Close

Page 140 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 4110
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Very nice! I replied to your question in the Qidi group on the forum. Using the pause function, one time I re-bonded a piece of support to the build plate using acetone weld. That was intense!
    Thanks. I assume that by "menu", you mean the printer menu (versus something like simplify3d), correct?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    no feedback to my last pic? i will put here again and hope someone can tell me what could be the problem... also is it really necessary to open up the door and remove the hood when printing pla?
    Unfortunately I can't speak to your print without seeing the settings you are using for it. It looks like way too much filament is being laid down. Do you have a way to share screenshots of the settings you are utlizing?

Quote Originally Posted by talasyn View Post
    I have a "turbo fan" question. So, the printer instructions say that when printing with PLA to use the turbo fan. To do so I should select "Set Cooling Fan OFF" in the printer menu. That seems backwards. Is the fan talked about in the menu a different fan than the "turbo fan" and by setting it to OFF turns OFF the regular fan and turns ON the turbo fan? Something is getting lost in translation for me here. Ideas?

Todd
    Todd,
    I believe that is a Fan Override as I control the fan speed in Simplify3d on the cooling tab. If needed, I usually have it start the fan at layer 4 or 5 meaning the first fan entry is Layer 0 Fan Speed 0%. Second entry Layer 5 Fan Speed 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    5 minutes of warm up time is nothing really when you compare it with the typical print being 2-5 hours or more. As a percentage of time it just isn't that big of deal.
    Agreed, for this machine and the way I believe most of us are using it, it really isn't a problem in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
    Thanks. I assume that by "menu", you mean the printer menu (versus something like simplify3d), correct?
    Jim,
    Yes, that is correct.
    Last edited by cncartist; 05-06-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    5 minutes of warm up time is nothing really when you compare it with the typical print being 2-5 hours or more. As a percentage of time it just isn't that big of deal.
    It's not a big deal at all. Just would be nice to have a little more control of such settings. While I agree it's no big deal I also wouldn't mind better turnover times. Faster turnover means more prints per day and better overall productivity.
    Of course I could just be feeling salty because I broke one of my build plates....now I have to wait for the plate to cool before respraying it =( Put my turnover time up to like 35-40min.
    Gonna go on a mission today try and find some good glass locally.

hi guys

just wanna share with you guys

i recently modeled a spool holder for Qidi Tech ,
    i plan to install this at the side of the qidi , where the 2 screw for the printer holder at

if this design success i will share with you guys
    i design this bcause too lazy reaching at the back of the printer and i always change filament colour

SPOOLHOLDER.jpg

i also modeled a simple 30x30x30 mm cube with some poles and holes for printing checking my printer calibration
    the modeled i have uploaded at thingiverse

IMG_2980.jpg

enjoy !
    Last edited by HalimDesign; 05-06-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    no feedback to my last pic? i will put here again and hope someone can tell me what could be the problem... also is it really necessary to open up the door and remove the hood when printing pla?

Attachment 9416
    i would say that is over extrusion in my opinion, and try print at 50mm/s with setting on extrusion multiplier 0.9 and extrusion width 0.48

+ bed adhesion , using glue stick

it is not really necessary for open the door but for optimum printing why not ?

enjoy !

hi guys ,

i want to update of my result, printing time 1.40 hours
    and the result

IMG_2983.jpg

i print at 70mm/s , 30 percent infill

IMG_2982.jpg

if you guys like this design then i will upload it at thingiverse.

enjoy makers !

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HalimDesign View Post
    hi guys ,

i want to update of my result, printing time 1.40 hours
    and the result

IMG_2983.jpg

i print at 70mm/s , 30 percent infill

IMG_2982.jpg

if you guys like this design then i will upload it at thingiverse.

enjoy makers !
    Very nice design.
    You should post it for sure. Not only for Qidi users, but it looks as if it could be modified very easy to work with other machines.
    Personally I prefer to keep the spool above the machine. Gravity feed FTW!

I still haven't cleaned my nozzle or PTFE tube since I installed the ninjaflex ready feed carriage parts from thingiverse...still printing 18+ hrs a day like a champ, not a single clog or issue of anykind.

thank you !

im really happy with the printed and design

i had uploaded the design and can be reach out at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1546940

enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    It's not a big deal at all. Just would be nice to have a little more control of such settings. While I agree it's no big deal I also wouldn't mind better turnover times. Faster turnover means more prints per day and better overall productivity.
    Of course I could just be feeling salty because I broke one of my build plates....now I have to wait for the plate to cool before respraying it =( Put my turnover time up to like 35-40min.
    Gonna go on a mission today try and find some good glass locally.
    I feel exactly the same and I checked the ohms for the heated bed and I can tell you, just like with the nozzle, these heatup times is due to the firmware we are detached from. ~2.6ohms @ 24v for the heated bed is way more wattage, and smaller size too, than my I3's MK2B heated bed that is ~3.6ohms @ 24v. That means this little red heater pcb has the potential to heat up extremely fast and get to 140c with no issues if it were on a Marlin system that we could control the parameters.

2.6 ohms @ 24v means this puppy is a 220 watt heater so there is no way these heat up times for the nozzle and the heated bed is for any other reason but some rather, excessively, conservative settings in Sailfish. For the bed the wires are pretty small so they may be limiting due to that but there are two wires being used that had 0 ohms of resistance between them (sharing the current among them is a common tactic even in the RepRap world) so I don't think it is because they are afraid of the wires over heating.

Student
    Ok, its newbie time. I was putting mine together and note the PTFE tubes in the tool kit. From previous posts, I recall that they are to be inserted into the extruders. However, they don't readily slip into the extruder filament holes on top. What am I not realizing/seeing?

Page 140 of 411 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast