Close

Page 193 of 411 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    I switched my PLA roll to the right and printed a part and it worked after about 4 failures. Anyway, now I put some ABS on the left side and setup the Makerbot Desktop software to print with JUST the left side (including the rafts and supports). The annoying part is that it still heats up both extruders which causes some PLA to come out of the right during printing and the motion of the head going back and forth drags this PLA nobbind messes up the first few layers of the print. It's so annoying that they don't make it easy for you to use the left extruder. It's like they want you to use the right for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnride View Post
    If you're willing to edit the g-code, using the left extruder only is pretty easy in Slic3r. Just got the printer today. 3rd print is already looking pretty good (PLA).

Homing the axes is to reset the zero position of the stepper motors.

Attachment 8894Attachment 8892Attachment 8893
    So how do you use just the left extruder? I found some modified gcode online that was supposed to rectify this, but I'm still having the issue!

Like sygyzy, I'm using ABS on the left and PLA on the right. After the first or second layer, the PLA extruder starts heating up, causing some of the PLA to melt out over the first few layers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I am looking for an effective way to check the dimensions on .STL files that I download from Thingiverse etc. The S3D SW provides an exterior max X, Y & Z dimensional display, but often that does not reveal the dimension info I am after. Any suggestions?
    Double click on the model to bring up the scaling function, it will list the current model size as XYZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    You talking about the 60k PSI stuff or the FDA/dishwasher safe stuff?

I have used the latter, and from my understanding both are based off the same resin.
    I asked Makergeeks what the difference was and was told it's the same product.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by PatPend View Post
    Double click on the model to bring up the scaling function, it will list the current model size as XYZ.
    Thanks Pat. However, what I am seeking is different than solely the exterior dimensions. I need to be able to measure any dimension on a part. It would be great to be able to do that within SD3, but that feature is not in there. Autocad Inventor has all the dimensioning capability, but seems unable to load an STL file and do anything with it. Tinkercad can load the STL so that one can work with it, but its dimensioning tools seem only marginally functional to me. not sure which one I will try next, maybe Fusion 360?

Super Moderator
    Greetings all! New to the 3D printing world and am waiting for my QIDI to arrive this week - maybe today.

Also hoping for the 10mm rods!

Having spent the last week reading every post here, I am on info overload!

Probably like everyone else I have tons of ideas of things to print, after the needed upgrade parts for the printer of course.

I see some using a WIFI connection to the printer, has anyone used any type of wired network connection? I do have a rig that extends a USB setup to 150 feet that I use for my vinyl cutters and it works great. Very interested to see how it works with this printer.

Also looking for suggestions on a small blasting rig. It seems that ground plastic media is very effective for cleaning up printed parts.

Anyway, thanks for all of the great advice and comments so far on here. I am sure I will have many questions.

Astroprint or 0ctoprint should also work fine using wired networking. Since I got a raspberry PI 3, I had to use wired networking for the initial config because Astroprint requires a special model of USB wifi adapter for its initial "access point mode" setup. Once configured, the built-in wifi works fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thanks Pat. However, what I am seeking is different than solely the exterior dimensions. I need to be able to measure any dimension on a part. It would be great to be able to do that within SD3, but that feature is not in there. Autocad Inventor has all the dimensioning capability, but seems unable to load an STL file and do anything with it. Tinkercad can load the STL so that one can work with it, but its dimensioning tools seem only marginally functional to me. not sure which one I will try next, maybe Fusion 360?
    123D Design has a measuring tool that works on imported STL. It's quirky but might work for you.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
    Astroprint or 0ctoprint should also work fine using wired networking. Since I got a raspberry PI 3, I had to use wired networking for the initial config because Astroprint requires a special model of USB wifi adapter for its initial "access point mode" setup. Once configured, the built-in wifi works fine though.
    Cool, I'll look into that. Not sure at the moment how all of that hooks up.

I am more curious to see if my wired USB extender works for this application.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Greetings all! New to the 3D printing world and am waiting for my QIDI to arrive this week - maybe today.

Also hoping for the 10mm rods!

Having spent the last week reading every post here, I am on info overload!

Probably like everyone else I have tons of ideas of things to print, after the needed upgrade parts for the printer of course.

I see some using a WIFI connection to the printer, has anyone used any type of wired network connection? I do have a rig that extends a USB setup to 150 feet that I use for my vinyl cutters and it works great. Very interested to see how it works with this printer.

Also looking for suggestions on a small blasting rig. It seems that ground plastic media is very effective for cleaning up printed parts.

Anyway, thanks for all of the great advice and comments so far on here. I am sure I will have many questions.
    Welcome to the funhouse! I am curious, what do you use to extend USB 150'?

Engineer-in-Training
    Welcome to the Qidi club Wirlybird, PatPend, and Noircogi =)

Started printing my version of the Pip-boy 3K Mk4 yesterday....got a little over excited and started gluing stuff together before I recall I'm supposed to take pics lol.

The forearm clam-shell is done. It is made of 3 pieces per part (6 total for both sides).

The main screen faceplate and screen visor bits are done. This is 5 pieces glued together in the pic.

Everything is gonna be multi-colored....I am running out of ABS material. Even changing material midprint on some of this stuff to use up last little bits of spools I got sitting around.

More pics inbound shortly...

Page 193 of 411 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast