Close

Page 255 of 411 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 4110
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
    Why not just buy something like a Smoothieboard and install that if you want the latest firmware features?
    I do not believe there is a Sailfish fork for any 32 bit controllers...

I also don't know if going with the Smoothieware firmware would be better or worse for this printer.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I just don't like being lied to or manipulated and so I let people know what this company, and it seems Wanhao now, is up to.

Here is your image.
    By the way Jetty IS working on a real 7.8 Sailfish.
    Thanks! I too am frustrated. And the language barrier between Qidi Tech and I just makes technical communication that much harder...

I read about an upcoming official 7.8 firmware... lucky us we are stuck with Qidi Tech's unknown 7.8 version, which could be based on Sailfish version 7.1 for all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Thanks! I too am frustrated. And the language barrier between Qidi Tech and I just makes technical communication that much harder...

I read about an upcoming official 7.8 firmware... lucky us we are stuck with Qidi Tech's unknown 7.8 version, which could be based on Sailfish version 7.1 for all I know.
    Very true and let me tell you Jetty is not a happy man about shit companies like Qidi making up SF numbers like that. He bit my head off over it so buy a quality printer that uses the real Sailfish or suffer (I am putting that in nicer words than he used on me about it).

As far as the language barrier goes I sincerely think they use that to their advantage and easily understand what we are saying. I know more Chinese can read, write, and speak English than the English can their dialect of Chinese since they go to school and English is the international language of business so China demanded they learn it. Was a wise move imo.

I also don't know if going with the Smoothieware firmware would be better or worse for this printer.
    Better but even a Ramps based controller would be better imo due to no true PWM or Fan speed control currently on the machine, but that is a real SF issue that I don't think will really get fixed from what I have been told.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 07-27-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I have a older Qidi Tech (9 months) that came with a version of firmware called Makerbot Version 1 running on a ATmega 1280 board.
    About 6 months ago I decided to see if I could upgrade to Sailfish and initially thought I had bricked my board. Since I had succeeded in totally erasing all firmware from it. After a lot of googling I found the original bootloader and USB hex code for this board. I was able to load that back into the board with a programmer and AVRdude. Then I was able to load the current version of Sailfish. The problem with these boards is that Qidi Tech is using something called non standard fuse settings which makes upgrading the firmware difficult but not impossible. You just need knowledge and way to change the fuse settings. I have no idea what the newer board is using for fuse settings or what they should be.
    BTW all Chinese clone makers boards are missing nearly all of the same plugs. The only printer I know of that has the LED color change working is the original Makerbots.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    I have a older Qidi Tech (9 months) that came with a version of firmware called Makerbot Version 1 running on a ATmega 1280 board.
    About 6 months ago I decided to see if I could upgrade to Sailfish and initially thought I had bricked my board. Since I had succeeded in totally erasing all firmware from it. After a lot of googling I found the original bootloader and USB hex code for this board. I was able to load that back into the board with a programmer and AVRdude. Then I was able to load the current version of Sailfish. The problem with these boards is that Qidi Tech is using something called non standard fuse settings which makes upgrading the firmware difficult but not impossible. You just need knowledge and way to change the fuse settings. I have no idea what the newer board is using for fuse settings or what they should be.
    BTW all Chinese clone makers boards are missing nearly all of the same plugs. The only printer I know of that has the LED color change working is the original Makerbots.
    On a real Makerbot with a standard Mightyboard don't you just hit the reset button and flash it through the USB?

Super Moderator
    My design for corner clips for the side clear windows that allow quick removal. No hardware needed.

[IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Did you and RetroCreo get his board running a bona-fide version of SF 7.X?

Super Moderator
    My weekend project has shown up!! Hope it is as painless as it seems to set up and get running.

[IMG][/IMG]

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    My design for corner clips for the side clear windows that allow quick removal. No hardware needed.
    That looks great W! I actually started with a similar pin approach when I designed my version. I broke one of the pins off accidentally and shifted to re-using the original mounting screws instead. Just curious, but how much variation in thickness do you have in the acrylic on your QiDi?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    My weekend project has shown up!! Hope it is as painless as it seems to set up and get running.
    Even a great packing job! That looks sooo cool. I am really anxious to hear how it works out.

Page 255 of 411 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast