Close

Page 151 of 411 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4110
    Student
    But why would printing it as a one-piece cause the QiDi to leave blobs? While Makerbot at school prints so damn smoothly?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    JSensebe, very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    But why would printing it as a one-piece cause the QiDi to leave blobs? While Makerbot at school prints so damn smoothly?
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Please keep in mind I am sure it could be printed with a lot of supports, but it wouldn't look anywhere near as good as printing the pieces separately and a ton of finishing/post processing would be required in order to make the model look really clean.
    Without printing it myself I could not say exactly but the suggestions I provided would improve the overall flexibility of printing your model. The way the model is provided (fully assembled), I would not want to print it to test since it would require a large amount of support filament/waste. 41 meters of filament with support, 26.7 meters without support. All 4 gears in the below image are hidden inside of the support structure, it may print properly but your model deserves better.

NOTE: I didn't take the time to align the gears to the rods for the exact 0.01mm dimension which they should be for the final print. The STL files provided would allow a perfect mate of the parts provided you take the time to get the proper degrees/spacing.
    Last edited by cncartist; 05-14-2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added note

Student
    OK, how about someone give me a simple .x3g for me to print on my printer as-is and lets see how it comes out? If it horrid, I'll demand a refund.

(something you printed before) so we can compare the print job. I think my unit is defective.

OK, how about someone give me a simple .x3g for me to print on my printer as-is and lets see how it comes out? If it horrid, I'll demand a refund.

(something you printed before) so we can compare the print job. I think my unit is defective.
    Good luck with a refund as I couldn't get them to do it and it was their fault. Besides I priced how much shipping of it (at 60 pounds) would cost me to China and it was over 1k dollars. So, I took it all apart to fix their nonsense and carelessness.

Now, they did send me, via DHL, all parts I needed though the gift of the nozzles they said they included with the rod was lost in transit as it was in the box with the rod and the rod was sticking out about 5 to 6 inches from the end of the box all taped up. I showed Emily the picture and all she said was "It was sent and we don't know how that happened". So, oh, well.

If you can use ABS, here is the spiral vase x3g I used - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7M9AUUSCldVcEpYMDFOYmZEeVU/view?usp=sharing

It is ~3 hours to print, 12 meters of filament, no supports, and no cooling. 110c build plate, 230c extruder - Right nozzle only. Make sure to level your build plate and it will print in the center. Here is a picture of the settings / progress during build - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post86692.

NOTE: I've never printed someones .x3g file before and I can't guarantee it will work for everyone.

Student
    I finally had the time to print my first object. It was a design of my own. Printed in ABS at 210 and bed at 110. Came out ok all but the base. As it was my first print, I used the Qidi as received, i.e., I didn't remove the blue pad on the table. The object starts as a tube standing on end. The blue pad of the Qidi, bubbled up in the middle, which altered the first few layers of my object. The blue Qidi table pad remained bubbled up (single bubble) in the center. Anybody have this happen before? I do have the glass paltes that I plan on using, so identifying the issue is more curiosity issue for me.

JSensebe, very nice!

Without printing it myself I could not say exactly but the suggestions I provided would improve the overall flexibility of printing your model. The way the model is provided (fully assembled), I would not want to print it to test since it would require a large amount of support filament/waste. 41 meters of filament with support, 26.7 meters without support. All 4 gears in the below image are hidden inside of the support structure, it may print properly but your model deserves better.

NOTE: I didn't take the time to align the gears to the rods for the exact 0.01mm dimension which they should be for the final print. The STL files provided would allow a perfect mate of the parts provided you take the time to get the proper degrees/spacing.
    I loaded it up (first time I ever ran into a .thing file so I learned it is just a zip like format and 7-zip, zip, and winrar all work with it (learned something so cool)) but when I loaded the long file was longer than my bed and nothing I could do will make that print with that length on this printer. Now printing on an I3 style machine would be no problem due to its larger printing dimensions in Y and Z.

Student
    If you can use ABS, here is the spiral vase x3g I used - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7M9AUUSCldVcEpYMDFOYmZEeVU/view?usp=sharing

It is ~3 hours to print, 12 meters of filament, no supports, and no cooling. 110c build plate, 230c extruder - Right nozzle only. Make sure to level your build plate and it will print in the center. Here is a picture of the settings / progress during build - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post86692.

NOTE: I've never printed someones .x3g file before and I can't guarantee it will work for everyone.
    No ABS here. I donated my ABS spool to my campus. Since I used up most of their PLA for my prints. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I loaded it up (first time I ever ran into a .thing file so I learned it is just a zip like format and 7-zip, zip, and winrar all work with it (learned something so cool)) but when I loaded the long file was longer than my bed and nothing I could do will make that print with that length on this printer. Now printing on an I3 style machine would be no problem due to its larger printing dimensions in Y and Z.
    The print is using the whole Y axis of the printer and has to be rotated on an awkward angle to fit on the plate. It does fit and the finished print bed would be a wall of support going across and having proper environment calibration for even the filament guide tubes/extruder wires would be important.

Yep, it barely fits so everything has to be precise although I couldn't manage to move itto place as you did.

Page 151 of 411 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast