Close

Page 265 of 411 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 4110
    Technician
    So you are saying Simplify3D has a setting i can use to change the quality of my sliced model?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Actually it kind of does, but don't go overboard with it. It is called Mesh reduction. It is better though to get the mesh right in the native application and export function.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    S3D just provided an update to the QiDi profile. Dunno what's changed if anything.

I can see one thing right away in the script which we were changing manually to avoid crashing into the left side.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    I can see one thing right away in the script which we were changing manually to avoid crashing into the left side.
    I sent an email to S3D support earlier today asking what had changed in the QiDi profile. Here is what I got back....

Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support! I'd be glad to answer your question. In the start script, we changed:
    G1 X-120 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    to:
    G1 X-110 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    Because on some machines the head hit the side of the machine when the optional cooling fan was installed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
    ~Simplify3D Support

So campers, not much changed in the S3D profile for QiDi. The VRef values are still maxed out at 127.

Engineer
    I saw a Makerbot Replicator a few months ago and it did something that intrigued me. When it was printing the line to prime the nozzle before launching into the print proper, it wiggled... To be more specific, when it started printing the prime line it was a straight line on the X-axis, but as it moved across the plate it added a successively increasing orthogonal Y-axis modulation to that. By the end of the prime line the Y-axis modulation was about 2mm peak to peak in amplitude. The frequency of the modulation was fixed throughout the line at about 4mm per cycle. Has anyone ever seen something like this this, or a GCode script for generating this motion?

I sent an email to S3D support earlier today asking what had changed in the QiDi profile. Here is what I got back....

Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support! I'd be glad to answer your question. In the start script, we changed:
    G1 X-120 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    to:
    G1 X-110 Y-70 Z30 F9000 ; Move to wait position off table
    Because on some machines the head hit the side of the machine when the optional cooling fan was installed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.
    ~Simplify3D Support

So campers, not much changed in the S3D profile for QiDi. The VRef values are still maxed out at 127.
    SMH on those maxed out VRefs.
    I saw a Makerbot Replicator a few months ago and it did something that intrigued me. When it was printing the line to prime the nozzle before launching into the print proper, it wiggled... To be more specific, when it started printing the prime line it was a straight line on the X-axis, but as it moved across the plate it added a successively increasing orthogonal Y-axis modulation to that. By the end of the prime line the Y-axis modulation was about 2mm peak to peak in amplitude. The frequency of the modulation was fixed throughout the line at about 4mm per cycle. Has anyone ever seen something like this this, or a GCode script for generating this motion?
    I saw this a few months ago on an old Youtube video and the guy did it via gcode at the start to mimic the Makerbot.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    SMH on those maxed out VRefs.
    I saw this a few months ago on an old Youtube video and the guy did it via gcode at the start to mimic the Makerbot.
    If you run across it anywhere I'd love a copy. I've looked off and on for a few days and not found anything.

If you run across it anywhere I'd love a copy. I've looked off and on for a few days and not found anything.
    Aye. All I saw was the video with the guy using the script but no script and has been so long it is so buried in my history it may not even be in there anymore. :/

Super Moderator

What if you recreated that line in Fusion or something like that and get it to print the way you want then look at the code it produces and see if you can place it where the initial prime/test code is?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    What if you recreated that line in Fusion or something like that and get it to print the way you want then look at the code it produces and see if you can place it where the initial prime/test code is?
    Might be best to do in SCAD to generate the line.

Page 265 of 411 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast