Close

Page 214 of 411 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Yeah it's crazy how wildly different various post services can be. Our Royal Mail isn't as bad as people like to joke about but it's definitely not as good as a few years ago before they started making cuts.
    But they get the job done, generally on time and at a generally fair price. I mean I'll be using them to ship the Print Bite and delivery within a week is only about $5. I think that's peanuts for shipping internationally with a fairly reasonable delivery time. Hell I've sent domestic packages less than 30 miles away and it's cost me more than that before.
    Royal mail in the 1980's was kick ass and my friend in Hull used to get 4 deliveries a day and if it was an over sized package 5. I always smh on that one as to why so many since he was just in a public housing complex over there. Not sure what you chaps called them but it was a normal house in a community with not much room inbetween but was a public housing complex that, still to this day, we do not see in the states. Back then the mere mention of public housing brought up thoughts of the show Good Times and the projects where crime was king and that is how it was here back then. Still, the projects that are left I will not drive through around at night just too many murders.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Royal mail in the 1980's was kick ass and my friend in Hull used to get 4 deliveries a day and if it was an over sized package 5. I always smh on that one as to why so many since he was just in a public housing complex over there. Not sure what you chaps called them but it was a normal house in a community with not much room inbetween but was a public housing complex that, still to this day, we do not see in the states. Back then the mere mention of public housing brought up thoughts of the show Good Times and the projects where crime was king and that is how it was here back then. Still, the projects that are left I will not drive through around at night just too many murders.

Aye it's changed days now with, well everything
    Think we'd probably just call it a council estate, well that or a shit hole, ha.
    I can get away with that, I was born in one and spent the first 7 years of my life there before my parents decided to move us 60 miles away for a better quality of life. So I've been lucky really, we live in a nice place, crime in the entire region is incredibly low. (Not that I was always a good boy growing up, far far from it, I reeeaaallly enjoyed life but still managed to get an education and good jobs. but no-one outside of my friends knew about my wild side, I hid that well. But oh the stories I could tell you ) but I digress, bloody medication, what the hell was I talking about.

Sorry folks, awfy rambling, you wouldn't want to be in my head. And I've got to work like this, not much will be getting done

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Aye it's changed days now with, well everything
    Think we'd probably just call it a council estate, well that or a shit hole, ha.
    I can get away with that, I was born in one and spent the first 7 years of my life there before my parents decided to move us 60 miles away for a better quality of life. So I've been lucky really, we live in a nice place, crime in the entire region is incredibly low. (Not that I was always a good boy growing up, far far from it, I reeeaaallly enjoyed life but still managed to get an education and good jobs. but no-one outside of my friends knew about my wild side, I hid that well. But oh the stories I could tell you ) but I digress, bloody medication, what the hell was I talking about.

Sorry folks, awfy rambling, you wouldn't want to be in my head. And I've got to work like this, not much will be getting done
    Well, all of this is off the subject at hand but I will tell you what was your shit hole would have been a palace and a great way of life here in the states in comparison. After 31 years I am sure they have ran down, or have they, because here they are having to tear down a lot of projects and the homeless rate went up. Section 8 housing is what took its place so the govt had less to do and they saved money. Nothing worse than spend 1k, or more, a month in an apartment and in comes Section 8 who paid 100 per month. Talk about ticked off residents and houses 50-100 per month while your neighbors are 1k-2k per month. The rich hoods screamed bloody murder but the govt told them to move to an island.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Well, all of this is off the subject at hand but I will tell you what was your shit hole would have been a palace and a great way of life here in the states in comparison. After 31 years I am sure they have ran down, or have they, because here they are having to tear down a lot of projects and the homeless rate went up. Section 8 housing is what took its place so the govt had less to do and they saved money. Nothing worse than spend 1k, or more, a month in an apartment and in comes Section 8 who paid 100 per month. Talk about ticked off residents and houses 50-100 per month while your neighbors are 1k-2k per month. The rich hoods screamed bloody murder but the govt told them to move to an island.

I know it's off subject, honest I'll stop rambling.
    But that's just crazy, honestly the past few years the world has gone crazy and the next few, now that's a scary thought. Trump as president?? UK splitting from the EU, god knows what it's going to be like in a year or two. (Sorry if anyone is a Trump supporter, from the outside as a non US citizen he seems, em, certifiable?) incidentally I'm not anti-US at all, I keep trying to talk the wife into moving there, I've loved it when I've visited.

Better say something on topic, I'm a happy chappie, finally got my Qidi dialed in the way I want it. Test cubes coming in almost bang on target. Less than 0.001 variation from the 20x10 and 20x20 cubes I printed. I'm calling that close enough.

Super Moderator
    What's the tallest piece you have been able to print?

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    What's the tallest piece you have been able to print?
    Depends on the material but around 10-12cm then something always seemed to happen.

Super Moderator
    Depends on the material but around 10-12cm then something always seemed to happen.
    Ok, I am going for a 145mm print. Something tells me I am going to want a print for taller items!

Super Moderator
    I am trying to print this spiral. The front side (front of machine) is doing fine but the fins on the back are deforming. I am guessing it's a heat issue. I think I also need to slow down the overall print speed.

Any thoughts?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I am trying to print this spiral. The front side (front of machine) is doing fine but the fins on the back are deforming. I am guessing it's a heat issue. I think I also need to slow down the overall print speed.

Any thoughts?
    If that is PLA, are you using the left extruder and is the blower running full speed? Also, what layer thickness? I was wondering if thinner layers might warp less?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If that is PLA, are you using the left extruder and is the blower running full speed? Also, what layer thickness? I was wondering if thinner layers might warp less?
    It is PLA. I was going to slow down the printing until I found "spiral mode" I am going to give it a try and see.

Page 214 of 411 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast