Close

Page 65 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    Has anybody tried to upgrade the rods yet?

The Flashforge store has this kit listed as a Creator X upgrade. I've contacted them asking what size the rods are, no reply yet.
    http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/f...-platform.html
    Got a response from Flashforge:
    We do not have the exact dimension of each part. This kit will fit on Creator X and Creator Pro.

Not that helpful... emailed them back.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ya, I will know here in a week or so if it will fit. However I am redesigning a few other aspects beyond the FF upgrade.

Technician
    You have great points and I agree with them. I was trying to point out that I think HBP + non-thermal adhesive layer + glass + PEI layer seemed to hurt more than help.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I think your missing some of the finer points glass affords you.

First off, you should be running glass directly on the aluminium stock plate, should be nothing in-between.
    Glass is for flatness and adhesion, but it also helps ALOT for getting prints off the plate...unless you like releveling your machine after every print. The glass can be removed, rather than jarring the z axis trolly to get your print free.
    Glass plates are also better for turnover time, esp if you have a way of preheating the plates a bit. Talked to a buddy of mine out in Cali that prints on glass, has a 5min turnover time between prints, because he has heating cabinet to preheat the plates to 80c. Print done, old plate out, new plate in and start next print.
    Not to mention cleanup is alot easier, wipe it with some denatured alcohol and its clean as the day I got it.

Technician
    @Kludge - are you still using the corner brackets from that Makersome kit or did you print new ones?

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    @Kludge - are you still using the corner brackets from that Makersome kit or did you print new ones?
    I was using 1 from the kit and I printed two of another design from Thingiverse. I found that the glass was shifting a little so I started holding it from 3 corners which helped. I was going to try this one next:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1296854

Then I dropped and shattered my glass, so now I'm temporarily printing on PET tape on top of the blue sticker that came with the Qidi. The PET tape is actually doing pretty good. It smells better than printing with the hairspray. I ordered a Maghold plate and I plan to use PET tape on top of the spring steel. Guess I'm clumsy and I don't want to break another $20 piece of glass. I have a Maghold at work on a Makerbot which has the BuildTak sticker on the spring steel. I'm learning to hate the BuildTak print surface, it just doesn't work very well compared to the hairspray or the PET tape. I really like the Maghold concept.

Engineer-in-Training
    I think I attached the start of my wire chain to low in the machine, 13 links is not nearly enough...OOOPS lol.
    Oh well, gonna print 4 more and it will be good to go. Well, will print them soon as my machine up and running again. Got my parts today so did alot other than install the chain.

Def interested in the 10 or 12mm upgrade to the z axis bars being spoken of.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    I think I attached the start of my wire chain to low in the machine, 13 links is not nearly enough...OOOPS lol.
    Oh well, gonna print 4 more and it will be good to go. Well, will print them soon as my machine up and running again. Got my parts today so did alot other than install the chain.

Def interested in the 10 or 12mm upgrade to the z axis bars being spoken of.
    If your using the same design I'm using and puting the mount just above the base then 14 will do it.

Technician
    Any idea why this thing plays music a couple times in the middle of my print? I know I remember someone somewhere in this massive thread mention something about it being where he had temperature changes, but my print has no temperature changes.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    Any idea why this thing plays music a couple times in the middle of my print? I know I remember someone somewhere in this massive thread mention something about it being where he had temperature changes, but my print has no temperature changes.
    I get this too...its same 4 tone alarm as when the print starts. I have also noticed when it plays this alarm the % done resets for a second and the heat reading on active nozzle will show N/220 for a second as well.
    No clue what it means though.

Technologist
    I did the same thing, had to print more. I'm using 16 links.

Page 65 of 411 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast