Close

Page 212 of 411 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    From MakerGeeks, Maker is their standard line of PLA and ABS. That is the stuff that I have had good luck using.
    I've tried one roll of their Raptor PLA (that's their high performance PLA) and it printed wonderfully, more like ABS than PLA, but jammed up my extruder after about 4 hours of printing. Syd warned me, but you know I had to experience the pain for myself.
    They just released their Crystal PLA and PETG line last week. I've ordered a roll of that in PLA but have not received it yet. Some way cool translucent colors there, sure hope it prints well.

Got no idea on Orb, never tried their stuff.
    Cool - thanks for the info. I'll get some ordered.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    This was too good of a deal so I have to post this to everyone... 5PCS free shipping New arrival 3d printer M7 stainless steel MK10 Nozzle 0.4mm

I wonder how good these really are?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/5PCS-New-arrival-3d-printer-M7-stainless-steel-MK10-Nozzle-0-4mm-3D0121/32647166744.html

I received the 5 nozzles I ordered on the 24th in today's post. Quick transit. They look right except the nozzle opening is smaller than .4 mm.
    I cannot get a .38 mm bit into it, but I can get a .31 mm bit thru with minimal contact. That's as close as I can call it with the tools at hand. I don't know when I will run them but will try to do it within a week.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    Those door hinges are a nice, elegant solution. Where can I get those?
    The door hinges are at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1597284 I gotta say they really work quite well. I did use supports when I printed them.
    Another handy door accessory is http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1634818 It will hold the door up and open if you don't feel like removing it.
    And lastly, if you want to keep the door closed and not waffling in the breeze, try http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1614452

Super Moderator
    Good morning all. Printed a cell phone case in PLA and it came out nice. Wish I could post pics here. What do you guys recommend to be able to? I will post to the Facebook group "QIDI 3D"

I am going to switch over to ABS today to try for the first time. What have you found to be the best method of retracting/removing the current filament?

Any tips suggestions for the ABS?

Thanks and Happy 4th of July weekend to all of my new 3D printing friends!!!!!

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Ontop of that there is another issue I think I see.

Just watched a bunch of youtube vids on it...noticing that EVERYTHING is being printed with rafts.

Whats the deal there?

If the trade-off for printing without a bonding agent is that everything has to be done on rafts I am not sure its so good. Using PVC sticker and glue stick I print almost nothing on a raft. It is very rare I come across something that needs a raft to print properly.

Just thought I'd throw this up while there's a print on the go and you'd only seen printing being done with rafts on this stuff.

This is a quickie I'm doing for the mother-in-law (no jokes thank you ) but you can see it's occupying most of the bed and all I'm using is a skirt to check the flow on the first layer.

Probably about 5mm height printed so far there and as you can see it's all nicely flat and adhered to the bed. But I expect that, it'll stay that way until it cools at the end.

@DarkAlchemist
    I offered you my spare bit before, I've just looked at shipping costs from here to the US, 5-7 day delivery costs practically nothing. So if you're interested in giving it a go, I'm happy to send it to you gratis. I'd certainly sooner someone got use of it than it sitting in a box under my desk doing nothing, it's too good to waste.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Good morning all. Printed a cell phone case in PLA and it came out nice. Wish I could post pics here. What do you guys recommend to be able to? I will post to the Facebook group "QIDI 3D"

I am going to switch over to ABS today to try for the first time. What have you found to be the best method of retracting/removing the current filament?

Any tips suggestions for the ABS?

Thanks and Happy 4th of July weekend to all of my new 3D printing friends!!!!!

For your pics, just upload to Flickr or somewhere and use the link to the photo to embed it.

For switching filaments over, I just snip off the current filament a cm or two above the extruder assembly and do a load filament process. When the old filament has disappeared down the feed hole, just start feeding in the new one. Nice and easy and it's not steered me wrong yet.
    Just make sure if you're swapping from PLA to ABS to increase the temperature for feeding in the ABS up to 230 beforehand (Just set it in the preheat temperature setting menu) or it won't feed so well I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I have the 1/4" Boro from McMaster. Trying it now with Aqua Net. I will try bare. Aside from the table temps what are your basic settings for the filament etc.?
    Nothing changed I really did just ramp up the bed temp, or lower it for PLA, and bare boro printed like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    From MakerGeeks, Maker is their standard line of PLA and ABS. That is the stuff that I have had good luck using.
    I've tried one roll of their Raptor PLA (that's their high performance PLA) and it printed wonderfully, more like ABS than PLA, but jammed up my extruder after about 4 hours of printing. Syd warned me, but you know I had to experience the pain for myself.
    They just released their Crystal PLA and PETG line last week. I've ordered a roll of that in PLA but have not received it yet. Some way cool translucent colors there, sure hope it prints well.

Got no idea on Orb, never tried their stuff.
    I grabbed the red Crystal but they need more than four colors in it.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this up while there's a print on the go and you'd only seen printing being done with rafts on this stuff.

This is a quickie I'm doing for the mother-in-law (no jokes thank you ) but you can see it's occupying most of the bed and all I'm using is a skirt to check the flow on the first layer.

Probably about 5mm height printed so far there and as you can see it's all nicely flat and adhered to the bed. But I expect that, it'll stay that way until it cools at the end.

@DarkAlchemist
    I offered you my spare bit before, I've just looked at shipping costs from here to the US, 5-7 day delivery costs practically nothing. So if you're interested in giving it a go, I'm happy to send it to you gratis. I'd certainly sooner someone got use of it than it sitting in a box under my desk doing nothing, it's too good to waste.

If Dark don't want it I will pay ya for it...long as ya got paypal.

@wirlybird:
    I use PhotoBucket to save pics and post em here.

The way I change filament out is to use the 'Load Filament' feature on machine. Once nozzle hits about 200c you should be able to pull the old filament out the top. Then put the new stuff in. If you dont wanna pull against the feed gear just cut the old stuff off right above the monifold and feed the new stuff in behind it.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Nothing changed I really did just ramp up the bed temp, or lower it for PLA, and bare boro printed like a charm.

I grabbed the red Crystal but they need more than four colors in it.
    I am liking the glass. Got the aqua net working fine. Will try bare when it wears off. For now I am just using blue tape to hold the glass in place, works great. I do find I need to level each glass change, I have two pieces so I swap them out. Am I being to picky or is it a good idea to level each time? It's not too big a deal to do it.

I am going to grab a crystal also will be interested to hear your experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post

@DarkAlchemist

I will gladly give 'er a shot and sorry I missed the posting (I am still trying to get used to these forums saying new posts only takes me back way before and always to the same page).

Darn these forums.

Oh, the Crystal Meth, I mean Red, from Makergeeks will be here on Tue due to the 4th Holiday. They sent it 2nd day USPS Priority mail but is only about 300 miles from me so 2nd day USPS Priority, or regular, it is a 2 day mailing from them.

Now to wait for it and see if the mail person gets out of their truck and attempts to deliver it or if they just destroy my mailbox again (will be the third time if so) by stuffing it inside or just puts a note in it and I have to go pick it up. They are extremely lazy drivers here.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 07-02-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Page 212 of 411 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast