Close

Page 136 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 4110
    I received and assembled my QIDI Tech 1 today :-) I have a few questions. My fan did not come with any screws. They need to be flat-head screws. Did anyone else receive screws? Any idea on proper size / thread count so I can go to home depot and grab some?

Also, I tried to print the sample ABS file from the SD card. It heated extruder to 230 C and the platform to 40 C. Isn't that the correct temp for PLA?

How do I get it to heat to the correct temp for ABS (and what are the correct temps for ABS) ?

The instruction files that came with the printer have conflicting statements regarding the fan. Should the fan be on or off for ABS? How about PLA?

Thanks!

Todd

Oh, almost forgot, my printer came with metal filament spool holders rather than the plastic ones. I guess thats good

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Agreed it is a kit setup while the others are close to plug and play.

Quote Originally Posted by talasyn View Post
    I received and assembled my QIDI Tech 1 today :-) I have a few questions. My fan did not come with any screws. They need to be flat-head screws. Did anyone else receive screws? Any idea on proper size / thread count so I can go to home depot and grab some?

Also, I tried to print the sample ABS file from the SD card. It heated extruder to 230 C and the platform to 40 C. Isn't that the correct temp for PLA?

How do I get it to heat to the correct temp for ABS (and what are the correct temps for ABS) ?

The instruction files that came with the printer have conflicting statements regarding the fan. Should the fan be on or off for ABS? How about PLA?

Thanks!

Todd

Oh, almost forgot, my printer came with metal filament spool holders rather than the plastic ones. I guess thats good
    Mine was not missing any parts/screws and I believe the machine uses M3 screws near the extruder/steppers. I found the ones for my cable chain extension at lowes by Hillman and they come in mm lengths but no difference in TPI for M3.

I would recommend generating the g-code/tool paths yourself using the software of your choice. The printer takes x3g files and these hold all the instructions for the print process including temperatures, speed, and filament extrusion settings.

I did not use the SD card and couldn't tell you what's on it but I can say I have learned that the fan settings for ABS are print dependent but generally I keep it off.

Printer arrived and I had a bent rod that controls Y and it is so bent that it makes the plastic bearing holders flex (put you hand on it and I would say about 3mm of flex back and forth) and makes popping sounds when printing. Qidi said that the bent rod would not make the popping sounds I video'd for them but with how bent it is and the holders themselves flexing as it turns no amount of oil will help this.

So, I need to pull the entire machine apart starting on the right hand side because the left hand side is a riveted Y endstop holder that will not allow me to drop the assembly so I can remove it. Once I can get this assembly out I need to replace that rod as prints are alright but Y does shift sometimes depending. Emily is sending me a replacement rod (I hope this one isn't bent) via DHL so should arrive in 4 days. Until I replace the faulty rod I can't really print on it as it is flexing the plastic holders pretty badly. I have about 10 hours of print on it (4 things I printed to diagnose with Emily) and it is only getting worse as the first hour it wasn't so bad.

Thanks for the replies.

GeckoTek also do a mag build platform with instructions on using the heating plate with it.

I will have a look at printing the new extruder frame tonight. Thanks for that.

Do prints also pop off of glass is using PLA as well ?. If so then maybe glass would be good enough. I am in a flat with kids and a dog around so spraying around hairspray would probably attract a lower WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) than just using a mag or glass plate without it .

Quote Originally Posted by RimBlock View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

GeckoTek also do a mag build platform with instructions on using the heating plate with it.

Do prints also pop off of glass is using PLA as well ?. If so then maybe glass would be good enough. I am in a flat with kids and a dog around so spraying around hairspray would probably attract a lower WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) than just using a mag or glass plate without it .
    Yes, they sure do or at least they did on my Boro. This pc glue blue pad is hell to get prints off and I am afraid I will bend the 6mm heated bed with as much force as it take. A really large print I wouldn't dare even try and I did try to heat and cool then heat and cool and that didn't seem to help. PLA testing only for now.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RimBlock View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

PLA pops off the glass even more willingly than ABS does.

Not a big fan of PLA....I have 2 rolls of it and hardly ever use it. I use ABS for everything, unless it something that NEEDS the higher viscosity of PLA to come out right. Past that it is just a bother to work with.
    I would have just one roll of PLA...but there was this green color Orb Polymer has that my wife made me buy lol. Its a deep almost forest green, but the coloring is semi-translucent, so the prints come out with this super shiny finish that reflects a good amount of light. I don't like PLA but don't regret buying that roll as I made a bunch of Green Lantern rings for a buddy...he paid $40 for the lot of em =)

I had very good results with pla and glass on my i3 prusa...

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    I had very good results with pla and glass on my i3 prusa...
    How ya like the Prusa I3??

Just ordered an I3 clone. Want to mess around with the Mk8 setup. Figured if nothing else it would be a good knock-around machine to play with while my Qidi's are printing shop stuff.

I'm ready for my first build. Since I cannot connect my fan until I get the correct screws for it (in a couple of days), I'm going to try something with ABS. I'm assuming the fan really isn't required for ABS. Is that a bad assumption? At least to do a test build. Also, I have a question about removing the object from the build plate once its done. Am I supposed to remove it as soon as the print has completed or when everything has cooled off? I read so much about the difficulties removing the object, I wasn't sure what is best. Also, my plate came covered with a blue material (see photo). Should I just use that as-is, or should I cover it with blue painters table, glue stick, something else? Is it correct that people cover the plate with different materials in order to get the print to stick to the plate and not because that are trying to assist in removing the object? Sorry for the questions. Trying my best to research first and not ask the same question twice.

Thanks!

Todd

IMG_5471.jpg

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by talasyn View Post
    I'm ready for my first build. Since I cannot connect my fan until I get the correct screws for it (in a couple of days), I'm going to try something with ABS. I'm assuming the fan really isn't required for ABS. Is that a bad assumption? At least to do a test build. Also, I have a question about removing the object from the build plate once its done. Am I supposed to remove it as soon as the print has completed or when everything has cooled off? I read so much about the difficulties removing the object, I wasn't sure what is best. Also, my plate came covered with a blue material (see photo). Should I just use that as-is, or should I cover it with blue painters table, glue stick, something else? Is it correct that people cover the plate with different materials in order to get the print to stick to the plate and not because that are trying to assist in removing the object? Sorry for the questions. Trying my best to research first and not ask the same question twice.

Thanks!

Todd

IMG_5471.jpg
    Please watch the video I have uploaded yesterday, I believe it answers ALL your questions about the build plate, removal, and how to get items to stick in the description. In the video I remove 3 identical parts using different methods, then scrape the build plate clean, and finally apply glue for the next print. If you don't have a print removal tool yet I'd recommend ordering one from Amazon ASAP if you are using the blue sticker build plate. There are different methods that can be used but I have found this currently works great for me until I have another spare couple days to do my glass build plate setup.

You are correct, you do not need the fan for ABS unless you are doing very intricate/hangover parts without support.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post

Here is a short video showing removal of 3 identical parts from a "blue sticker" build plate via print removal tool. The second part removal is simulating a "strong bonded" part with little access and I use the isopropyl on it to quickly loosen the edge. There is a different method on each one and the comments of the video should explain fully.

Page 136 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast