Close

Page 383 of 411 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Sounds like a clog.

Quote Originally Posted by ycoidi View Post
    Hey everyone!

Before I start taking apart the extruder, I thought I'd ask a question I am sure is on the previous 381 pages! :-)

I have been doing fine with prints up until now. All of a sudden, I hear clicking which I assume is coming from the hobble gear skipping on the filament. The printer, while this was going on, was under-extruding. (I have seen this in the past with my other 3d printers during over-extrusion when it just can't push the filament out quickly enough.) I was able to extract the filament and run the extruder without filament. No clicking. When I put the filament back in and just try to extrude some into the air, I see it is under-extruding and clicking again.

Thoughts prior to a disassemble?

Thanks!

Update: I pulled the motor, heat sink, and fan off. They look fine. My guess is there is a clog further downstream.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Sounds like a clog.
    Does the nozzle need to be heated before it is removed? (I ask as I have broken off a nozzle on my other printer while attempting to remove it cold)

Super Moderator
    Probably wouldn't hurt if it is stubborn.

Engineer
    Probably wouldn't hurt if it is stubborn.
    For additional info look on youtube for qidi tech videos. here is one on removing the nozzle using the large bolt provided in the accesories parts box that you probably always wondered what to do with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eR23r0zgkU

Technician
    OK, so, can anyone explain to me the effect I'm seeing and how to deal with it?

I've printed a bunch this way, and thought that maybe that was just life, but looking at prints from other people, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Specifically, what I'm referring to is the...ridges(?) I see in the preview that I don't see in the actual file. I'm guessing there's an S3D setting that can help with this, but I don't know what that is.

cap1.JPGcap2.JPG

Super Moderator
    I can't tell what you mean. The images are not oriented the same so it is real hard to tell what is missing. Have you tried running it through a fixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    OK, so, can anyone explain to me the effect I'm seeing and how to deal with it?

I've printed a bunch this way, and thought that maybe that was just life, but looking at prints from other people, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Specifically, what I'm referring to is the...ridges(?) I see in the preview that I don't see in the actual file. I'm guessing there's an S3D setting that can help with this, but I don't know what that is.

cap1.JPGcap2.JPG

Super Moderator
    Made a wall bracket for my phone and wireless charger. Phone slides in front of the charger.
    Designed in Fusion 360 and printed in PLA with the Micro-Swiss all metal hot-ends. Still needs some clean up.
    Wish I could stop the nozzle drags!

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Technician
    Try this. Look at the circular flat end on both of them. On the yellow, it's a perfectly flat/smooth circle. However, on the blue (sliced) one, it's got lines running through the flat surface. Which is, actually, what I'm seeing in the actual prints, too.

I understand this is a function of the slicer, but I don't see why it can't get a smooth surface.

Here's some pics from the same angle.

cap1.JPGcap2.JPG

Makes me want to take the plunge on the Microswiss kits.
    I've been debating it while I wait for my semiflex to get here.

Made a wall bracket for my phone and wireless charger. Phone slides in front of the charger.
    Designed in Fusion 360 and printed in PLA with the Micro-Swiss all metal hot-ends. Still needs some clean up.
    Wish I could stop the nozzle drags!

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    The stock hot ends PTFE lined are better than the Microswiss conversions. The best nozzle to use for the flex filaments is the P3-d coated brass MK10, it works better than the coated Microswiss for some reason, both being PTFE style.... I suppose it could be the internal shape. Of course you want to print out the feeder mechanisms on my Thingiverse, they help a lot, and use the old style drive gear, the one with teeth going all the way across the length of the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Makes me want to take the plunge on the Microswiss kits.
    I've been debating it while I wait for my semiflex to get here.

Page 383 of 411 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast