step by step tutorial would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    ok guys no need to get angry at each other... so i think you all agree on one thing: it seems to be a software issue and not hardware related. right?
    i already tried some higher extrusion multiplier settings (5%), but the print gets worse.

the filament i use did not come with the printer. i bought it, because i heard it is supposed to be good. i will try to measure the filament diameter and adjust it. i use sailfish and i think i didn't mention that i'm on a flashforge creator pro, but since those machines are basically the same i think it should make no difference.

i will also try to print some reference prints to see if the stepper motor settings are correct, but some step by step tutorial would be great
    It is a software issue (or firmware) for sure and not anything hardware related is correct.

As far as he goes no anger I just simply put him on my ignore list after he did me (nice feature I didn't even know about). I did remove my posts to him so as not to clutter up the thread and possibly spur more into it.

Now that we have tried the extrusion multiplier (I hate that "feature" btw as it is just a bandage) have you marked 100mm distance on the filament and told it to extrude 100mm to see if it precisely extrudes the 100mm in mid air?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    have you marked 100mm distance on the filament and told it to extrude 100mm to see if it precisely extrudes the 100mm in mid air?
    i don't really know how to do that. i thought i should just print an object on the bed with 100mm length and measure if the size is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    i don't really know how to do that. i thought i should just print an object on the bed with 100mm length and measure if the size is correct.
    Nope, because it shrinks whereas extruding in mid air tells you precisely how much is being extruded. The first thing I am going to do with the new printer is make sure nothing is broken, warped, or bent then I plan to head straight to the extrusion and make sure it is spot on.

For Marlin you remove the nozzle and turn off cold extrusion safety feature and mark 100mm and 110mm from the base of the motor up the filament then extrude and do the calculations if not spot on (this is when esteps is changed). On Sailfish I saw someone do it on Youtube so it has to allow this because we can't be detached from the proper ways of finding the proper numbers else Sailfish isn't all that it is cracked up to be.

This is where I may have a problem with Sailfish because Sailfish is Marlin without the brains to help speed up the process because Marlin takes in the gcode and does a lot of internal calculations (reason a Delta printer sees fantastic results when they upgrade to an ARM based processor with faster computing) whereas Sailfish your computer does the math ahead of time. This is really a great idea but not so good when you need to tweak stuff like this. By tomorrow I will know more about Sailfish (if the printer is allowed, by UPS, to make it here intact) because I will be tweaking all of these numbers as I did (as all have to do who use a RepRap) with Marlin.

So, I got the printer and I need to ask what did you do on the right side with the end stop and motor wires are? Mine are stuck out beyond the opening for the plexiglass cover so I can't even run this before that get fixed.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    So, I got the printer and I need to ask what did you do on the right side with the end stop and motor wires are? Mine are stuck out beyond the opening for the plexiglass cover so I can't even run this before that get fixed.
    This - http://www.thingiverse.com/make:212517 ?

Just an FYI, I would expect you to have known this before purchasing based on your "projected level" of knowledge.

EDIT: I didn't think of mentioning it but I have printed over 50+ extra of these cable chain pieces. I could most likely sell you a set and ship it to you immediately if you aren't comfortable running the machine - I only printed them in Orange ABS though.
    Last edited by cncartist; 05-03-2016 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    This - http://www.thingiverse.com/make:212517 ?

Just an FYI, I would expect you to have known this before purchasing based on your "projected level" of knowledge.

EDIT: I didn't think of mentioning it but I have printed over 50+ extra of these cable chain pieces. I could most likely sell you a set and ship it to you immediately if you aren't comfortable running the machine - I only printed them in Orange ABS though.
    You got orange? I got orange PLA and white ABS (I already had white ABS).

Naw, I will figure something out since I can't print with this like this so printing a cable chain wasn't even an option but thanks for offering (I will probably zip tie the sucker but there is already a zip tie there so it is weird this issue was never fixed at the factory).

I have to ask but did anyone else have a missing screw on the Z axis leadscrew nut? I did in the back so instead of four I had three.

You got orange? I got orange PLA and white ABS (I already had white ABS).

Naw, I will figure something out since I can't print with this like this so printing a cable chain wasn't even an option but thanks for offering (I will probably zip tie the sucker but there is already a zip tie there so it is weird this issue was never fixed at the factory).

I have to ask but did anyone else have a missing screw on the Z axis leadscrew nut? I did in the back so instead of four I had three.
    No problem and yes, I got 2 rolls of Orange ABS with the machine. Before purchasing I had read that Qidi's Orange ABS was a good choice for starter filament.

No missing or loose screws here, only a squeaky/creaking rod bearing which was corrected with my fix outlined in this post - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post86372

Quote Originally Posted by electrichammer View Post
    After a few test cubes I am pretty happy with it.

Did a test print of the 3D Benchy though there are a few issues with it that you all may be able to guide me to fix.

Mainly top layers seem too thin (see picture).

Attachment 9377
    Settings are as follows.

Printed setting in Simplify3D
    High quality
    PLA
    Extruder layer 1 at 230 degress
    layer 2 at 240 degrees
    No heated bed

Attachment 9378

Attachment 9379

Any advice on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated
    Is there a reason why you would choose 0.9 extrusion multiplier instead of 1? I'm just curious as mine has been set at 1 and I didn't think to change it for any of my prints yet.

Student
    Ok, I have read this whole thread and have decided to purchase a Qidi Tech. It is to be delivered next Monday. My first question is why all of the current Qidi owners and posters on this thread haven't moved discussions to the Qidi group?

Page 132 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast