Close

Page 264 of 411 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4110
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    No problem there. The part with the bearings is similar to one on thingiverse but I wanted some changes. I'll try this evening but otherwise it will be next week.
    Sorry to bug you, but just a friendly reminder. That is of course, unless I missed your message indicating you had already done this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yeah, campy. See box label on left. Maybe it has something to do with hinges...

Haha very nice. And I think I see some overlapping interests.. not so surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I always get the biggest thrill after I have designed something and see people are making it then using it. Makes it worth the time I invested in designing something.
    Definitely concur on that one. If only had more time to begin with.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    I have been playing with some exotic filaments lately. Here are three 3DBenchy boats printed with metal filaments.
    PLA-Copper, PLA-Brass, ABS-Tungsten

I need to play with my settings a bit on the Copper and Brass but the Tungsten turned out really nice. I upgraded my extrudes with the Micro Swiss all metal hot ends. I have my left extruder setup with a 0.6mm nozzle and the right is 0.4mm. The copper was printed with the 0.4mm, the brass and tungsten with 0.6mm. The brass is weird stuff, it seems more liquid than the others and just poops out of the nozzle. I've tried messing around with different temperatures but I've found it is just difficult to print with.

I am now trying to polish these with a rock polisher/tumbler.

Engineer
    S3D just provided an update to the QiDi profile. Dunno what's changed if anything.

Technician
    S3D just provided an update to the QiDi profile. Dunno what's changed if anything.
    I just put in a feature request with S3D to include "slow down for small loops". I have been in communication with the authors of Sailfish, and they believe that S3D slices into too many gcode segments for the Sailfish firmware to process properly, and that S3D really needs a slow down for small loops" feature like slic3r has... this should mitigate my issue of shuddering/vibrations on small details.

How do you know that they "just" updated the profile?

Engineer-in-Training
    If anyone is interested I am selling my 3D scanner. It is an XYZprint handheld scanner
    http://us.xyzprinting.com/us_en/Prod...FQ6PaQodRLEG2w

Its in new condition, is actually only about 6months old. I have original documentation and software.
    Selling it for $100, that includes USPS priority mail to US. Cant afford to ship outside US, sorry.

PM me if your interested, can take payment via PayPal.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    I just put in a feature request with S3D to include "slow down for small loops". I have been in communication with the authors of Sailfish, and they believe that S3D slices into too many gcode segments for the Sailfish firmware to process properly, and that S3D really needs a slow down for small loops" feature like slic3r has... this should mitigate my issue of shuddering/vibrations on small details.

How do you know that they "just" updated the profile?
    I use S3D daily. Today when I started S3D it presented a pop-up which announced an update to the QiDi Tech I profile, which I accepted and downloaded. I do not see what changed, but also am not sure exactly what one might need to do to engage the new profile other than loading the QiDi Defaults.

Technician
    I use S3D daily. Today when I started S3D it presented a pop-up which announced an update to the QiDi Tech I profile, which I accepted and downloaded. I do not see what changed, but also am not sure exactly what one might need to do to engage the new profile other than loading the QiDi Defaults.
    Oh ok, thanks. I would probably just reload the "updated" profile, and tweak settings after a trial print. Not sure if the profiles they update contain more settings than what are accessible to us.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    One thing that you will find is some models are exported at too high of resolution. I used to export everything out of Fusion at the High STL setting. Generally on small curved features at reasonable speed like 60-80mm's a lot of stuttering would happen. Exporting these same designs at the medium setting and no other slicer changes minimized this effect. Essentially it decreases the amount of segmented lines to draw. Sailfish doesn't do true vector arcs, everything is in small straight line segments. You have to find a balance though in quality because if you go too low you will start seeing the individual line segments. Sometimes it matters and sometimes not. Usually they can be smoothed out with a little post process sanding without much issue.

Page 264 of 411 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast