Close

Page 267 of 411 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've been noticing the variety of nozzle sizes available on Amazon under BIQU's store front. They had SS MK10 sizes from .2 thru .5 but only in qty 5 each. I didn't really want 5 of anything without trying it first. So I wrote them an email suggesting they provide an item with 1x .2mm, 1x .3mm, 2x .4mm, and 1x .5mm. for the same qty 5 price of $13. They wrote back in a few hours and said they would add the listing today. An hour later I received a second email from them with the amazon item listing number: www.amazon.com/dp/B01IUP983Q I've ordered one of the sets. Shipping is "almost immediate" but transit time via China Post is estimated at 3-4 weeks.
    Well BIQU's store front is still in limbo on Amazon, but their assorted size SS nozzle set that I ordered the day before their hiatus began did arrive via foreign post / USPS today from Singapore. All I have is a few small bits to check sizes with, but I can confirm that things which measure smaller than the marked nozzle sizes do fit into their respective nozzle, and things that measure larger won't. The (PTFE tube chamfer) depth inside the nozzle tip is a bit deeper than the stock QiDi nozzle, but it all fits correctly on the printer.
    Last edited by DaveB; 08-04-2016 at 04:39 PM.

Super Moderator
    If all goes well this could be the Flexion upgrade weekend!

I've been using Simplify3d for my slicing and printing since about 2 weeks after I received my printer and have been really pleased with it's performance. I was never happy with the original slicing software that came with the printer. FYI the latest Simplify3d software revision/update was posted in Jun. The printer/machine choices include the Qidi Tech 1. The only changes I make to the default profile is slightly cooler extruder and bed temps and extrusion rates based on which brand & type of filament I'm using.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by marcnaz View Post
    I've been using Simplify3d for my slicing and printing since about 2 weeks after I received my printer and have been really pleased with it's performance. I was never happy with the original slicing software that came with the printer. FYI the latest Simplify3d software revision/update was posted in Jun. The printer/machine choices include the Qidi Tech 1. The only changes I make to the default profile is slightly cooler extruder and bed temps and extrusion rates based on which brand & type of filament I'm using.

There was an update to the QIDI profile about a week ago. It should prompt you to download if you want it. The only real change was to the script so the extruder doesn't bang into the left side of the cabinet.

If your script line looks like this you are probably good to go. G1 X-110 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table. The older one said -120 I think.

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I have not noticed that but will check next time I change.

I am only using "load" to change filaments and has worked well. Advice I read somewhere on line said to clip the filament and then start the load process and follow the old filament in with the new and run it for a bit until it runs clear. So far it has worked fine.

That's exactly what I recommend and what I've been doing with my Qidi since I got it. Hundreds of filament changes so far and never had an issue, so I'll stick to it. Don't see the point of the unload bit to be honest, this ways just fine.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Stwert View Post
    That's exactly what I recommend and what I've been doing with my Qidi since I got it. Hundreds of filament changes so far and never had an issue, so I'll stick to it. Don't see the point of the unload bit to be honest, this ways just fine.

It has worked great that way. Really easy.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    What it comes down to is the unload speed is way too slow. What happens is melted filament is slowly drawn up the cold area of the hot end and hardens and clogs. Now sometimes it is low enough where it will still remelt, but usually it wont.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    If all goes well this could be the Flexion upgrade weekend!
    Was it a Flexion upgrade weekend?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Was it a Flexion upgrade weekend?

Not yet, been working on the dry box all weekend. Some of this stuff takes forever to print.

Super Moderator
    How are you guys preventing color bleed when changing filaments? I changed from red to yellow but after several prints the yellow is still tinged with the red.

Page 267 of 411 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast