Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    i got some goodies in the mail today

Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Looks very very interesting indeed.
    I would love one of those. I keep seeing things to upgrade on the printer and some that make me want to get second printer. LOL
    I like the idea of 4 at once. That would actually solve my issue of making a 3 color print with support. Could throw the support material on one and the other three are open for colors.
    The dual extrusion the QIDI is nice when using support material. Saves on cost with more expensive materials.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Anyone read up on this yet? Looks interesting.

http://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printe...l-upgrade.html
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Engineer
    Anyone read up on this yet? Looks interesting.

http://shop.prusa3d.com/en/3d-printe...l-upgrade.html

Very interesting. I am not clear on how the color change works. The "multiplexer" obviously handles the electrical split across the 4 extruder stepper motors. The video seems to suggest a massive filament retraction between colors, but I have to wonder what the previously "melted" end of the filament is like and how jams of that retracted and misshapen end would be prevented? Particularly when the distorted filament end must again be (re-) used.

Also, does the height of the "waste tower" pace the height of the printed object? Is that parity maintained for filaments that are unused up to that point in the print?

Super Moderator
    Finally getting a chance to try Makergeeks clear PLA. So far it is print very nicely.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Very interesting. I am not clear on how the color change works. The "multiplexer" obviously handles the electrical split across the 4 extruder stepper motors. The video seems to suggest a massive filament retraction between colors, but I have to wonder what the previously "melted" end of the filament is like and how jams of that retracted and misshapen end would be prevented? Particularly when the distorted filament end must again be (re-) used.

Also, does the height of the "waste tower" pace the height of the printed object? Is that parity maintained for filaments that are unused up to that point in the print?

Good questions.

Technician
    So, I will do another one with improved infill (it's disturbingly light), but I have to admit that the holes I'm getting up top are new. I've got seen that on any prints before.

I would expect my "Top solid layers" setting in S3D to cover that, right? It's set to 4, which one would expect to be enough layers. Wouldn't it?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren O'neill View Post
    All installed and up and running it only took me 7 ours but that was with doing other stuff as well.
    Just a little bit of fine tuning to be done but that will have to wait until tomorrow.

I wanted to take photo's so i could show how the install went but i got exited and didn't take any.
    Will post pictures of the finished install tomorrow.
    Nice, it's worked out well for me so far and I like not having to level the build plate so extensively after a long print.

Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So, I will do another one with improved infill (it's disturbingly light), but I have to admit that the holes I'm getting up top are new. I've got seen that on any prints before.

I would expect my "Top solid layers" setting in S3D to cover that, right? It's set to 4, which one would expect to be enough layers. Wouldn't it?
    I use 7 top/bottom by default for all my prints and will go to 10 or 11 top/bottom to achieve water tight seals. 4 seems a little low and I would recommend bumping it up if it isn't a part which depends on tight tolerances.

Technician
    I'm not sure I've ever messed with it, so I'm assuming that it's the S3D defaults.

I've finally got an ABS print that seems to be laying down correctly. Same thing, but in white. Will be interesting to see how it comes out. Of course I already had it at 4 layers...

Engineer
    Finally getting a chance to try Makergeeks clear PLA. So far it is print very nicely.
    I've used the MG PLA "Ah Natural (clear)" stuff. It has worked out fine for me.

Technician
    Unfortunately, the spool from our friends at QIDI was miswound, so it eventually hit a point where it wouldn't feed because it was bound up in the spool.

Grr...

Page 349 of 411 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399 ... LastLast