Close

Page 243 of 411 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 4110
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    What capabilities are you needing out of Fusion 360?
    It was more of a comment on my lack of understanding. How to make a complex shape and extrude it to 3d.

Super Moderator
    Looking for suggestions on my next challenge for 3D printing!

I am remaking a gear that goes in the transmission of one of those moving lawn sprinklers that looks like a tractor (Orbit brand).

What material would you guys recommend for durability and potential to get wet. I am thinking to go with ABS since I have it and see how it goes but wondered what other advice you may have.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Looking for suggestions on my next challenge for 3D printing!

I am remaking a gear that goes in the transmission of one of those moving lawn sprinklers that looks like a tractor (Orbit brand).

What material would you guys recommend for durability and potential to get wet. I am thinking to go with ABS since I have it and see how it goes but wondered what other advice you may have.

Thanks.
    ABS or Nylon but Nylon wants temps beyond what the Qidi can do so go ABS.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    ABS or Nylon but Nylon wants temps beyond what the Qidi can do so go ABS.

Sounds good. What is the max temp the QIDI can reliably maintain? Anyone found out yet?!!

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Sounds good. What is the max temp the QIDI can reliably maintain? Anyone found out yet?!!
    No more than 250c and because of how wildly it swings (this is a Sailfish issue) I would say 245-247c. The issue is the PTFE tube runs all the way down to the orifice of the hotend.

Engineer-in-Training
    No more than 250c and because of how wildly it swings (this is a Sailfish issue) I would say 245-247c. The issue is the PTFE tube runs all the way down to the orifice of the hotend.
    Well that's just not accurate....

Have done 2 prints (both 3.5hrs each) totaling 7hrs or so at 256c. Have done a 2hr print at 262c.
    The ONLY thing that happened during all those prints is extra wear-n-tear on the PTFE tube.

Also, PetG would be another good option for this application.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Well that's just not accurate....

Have done 2 prints (both 3.5hrs each) totaling 7hrs or so at 256c. Have done a 2hr print at 262c.
    The ONLY thing that happened during all those prints is extra wear-n-tear on the PTFE tube.

Also, PetG would be another good option for this application.
    Great you are surely off gassing then and PTFE scorches and burns at 250-255c IF the nozzle is really at those temps.

As far as PETG it depends as some want 260c but seriously I would not want to be you, or in your house, if you are subjecting PTFE to 262c, if that is the real temp at the nozzle.

Yes, you can do as you wish I am just saying I wouldn't do it as Teflon gas is not something I want to breathe and I am amazed your Teflon tube did not blacken at 262c. It makes me wonder if that nozzle is really that high since it didn't.

Engineer-in-Training
    Great you are surely off gassing then and PTFE scorches and burns at 250-255c IF the nozzle is really at those temps.

As far as PETG it depends as some want 260c but seriously I would not want to be you, or in your house, if you are subjecting PTFE to 262c, if that is the real temp at the nozzle.

Yes, you can do as you wish I am just saying I wouldn't do it as Teflon gas is not something I want to breathe and I am amazed your Teflon tube did not blacken at 262c. It makes me wonder if that nozzle is really that high since it didn't.
    lol
    I have an exhaust system man...

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    lol
    I have an exhaust system man...
    Oh, so you are trying to kill your neighbors then? WOW, lol.

No, seriously, that is far too high for PTFE tubing and lets not forget this tubing is from China so it has all sorts of scraps, and feces, etc... in it so Lord knows what it is doing at such high temps.

Super Moderator
    I may have asked this before but forget.

In simplify3D what setting do you use for extrusion width? Auto or Manual and if manual what width for standard 1.75 PLA or ABS?

Page 243 of 411 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast