Close

Page 235 of 411 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 4110
    OK, just got mine today it's all put together and I'm trying to print, but it never heats up to proper temperature, it goes down....new to this....sorry if this has been covered before...thanks for any help......

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by markl54 View Post
    OK, just got mine today it's all put together and I'm trying to print, but it never heats up to proper temperature, it goes down....new to this....sorry if this has been covered before...thanks for any help......
    Mark, I understand you're new to this, but you're gonna have to come up with a bit more descriptive info than "it goes down" for anyone to make a coherent suggestion about whatever your issue might be. For instance, present a time sequence of the actions you take and the printer's response. Include the points where whatever occurred did not meet your expectations.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Lol, ya the title of this Qidi thread needs to be changed. It can be misleading.
    That is just a hoot.

ok.....I start the print from SD card and the extruder starts to heat up for printing, but never heats to proper temperature, the temperature goes down instead of going to the proper extruding temperature at least according to the readings on the printer. so obviously it never begins printing since the proper temperature is never reached.

Engineer
    ok.....I start the print from SD card and the extruder starts to heat up for printing, but never heats to proper temperature, the temperature goes down instead of going to the proper extruding temperature at least according to the readings on the printer. so obviously it never begins printing since the proper temperature is never reached.
    Does the same behavior occur with either extruder?

I got the heating problem figured out, but now after printing for awhile the right extruder is clogged, nothing coming out, what's the best way to unclog it...thanks........

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    What are you guys using for extrusion width and multiplier for ABS and PLA? I think I am having sizing issues. I have the nozzle diameter set at .4.

How have you calibrated the print size?
    UPDATE: I printed a 1" x 1" open cube (ABS). 2 bottom layers, 1 shell and no top layer and no infill. The cube measured about 25.3mm on two sides so I think those dimensions are good. The thickness of the wall however was about .52mm. My guess is this indicates I need to turn down the multiplier a bit. Right now I am at defaults for ABS of nozzle .4, multiplier 100% and extrude .4.

What do you guys think?

Super Moderator
    I got the heating problem figured out, but now after printing for awhile the right extruder is clogged, nothing coming out, what's the best way to unclog it...thanks........
    Just in case I would check that the filament isn't hung up or the spool dragging. Mine did that the other day. The spool started rubbing on the outer screw in holder and tightened it up putting the brakes on the whole thing.

I ran the load filament from the control panel on the printer and was able to get going again.

Super Moderator
    What did you find out?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    UPDATE: I printed a 1" x 1" open cube (ABS). 2 bottom layers, 1 shell and no top layer and no infill. The cube measured about 25.3mm on two sides so I think those dimensions are good. The thickness of the wall however was about .52mm. My guess is this indicates I need to turn down the multiplier a bit. Right now I am at defaults for ABS of nozzle .4, multiplier 100% and extrude .4.

What do you guys think?

It's really impractical to expect to extrude a .4 line with a .4 nozzle. There is a bit of smash which will always widen the line around 120 to 130%. Even the nozzle in free air purge is probably extruding about .5 or .6mm depending on the filament. Plastic tends to swell up after being squeezed down under heat and pressure.

Page 235 of 411 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast