Close

Page 163 of 411 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 4110
    Here is my Vref experiment. I printed the same part with only the Vref value changing. Started at Vref 118, then went to 100, 80, 60, 50, 45 and 40 at which point my part failed to firmly point the raft and failed. Visually, it looked as if the filament was just laid on the print bed instead of "planted" on the bed. Also the extruder started to sound different, like it was weak or something. I'm printing a quadcopter frame right now looks great so far but, the raft at one corner did lift off the bed about 1 mm. I'll let it finish but I think I'll print the rest of this frame at Vref = 60 to see if the raft will start acting right.

Tks, Roger

Thanks for the note about vRef in the start script. I clearly missed that. Questions:

Since my start script defaults x,y vRef to 127, and we refer to 118 being maximum vRef of the QIDI:
    When changing vRef in start script, I would be scaling between 0 & 118 on the QIDI? Or, would I be overriding the QIDI vRef with whatever I put in my start code, clipped to a max of 118?

I guess i'll need to explore some more. I have not persisted any parameter changes to the QIDI yet outside of tinkering with start scripts & S3d interface.
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Roger36330 View Post
    Here is my Vref experiment. I printed the same part with only the Vref value changing. Started at Vref 118, then went to 100, 80, 60, 50, 45 and 40 at which point my part failed to firmly point the raft and failed. Visually, it looked as if the filament was just laid on the print bed instead of "planted" on the bed. Also the extruder started to sound different, like it was weak or something. I'm printing a quadcopter frame right now looks great so far but, the raft at one corner did lift off the bed about 1 mm. I'll let it finish but I think I'll print the rest of this frame at Vref = 60 to see if the raft will start acting right.

Tks, Roger
    Somewhere between 60 and 80 is the sweet spot I bet. Now was this for A, B, X, Y, Z or for all of them? A, and B will require more current (higher Vref).

Quote Originally Posted by suds View Post
    Thanks for the note about vRef in the start script. I clearly missed that. Questions:

Since my start script defaults x,y vRef to 127, and we refer to 118 being maximum vRef of the QIDI:
    When changing vRef in start script, I would be scaling between 0 & 118 on the QIDI? Or, would I be overriding the QIDI vRef with whatever I put in my start code, clipped to a max of 118?

I guess i'll need to explore some more. I have not persisted any parameter changes to the QIDI yet outside of tinkering with start scripts & S3d interface.
    Thx
    What is funny about the startup script is 127 isn't the highest 118 is though 127 should be (internally it accepts 127 though). Something to do with Sailfish according to the findings by Jetguy (Google him if you want to know who he is)
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 05-20-2016 at 05:29 PM.

Hey: how do you set these vref values in the startup scrips of Simplify3D? It'd be great once people figure out the values if someone could update the startup scripts that set up the Qidi extruders for us newbies!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW25561 View Post
    Hey: how do you set these vref values in the startup scrips of Simplify3D? It'd be great once people figure out the values if someone could update the startup scripts that set up the Qidi extruders for us newbies!
    I prefer to NOT do this via a script and just set it in the memory of the machine, but here ya go - G130 X118 Y118 Z40 A118 B118

Sorry, about late replies but the admin/moderator shut off my email notifications a few days ago and everything I tried never changed it so nothing I can do will bring them back. So, I just check back on a regular basis so no sweat off my nose.

Z40 stayed the same throughout the test , everything else stepped down together. Its printing some really nice parts without failures with the one exception when running everything at Vref=40.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger36330 View Post
    Z40 stayed the same throughout the test , everything else stepped down together. Its printing some really nice parts without failures with the one exception when running everything at Vref=40.
    Yeah, 40 is far too low for X,Y,A, and B. Z should be fine at 40 though.

How low did you manage to go and everything printed well?

Engineer-in-Training
    I am missing something....

What is the point of these Vref changes?
    It changes the power being fed to the stepper correct? But why? The motor is still gonna do the same steps per input wont it?

Also, I have decided to try and build a Kossel printer, gonna try and print most of the parts too...the plan is to only have to purchase rods, steppers, and hotbox+nozzle setup.
    I know they make kits for these, but I KNOW I can build one off a kit...that's no fun.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I am missing something....

Also, I have decided to try and build a Kossel printer, gonna try and print most of the parts too...the plan is to only have to purchase rods, steppers, and hotbox+nozzle setup.
    I know they make kits for these, but I KNOW I can build one off a kit...that's no fun.
    I've been working on one of these https://folgertech.com/products/folg...3d-printer-kit
    I's a kit and does have a few printed parts but I like the all extruded aluminum frame and corner pieces.
    It comes with everything you need and is easily modified/upgradable. Price is hard to beat.

Page 163 of 411 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast