Close

Page 279 of 411 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    This is for the QIDI? Looks like the heat table is spun 180. Interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Wiring not included. Dave came up with a Z stage switch issue, but I sent him a couple designs to try.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Yes it is spun 180 due to the adjusters in the back being moved to the outside corners. This is the only way it will work with that heater plate.

It does put the plug in the front, but it isn't that big of deal. The wiring actually lays flatter when the platform is lowering since it has a better angle.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Do you guys use the bed level wizard in S3D or just use the bed level from the printer control panel?
    I only use the front panel for bed leveling. Never tried the S3D one. I do occasionally use a dial indicator as well.

Engineer
    I sent a kit to Dave, maybe he will post some pics.
    I will try and post some pix later today. I just got it yesterday afternoon and spent most of the evening tearing down, installing, and putting things back together. Its down to Z-Axis limit switch and shim games now. The install went perfectly and the kit and support from JFkansas was just great.

I was a bit of a nervous Nellie as I had not previously taken my QiDi apart to that degree. But no problems, once I had the electric driver in hand parts were flying off in every direction. I was a bit slower at re-assembly but everything went back together with no hiccups and the new rods, brackets and platform fit like a glove. No exceptions. I also replaced my heated bed power with some 14 Ga silicon flex cable. I bypassed the existing power connections and hardwired a pigtail w/ an XT-60 connector inline.

I've only printed a few items so far, so not much of a sample size yet. But the new 10mm rods and carbon fiber build platform are awesomely strong. This is my first experience with a thick piece of carbon fiber material, and that stuff is incredible. Like holding a piece of ultralight steel, and probably less flexible. As a system, there is no more resonant shudder of the print platform as the printer does the fine fill-in areas with offset short segments. I like that a lot. Once things are more back in place and all my fuzzy dice and raccoon tails are re-attached I will do some test prints to look at the resonance signatures in cube faces and such. But based solely upon on the few items I've printed so far, it's looking like a fantastic improvement.

Note:
    My QiDi is a fairly recent model, but was one of the last to come with 8mm rods, if that defines QiDi's untracked version history.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I will try and post some pix later today. I just got it yesterday afternoon and spent most of the evening tearing down, installing, and putting things back together. Its down to Z-Axis limit switch and shim games now. The install went perfectly and the kit and support from JFkansas was just great.

I was a bit of a nervous Nellie as I had not previously taken my QiDi apart to that degree. But no problems, once I had the electric driver in hand parts were flying off in every direction. I was a bit slower at re-assembly but everything went back together with no hiccups and the new rods, brackets and platform fit like a glove. No exceptions. I also replaced my heated bed power with some 14 Ga silicon flex cable. I bypassed the existing power connections and hardwired a pigtail w/ an XT-60 connector inline.

I've only printed a few items so far, so not much of a sample size yet. But the new 10mm rods and carbon fiber build platform are awesomely strong. This is my first experience with a thick piece of carbon fiber material, and that stuff is incredible. Like holding a piece of ultralight steel, and probably less flexible. As a system, there is no more resonant shudder of the print platform as the printer does the fine fill-in areas with offset short segments. I like that a lot. Once things are more back in place and all my fuzzy dice and raccoon tails are re-attached I will do some test prints to look at the resonance signatures in cube faces and such. But based solely upon on the few items I've printed so far, it's looking like a fantastic improvement.

Note:
    My QiDi is a fairly recent model, but was one of the last to come with 8mm rods, if that defines QiDi's untracked version history.

Sounds cool. I have the 10mm rods so I wonder if I could do everything but the actual rods and their associated parts? Unless those are better also!

Super Moderator
    Quick question -

If I am printing two identical parts that are only about 4mm high and 28 mm X 100mm is there any real reason to do two separate processes rather than just let 'em rip?

If you print them both at once, you'll only need to wait for the bed to heat up once.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Sounds cool. I have the 10mm rods so I wonder if I could do everything but the actual rods and their associated parts? Unless those are better also!
    The 10mm rods and bearings i get come from Misumi so generally better quality. How much? i don't know.... The bearings I specced also have a 4 hole flange, but I am pretty sure a 2 hole flange will bolt up. The top and bottom brackets help along with the stiff platform.

I've been stalking this thread since I got my Qidi a few months ago and just recently had apparently fried my mainboard. Qidi support was awesome and diagnosed and sent me replacement parts that I received in just a few days. Upon further researching and testing, I suspect it was shorted by thermocouplers. The replacement parts included 1 thermocoupler which works flawlessly, but I am now short one. I have asked for another one but can anyone recommend a good replacement option that won't take as long as ordering from China should Qidi not get it out quickly?

W - I love following the Flexion install and very intrigued. Hope to repeat soon.

MODERATOR NOTE: Post is late to appear due to unexpected problems obtaining moderator approval.
    Last edited by printbus; 10-10-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Engineer
    I sent a kit to Dave, maybe he will post some pics.

Here are some pix of the installed 10mm rods and carbon fibre build platform that I got from JFkansas:

I started by taking the bottom off, and here is the first thing I noticed. These guys are consistent.

Enough levity, here are the installed unit pix:

Page 279 of 411 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast