Close

Page 124 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 4110
    Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Does anyone have a link to some glass holders (not clips) designed for 1/8 inch glass, or 1/4 inch that includes the CAD files so I can possibly modify them, depending on the program. I seem to remember someone mentioning them somewhere, but with 123 pages now, it will be impossible to find. Not sure why there is still no subforum for QIDI Tech.
    Try this one, it should work with 1/8" glass. Also the CAD files are included in Solidworks and IGES format.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    WD40 is a good adhesive remover. Spray on and let sit for an hour or so. Use a plastic scraper so to not scratch up the aluminum. Even an ice scraper will work, but I have some vinyl install squeeges that work for this.

I second WD40. It works well on Acrylic also without fogging up the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I second WD40. It works well on Acrylic also without fogging up the glass.
    Getting rid of sticky glue is never a problem (I was just wondering how to peel it off without damaging something) and if WD40 doesn't work (I have seen this not work before) olive oil sitting on it for about an hour makes it come off easily. Use some grease cutter and wipe clean and I am not really into scraping and gouging.

How do I get the tech information I need? I know Emily will not have it.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    To remove the blue pad I heated the build plate up to 90c and then used heat resistant gloves to peel the pad off after using a scrape tool to raise the corner. After removing it (~30 seconds of light peeling) I used Goof-Off and in 15 minutes I was able to remove all the sticky gunk with a paper towel. After I removed the blue pad I let it cool down as 90c was hot enough to vaporize the Goof-Off when I dripped it onto the aluminum. I believe Goof-Off will stain plastic, so be careful.
    Last edited by cncartist; 04-26-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Technician
    Try this one, it should work with 1/8" glass. Also the CAD files are included in Solidworks and IGES format.
    Which one?

Technologist
    Which one?
    LOL, I forgot to past the link. Sorry.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1463521

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Just wanted to chime in that I added the following designs to thingiverse which were made to house a Temperature/Humidity Sensor setup. This setup allows measuring of hot/cold zones inside the printers enclosed area.

Arduino Project Box with locations for LCD/switch/wiring + closable wiring lid - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1520159
    LCD Project Box with Header Breakout for 1.8" TFT LCD Display module ST7735S 128x160 - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1520137
    DHT22/AM2302 Digital Temperature Humidity Sensor Box / Holder / Case with Lid - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1520129

The Arduino code for the system is nearly finalized and hasn't been shared yet. If you print these things out faster than I am able to finish the code and would like to get the output that you see on my LCD, shoot me a message and I can provide what I am currently running. In order to publish the code I have to clean up a few things and comment for readability but it is fully functional.
    Last edited by cncartist; 04-26-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Technician
    LOL, I forgot to past the link. Sorry.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1463521
    Thanks. Any idea what the fins are for?

Thanks. Any idea what the fins are for?
    Looks and adding more surface area so it can cool down a tad more/quicker?

Seems really backwards to print clips in a material that has a Tg below, or at, the print bed's temp that you normally print at. Now if someone used Bakelite for these then I would be saying rock on but printed clips do get soft if ABS and PLA you might as well not even try.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Looks and adding more surface area so it can cool down a tad more/quicker?

Seems really backwards to print clips in a material that has a Tg below, or at, the print bed's temp that you normally print at. Now if someone used Bakelite for these then I would be saying rock on but printed clips do get soft if ABS and PLA you might as well not even try.
    They are not the best solution but many people have had good success with them so I believe your statement of "you might as well not even try them" is in error.

Page 124 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast