Close

Page 111 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4110
    Student
    Gotya!!! So wouldn't it be good to cover the heated build plate completely with this stuff? That way the glass would be level and completely transferring the heat evenly?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    You don't fasten a glass plate anymore you use those pads to transfer the heat up and having at least 4 makes it where the glass doesn't move and if you ever need to you can simply lift the glass up off of them (some might come up but no big deal you just leave it or peel it off and place it back on the metal then place the glass back on).

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    My Qidi for work arrived today. This time it shipped UPS from California, so it looks like they have a place with some stock in the US. Last time it came straight from China via DHL.

Student
    What do you use it for at work? You designing something?

Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    Gotya!!! So wouldn't it be good to cover the heated build plate completely with this stuff? That way the glass would be level and completely transferring the heat evenly?
    As I was recently told this answer I will repeat it...NO, lol. It forms air pockets and when you pull the glass up it will tear the pad. I was so hoping I could do this to take my taco MK2B and my boro and have 2mm thick under it but that isn't a good idea. Basically the printer I have I have never been able to print well with it because the MK2B is like a taco shell. The aluminum heat spreader helped but it finally was deformed as well (it came bent too). I give up on trying to get anything here that is flat and straight so I will buy a printer and if it isn't flat I have all sorts of things I can do even charging back if needed because it would have come like that since it is in the printer already.

The metal shop in Nashville left me high and dry and never did send me my quote and I think it is because I want something in metric (drawn with metric) and most shops can't do metric. Heck, the shop is all over the country and they can't even do anything with a cad drawing so pretty lame.

All I want is this in 1/4in Aluminum tool plate (Mic-6 for instance) and I can't get it. I have no way I can do the holes here and countersunk even but someone with a DP could easily whack that out (or even a CNC mill/router).

ToolingPlate.jpg

Couple that with a 3M backed 200 watt 24v silicone heater (or if I could find a Kapton Heater it would be even better) and my issues would be gone.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    What do you use it for at work? You designing something?
    The goal at work is to have a printer that can print exotic materials such as Tungsten and Bismuth loaded filament.. We already have 3 Stratasys uPrint SE Plus printers which are our work horses but material wise they don't have many options. We have a Makerbot Replicator 2X at work but it is just a piece of junk, I've spent 3 weeks trying to get it to print correctly and I'm still having problems. So I've given up on the Makebot and going to try the Qidi which I've been very happy with at home.

On a side note we have many Mechanical engineers at work that utilize the Stratasys printers, but I'm very proud of having the record for the longest printing project. I designed some test boxes which took 2 printers 5 weeks to complete with near constant printing. My project was the reason we purchased the 3rd printer.

Technologist
    The metal shop in Nashville left me high and dry and never did send me my quote and I think it is because I want something in metric (drawn with metric) and most shops can't do metric. Heck, the shop is all over the country and they can't even do anything with a cad drawing so pretty lame.

All I want is this in 1/4in Aluminum tool plate (Mic-6 for instance) and I can't get it. I have no way I can do the holes here and countersunk even but someone with a DP could easily whack that out (or even a CNC mill/router).

ToolingPlate.jpg
    I doubt it is the fact that you drew it in Metric, more likely it is that you are a hobbyist that wants a one off. You were more of a distraction that they didn't want. Most machine shops don't want to setup their machines for a quantity of 1, they want larger quantities that they can program the machine then let it run. We do stuff in metric all the time and we would laugh at a machine shop if they refused to do a job because it was in metric.

You should try some place like this:
    http://www.moranmachineshop.com/small%20quantities.html

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    The goal at work is to have a printer that can print exotic materials such as Tungsten and Bismuth loaded filament.. We already have 3 Stratasys uPrint SE Plus printers which are our work horses but material wise they don't have many options. We have a Makerbot Replicator 2X at work but it is just a piece of junk, I've spent 3 weeks trying to get it to print correctly and I'm still having problems. So I've given up on the Makebot and going to try the Qidi which I've been very happy with at home.

On a side note we have many Mechanical engineers at work that utilize the Stratasys printers, but I'm very proud of having the record for the longest printing project. I designed some test boxes which took 2 printers 5 weeks to complete with near constant printing. My project was the reason we purchased the 3rd printer.
    That Bismuth printing intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I doubt it is the fact that you drew it in Metric, more likely it is that you are a hobbyist that wants a one off. You were more of a distraction that they didn't want. Most machine shops don't want to setup their machines for a quantity of 1, they want larger quantities that they can program the machine then let it run. We do stuff in metric all the time and we would laugh at a machine shop if they refused to do a job because it was in metric.

You should try some place like this:
    http://www.moranmachineshop.com/small%20quantities.html
    No no, I did this because they advertise on their web site that they do one offs all the way to thousands as all are welcomed.

This is the page that says one or thousands of cuts. http://metalsupermarkets.com/services/

Now look at that page and tell me how it is they can't open any cad formats as they don't do cad? I had a voice call with them and that is what he told me so I had to do the drawing in jpeg for him.

Technologist
    No no, I did this because they advertise on their web site that they do one offs all the way to thousands as all are welcomed.

This is the page that says one or thousands of cuts. http://metalsupermarkets.com/services/

Now look at that page and tell me how it is they can't open any cad formats as they don't do cad? I had a voice call with them and that is what he told me so I had to do the drawing in jpeg for him.
    Maybe they just didn't like you then. :/

Hey 1 more post and you are up to a byte (255).

LOL. Naw, it was nothing personal and I have been very respectful to them but they obviously can't handle something. I know they never replied to me for almost a week until I called them and they had to admit they couldn't open the files I sent because they do not have any cad programs to open them with. I was scratching my head on that one after reading their website. Oh, well I will contact that place you mentioned and I hope they do Tool plate as normal aluminum will not work.

Page 111 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast