Close

Page 96 of 411 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
    Hey Guys, I reprinted the wingnuts with the remixed design and they work well.

Also I thought it might be a good idea to have a "sticky" kind of thing going since the information is sort of repeated and lost in 90+ pages. So I created a thingyverse group for Qidi owners.

http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/qidi-tech-i

I made a topic on the useful things to make. So we can use it for like sharing purposes. For example, if KludgeGuru were to make a guide on how he upgrade those rods, he could create a topic there and others can use that guide.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I did inquire how to have a Qidi Tech subforum here and this is the response I got:
    We normally charge a month fee for folders like this, however if you'd be willing to place a promenant link on your main website stating that it is your official forum I would be willing to set this up for you.
    So unless Qidi declares this as their official forum it's not going to happen here.

A Thingiverse group is a great alternative. Oh and was that a not so subtle hint?

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I did inquire how to have a Qidi Tech subforum here and this is the response I got:

So unless Qidi declares this as their official forum it's not going to happen here.

A Thingiverse group is a great alternative. Oh and was that a not so subtle hint?
    We'll be waiting hehe.

I have an idea for holding the front cover open using magnets, no 3D printed parts involved though. I have bought some magnets, when they arrive I will post if they work out ok.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    I got my printer and have been printing upgrade parts and other neat items, waiting to run out of the first spool of ABS currently. The printer was easy to setup but I did have a failure of Temp 0 sensor and another issue with something related to the extruder temperature saying it was over 350 even though it was not heated yet. I took the bottom off and secured the wiring better which did the trick.

I haven't installed the glass build plate yet as I'm seeing how long this stock setup lasts. I have noticed after time the prints come out with a finish that definitely needs sanding but will probably be fixed with the glass build plate setup. I wasn't very happy with the way the wiring & filament guide was hitting the acrylic cover so I made something to take care of it but prior I had used "shims" to keep it at the level I wanted.

I've designed a couple upgrades for the QIDI which I will be sharing on thingiverse. I'm sure they will fit the other printers as well, flashforge etc. If anyone is looking to add an arduino temperature/humidity sensor with LCD setup to their QIDI, I would be willing to share the plans when I finalize them as the project is almost complete. It adds a light switch to the printer as well since I found that the software didn't have that functionality. It looks like it should work according to the UI but when I pressed it, but the lights did not go off. I still have to figure out a mount for the bare DHT sensor, but that should be pretty simple.

I do have the issue of the rear Y-Axis rod being bent and I fear it is causing issues as the machine has developed a creaking when printing but it hasn't affected print quality too much from what I can tell. I greased all the rods/bearings properly with Super Lube and clean them if they accumulate too much grime but the creaking seems to be happening in the rear right corner of my machine. I will most likely contact QIDI support shortly as I just received the machine and I am willing to disassemble and correct the issue if there is a faulty bearing, etc. Video has been captured of the sound + movement in Y-Axis rod but hasn't been uploaded yet.

Overall I am really happy with the printer as I expected minor issues that could be resolved in a couple hours which has all been true so far. I fear if the Y-Axis rod bearing seizes or breaks a plastic part I will be in some more serious trouble but everything else seems stable and I am quite pleased with the out of the box printing in 3 hours experience. A lot of research was done prior and that helped me choose upgrades wisely and know what to expect from the machine for both output and maintenance. Simplify 3D has definitely worked out well for me and importing custom models and generating supports was a breeze. I found some solid settings to start with and haven't really tweaked them much since my first couple prints. I'm hoping I can improve my print quality and figure out the smoothing of ABS printed items but that is all in due time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    We'll be waiting hehe.

I have an idea for holding the front cover open using magnets, no 3D printed parts involved though. I have bought some magnets, when they arrive I will post if they work out ok.
    I didn't see your post before I finished mine but that is awesome as I am using magnets to hold the cover up + down, 3 magnet positions in total - they can be seen in my attached image above.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    I didn't see your post before I finished mine but that is awesome as I am using magnets to hold the cover up + down, 3 magnet positions in total - they can be seen in my attached image above.
    Your upgrades looks really nice!

My idea is to place the 2 magnets at the hinges, i've edited your image, look for the red oval at the hinge that is where I plan to place them. Maybe use some hot glue to stick them there. I don't have a issue with the door staying closed so I might not do anything about that. The magnets I bought are supposed to be tiny and strong. They should hold I guess.

20160412_233312_edited.jpg

hey guys, so all this discussion about the QIDI being not so good got me thinking... what would you suggest.

option A: QIDI Tech 1 for around 699 in ebay (if they accept the offer) + 110 customs = 810

option B: Flashforge Creator Pro for 999

Does Flashforge use the 10mm rods and are there any other big differences for upgrade or spare parts?

THX
    Last edited by Shinobi; 04-14-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    I got my printer and have been printing upgrade parts and other neat items, waiting to run out of the first spool of ABS currently. The printer was easy to setup but I did have a failure of Temp 0 sensor and another issue with something related to the extruder temperature saying it was over 350 even though it was not heated yet. I took the bottom off and secured the wiring better which did the trick.

I haven't installed the glass build plate yet as I'm seeing how long this stock setup lasts. I have noticed after time the prints come out with a finish that definitely needs sanding but will probably be fixed with the glass build plate setup. I wasn't very happy with the way the wiring & filament guide was hitting the acrylic cover so I made something to take care of it but prior I had used "shims" to keep it at the level I wanted.

I've designed a couple upgrades for the QIDI which I will be sharing on thingiverse. I'm sure they will fit the other printers as well, flashforge etc. If anyone is looking to add an arduino temperature/humidity sensor with LCD setup to their QIDI, I would be willing to share the plans when I finalize them as the project is almost complete. It adds a light switch to the printer as well since I found that the software didn't have that functionality. It looks like it should work according to the UI but when I pressed it, but the lights did not go off. I still have to figure out a mount for the bare DHT sensor, but that should be pretty simple.

I do have the issue of the rear Y-Axis rod being bent and I fear it is causing issues as the machine has developed a creaking when printing but it hasn't affected print quality too much from what I can tell. I greased all the rods/bearings properly with Super Lube and clean them if they accumulate too much grime but the creaking seems to be happening in the rear right corner of my machine. I will most likely contact QIDI support shortly as I just received the machine and I am willing to disassemble and correct the issue if there is a faulty bearing, etc. Video has been captured of the sound + movement in Y-Axis rod but hasn't been uploaded yet.

Overall I am really happy with the printer as I expected minor issues that could be resolved in a couple hours which has all been true so far. I fear if the Y-Axis rod bearing seizes or breaks a plastic part I will be in some more serious trouble but everything else seems stable and I am quite pleased with the out of the box printing in 3 hours experience. A lot of research was done prior and that helped me choose upgrades wisely and know what to expect from the machine for both output and maintenance. Simplify 3D has definitely worked out well for me and importing custom models and generating supports was a breeze. I found some solid settings to start with and haven't really tweaked them much since my first couple prints. I'm hoping I can improve my print quality and figure out the smoothing of ABS printed items but that is all in due time.

I have this EXACT same issue on mine. It actually got really really loud on prints that ran multiple hours. They sent me some steps to try of loosening the grub screws on the back left and right pulleys, and then moving the carriage back and forth quickly a few minutes and then tighten them down again.

It has been pretty quite since then

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    hey guys, so all this discussion about the QIDI being not so good got me thinking... what would you suggest.

option A: QIDI Tech 1 for around 699 in ebay (if they accept the offer) + 110 customs = 810

option B: Flashforge Creator Pro for 999

Does Flashforge use the 10mm rods and are there any other big differences for upgrade or spare parts?

THX
    Creator Pro comes with 10mm rods for Z but I could not find anything out for X and Y which leads me to believe they are 8mm (really even more sad considering the cost if true).

If you look a couple of pages back you will see I was told $999 vs $699 + ~200 dollars for the parts needed to upgrade the machine and I might as well spend the 100 extra and get the real deal. He also said he suspects that price will go back up when Flashforge releases the 2016 version of the Pro (if it does).

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Creator Pro comes with 10mm rods for Z but I could not find anything out for X and Y which leads me to believe they are 8mm (really even more sad considering the cost if true).

If you look a couple of pages back you will see I was told $999 vs $699 + ~200 dollars for the parts needed to upgrade the machine and I might as well spend the 100 extra and get the real deal. He also said he suspects that price will go back up when Flashforge releases the 2016 version of the Pro (if it does).
    the technology outlet uk store has listed a 2016 version, but there are not details about the upgrades they made.
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...eator-pro-2016

they also offer the current version for a lower price
    https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/c...ge-creator-pro

on the amazon uk store they even have the "older" one listed for 699 british pounds. Is the 2016 version worth the higher price? it looks like that i could just print most of the upgrade parts...

Page 96 of 411 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast