Close

Page 290 of 411 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Are you guys mainly printing from SD cards? Just curious.
    Yes. A Toshiba Air WiFi card in my case.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yupyup.
    I use good ol SanDisk SD cards.

Still trying to sell my Qidi.
    Now asking $550, buyer pays shipping.

Technician
    I've only used the card that came with the printer. I remove the stuff I'm done with, so I've found that the capacity is more than enough so far. I don't want to add any headaches to what's already a finicky process by having my computer send commands to the printer as it's printing.

When I first got mine it wouldn't print from the SD card. Emailed Qidi and they sent a new button/card reader board. Easy install and could then print from SD cards. I do so occasionally, but print about 90% directly from the USB and have had no issues.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marcnaz View Post
    When I first got mine it wouldn't print from the SD card. Emailed Qidi and they sent a new button/card reader board. Easy install and could then print from SD cards. I do so occasionally, but print about 90% directly from the USB and have had no issues.

I have been almost exclusively printing from USB with no known problems! I kind of like being able to monitor the stats and see the build on the screen.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have been almost exclusively printing from USB with no known problems! I kind of like being able to monitor the stats and see the build on the screen.
    I tried the USB connection when I first got my printer. I liked the idea of having all the info onscreen during a print.

But it was very wonky from the drop. Some things would work, other would not...and what would or wouldn't work kept changing lol. Was not a single time I plugged in that everything worked as intended.
    Plus ontop of all that my PC and printer are at opposite ends of my house. At least 100ft between the 2...close to 200ft as a cable would run.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I tried the USB connection when I first got my printer. I liked the idea of having all the info onscreen during a print.

But it was very wonky from the drop. Some things would work, other would not...and what would or wouldn't work kept changing lol. Was not a single time I plugged in that everything worked as intended.
    Plus ontop of all that my PC and printer are at opposite ends of my house. At least 100ft between the 2...close to 200ft as a cable would run.

Yup. anything over 5 meters is the limit for USB 2 cables and a full speed device and a low speed device is 3 meters. Have you been using SD cards to print then? Sounds like there may be more going on than just a printer issue.

Student
    Wanted feedback on others exhaust system if any. My printer is located in our office/second room in our condo, across from a short hallway. Recently I've been closing the door but wanted to know if anyone has heard issues with off gassing from PLA and ABS? And Yes I've considered opening the window but being San Francisco and prints can last +3 hours, I was contemplating a small short run exhaust with a charcoal filter? Thanks.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by pstephana View Post
    Wanted feedback on others exhaust system if any. My printer is located in our office/second room in our condo, across from a short hallway. Recently I've been closing the door but wanted to know if anyone has heard issues with off gassing from PLA and ABS? And Yes I've considered opening the window but being San Francisco and prints can last +3 hours, I was contemplating a small short run exhaust with a charcoal filter? Thanks.
    I don't see much about this issue recently on the forums. I do not have outside ventilation for my printer, and initially noticed a slight smell when using ABS which brought the issue to my attention. I read what I could find about the issue on the web, and found the typical range of articles declaring that due to hot plastic the end of civilization was nigh, and that this little smell was not a problem.

So I put this simple scrubber together: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:997602 It was inexpensive and I held it together with zip ties. The fan I used was: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZWSGK6I And the filters are low cost too: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000XUF7RI

I do not use it with PLA, and occasionally use it with ABS depending upon the size of the print. When I use this scrubber the ABS smell is eliminated, so I am assuming that it makes a difference. I have not looked but I am sure one could find articles declaring the imminent threats posed by airborne activated charcoal particles, but I just don't know what I would use to filter them out...

PS: Everyone's sensitivities are different, but I have noticed that the Makergeeks Maker ABS seems to have very little smell, and their Maker PLA has almost no smell unless you are close enough to burn your nose on the nozzle.

Super Moderator
    My little leveling wing nut replacement thing! I like it!

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 290 of 411 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast