Close

Page 102 of 411 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Really it is best to remove the left stepper and extruder right off the bat. I generally print at 80mm/s with one extruder and travel at 120mm/s or so. Even 1 extruder sags a little, but doesn't seem to affect final product much. For critical parts print on the far right or far left of the print bed, that is where the gantry has the most support to avoid ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Really it is best to remove the left stepper and extruder right off the bat. I generally print at 80mm/s with one extruder and travel at 120mm/s or so. Even 1 extruder sags a little, but doesn't seem to affect final product much. For critical parts print on the far right or far left of the print bed, that is where the gantry has the most support to avoid ringing.
    Which is precisely what I do with a printer is parts. Hmmm, so, how hard would it be to replace these 8mm rods with 10mm? I am unsure what it uses to hold them in so I do not know how hard the change over would be (I am getting a sinking feeling it would be a nightmare due to the bearing holders and everything made for 8mm). I am not as much worried about Z right now (I will be just not yet) as I am X, and to some degree Y.

I just saw a review done today on the latest Craftbot Plus and that sucker uses 12mm smooth rods for Z. Way overkill he said but I disagree for the stuff I like to do. Now that printer could easily do dual extruders without blinking if the other rods were 12mm but I think they are 8m or 10mm.
    edit:
    The XY smoothed rods are all 8mm.
    The Z smoothed rods are both 12mm

Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-16-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Anyone who bought the latest version of the Qidi printer have a working starting script for S3D? I'm talking about when the printer starts up it just prints a goop at the right corner of the bed, I understand there is a script that nicely prints a line along the bottom of the bed before starting. I saw there are some posted before but I don't want to risk the extruder head slamming to the left like some have reported.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Anyone who bought the latest version of the Qidi printer have a working starting script for S3D? I'm talking about when the printer starts up it just prints a goop at the right corner of the bed, I understand there is a script that nicely prints a line along the bottom of the bed before starting. I saw there are some posted before but I don't want to risk the extruder head slamming to the left like some have reported.

Thank you.
    i got my printer on Friday and using s3d and it does the same thing so i would be interested in this also. i have copied the G code mentioned in the earlier post but i am the same don't want to risk it

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    That is working properly. It purges then wipes the nozzle on the front right corner. Run a skirt around the object after that.

Thank you.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    i got my printer on Friday and using s3d and it does the same thing so i would be interested in this also. i have copied the G code mentioned in the earlier post but i am the same don't want to risk it
    I find that if you catch it within 10-15 seconds after the wipe you can easily take the whole string + wipe portion off with a slight tug. Now it may be different for materials other than ABS and I can do that since I'm usually around at the starting stage of the print.

Sometimes when I left it on there until cooled, the string would bond to the printer wall or acrylic and it wasn't always the easiest to remove.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I created a new thread with the most recent script so it is easier to find.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...6116#post86116

Add cncartist on Thingiverse

Looks awesome so far!

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I created a new thread with the most recent script so it is easier to find.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...6116#post86116
    Thanks KludgeGuru!, I'll test it out later today.
    Though there is not much topics in the Thingiverse Group, pinned it just in case.

Damn, that looks good. But it looks like a lot of work to get it disassembled though.

Page 102 of 411 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast