Close

Page 17 of 411 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by amiedd View Post
    The bed temp is 110C
    Try 100c. Might help it from getting too stuck.

I will tell you all to get a MagHold build plate!!!! Epic! Just installed mine this weekend and LOVE it!!!

hi all, I just got my qidi a week ago. has anyone tried use this printer with wood, nylon or other type filaments?

Quote Originally Posted by ookismet View Post
    hi all, I just got my qidi a week ago. has anyone tried use this printer with wood, nylon or other type filaments?
    Hello I'm new here, I've had my printer for about 3 weeks now and I can say this thing can print pretty much any kind of material. So far I have tried flexible, wood and carbon fiber. Prints do actually come out fairly decent

Quote Originally Posted by migdobbs View Post
    Hello I'm new here, I've had my printer for about 3 weeks now and I can say this thing can print pretty much any kind of material. So far I have tried flexible, wood and carbon fiber. Prints do actually come out fairly decent
    What are you using to slice/print with? And your setting for flexible? I am having a heck of a time with semiflex Ninjaflex. Driving me crazy as I used to print with it on my little old fabrikator mini lol.

Thank you very much !! I actually contacted their support about it, they told me wood and nylon cant be print on it. now since you had tried that. I can go ahead buy some filaments now. thanks thanks

IMG_2363.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    What are you using to slice/print with? And your setting for flexible? I am having a heck of a time with semiflex Ninjaflex. Driving me crazy as I used to print with it on my little old fabrikator mini lol.
    I'm using Simplify 3D to slice up my models. I also have found that most of the models from thingiverse etither come out looking good or they don't. So far I have only printed test cubes that I model my self in rhino and I got to say, the quality is far superior than I expected. I printed them at 200 microns and they look so smooth. The flexible filament I printed at 205 with a heated bed at 60.This is probably too hot but I still need to experiment even more. I have used the same settings for the wood and the carbon fiber.
    Last edited by migdobbs; 02-16-2016 at 01:22 AM.

My QiDi arrives in a couple of days. Got it off ebay. Customer support was very responsive to pre-sales questions - even though they have been on Chinese New Year holiday for a week.

I want to print in Nylon and Carbon Fiber PLA/ABS. Does anyone have a recommendation for a hardened nozzle? I'm not certain if this has MK8, MK9, or MK10 style nozzles.

IMG_2363.jpg
    I'm using Simplify 3D to slice up my models. I also have found that most of the models from thingiverse etither come out looking good or they don't. So far I have only printed test cubes that I model my self in rhino and I got to say, the quality is far superior than I expected. I printed them at 200 microns and they look so smooth. The flexible filament I printed at 205 with a heated bed at 60.This is probably too hot but I still need to experiment even more. I have used the same settings for the wood and the carbon fiber.

I am not getting very good results with semiflex. I get a GREAT skirts, then it goes all funky and sputters, like it isn't consistently extruding...

It is gappy, and works for a little but, then it sputters, then good then sputter lol.

Can you share your settings? Like screen shots of the pages? I would LOVE it, and you lol if you could. I am even using the upgraded extruder from thingiverse. It feeds great when you are doing the 'load filament' and like I said when it lays down the skirt but then sucks after that lol.

Also only 205???

I see everyone using 250 lol, thta is what I am trying, I will try that next! I am also runing SUPER slow at like 600mm/min lol.

HELP!!!! lol

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    It has MK10 extruders.
    I would recommend you upgrade to these http://www.micro-swiss.com/#!product...e-cece31e3ba6f
    More then just a nozzle but it eliminates the PTFE tube which will allow a little higher temp.
    The stock nozzles are brass and will wear out with some of those filaments.

Page 17 of 411 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast