Close

Page 75 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
    Student
    This is the PEI I ordered - 12x12x.06":

http://www.amazon.com/Polyetherimide...ilpage_o03_s00

and to hold it to the build plate:

http://www.amazon.com/TapeCase-squar...ilpage_o03_s00

Score the PEI with a razor knife, then break worked well for me. This is enough PEI to do the bed two times. The 3M tape is kind of a pain to work with, but there are videos on YouTube with details how to handle.

I heard from somewhere the PEI from McMaster-Carr might be higher quality. Making it removable would be ideal. Please share if you find a good solution.

Student
    Plate Build
    My additional Usage Opinion

Original Plate with Blue Pad
    - Used Stick Glue to get prints to stick to Build Plate
    - Builds were difficult to remove. I had to use the spatula to scrape the build surface to get it off with some force.
    - Build Plate is not removeable

1/4 Glass Build Plate
    - Builds stick easy with hairspray
    - Aquanet (purple can) doesn't smell bad (at least I cannot tell if it does and I print in my Dinning Room)
    - Couple minutes in the fridge and builds slide off
    - I have 2 sheets of glass and I can have one in fridge to remove and one in printer
    - Only issue was the loss of the 1/4 z-axis build space. I have had a few tall prints

MagHold
    Want to try but haven't wanted to pay for yet.

PEI
    I watched several reviews on PEI and heard that prints sticking to plate isn't a problem and no prep is needed. Issue with removing the prints is what I have seen. Read many are having to set their prints to start just a little off the bed to reduce oversticking. I was thinking that maybe mixing MagHold with PEI might be something kewl to try though.

In the End, Glass has been inexpensive and has worked great. I am a bit worried about eventually dropping the glass. Like the idea of the maghold, I don't have to worry about the glass breaking.

Technician
    Yeah you definitely got lucky with that "defect". There's no extra screw there. Sorry for the bad rotation.

20160325_223250.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    No I had a screw already there. In other places that hold the cable ties there are press fit studs, but I had a flat head screw. I just replaced the screw with a longer one. The countersink for the screw is not powder coated so maybe the press fit stud failed and they put a screw in on mine? Could be a manufacturing defect that was an advantage for me.

Technician
    Kludge - thanks again for making me that 1/8" shim. Next question, do you know of any corner holders that are designed for 1/8" glass? They all seem to be for 1/4"

• You need holders on the corners of the aluminum build platform to keep the glass from moving. I never found any that I was really happy with and I had to keep adjusting them to keep the glass held firm.
    • You loose a little bit of build height from the thickness of the glass. If you go with 1/8" glass you don't loose as much but it seems a little harder to get the corner holders and shim for. (Actually I designed a shim for 1/8" glass so maybe that isn't a problem anymore.)

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    Kludge - thanks again for making me that 1/8" shim. Next question, do you know of any corner holders that are designed for 1/8" glass? They all seem to be for 1/4"
    I don't know of any. I could design some but I'm about to start on my 12mm rod upgrade. Once I'm done with that I can draw some up. It may be a week or two, I don't have much time these days with 4 kids.
    Last edited by KludgeGuru; 03-28-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It should fit, but it really isn't a good idea to cover the stepper motors. There is little airflow as it is and covering them makes it just that much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
    Anyone know if this fits the Qidi printer? Any change needed for the part fan?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1396391

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    It should fit, but it really isn't a good idea to cover the stepper motors. There is little airflow as it is and covering them makes it just that much worse.
    Don't really seem like this would cover anything up more than the stock top-plate covers.

hi guys im new here, i hope that somebody or admin will put stick in this page, because redundant question,
    and easy for beginner like me to find information

thanks

Technician
    No worries, appreciate anything you can come up with!

I don't know of any. I could design some but I'm about to start on my 12mm rod upgrade. Once I'm done with that I can draw some up. It may be a week or two, I don't have much time these days with 4 kids.

Hi Guys,

I just received my Qidi printer yesterday. Have installed all the parts but have not printed anything yet. I am really impressed with the packing of the printer and also they include everything you would need inside the box.

I am going to try to print something from the sample files in the SD card. I have one question, in the guide in the SD card, it says to remove all the covers, front, top and side windows if printing with PLA. Is this necessary or I can get away with just removing the top and front covers?

I did receive the Orange PLA that a lot of ppl have good prints with, hope I get a good print tonight. Oh I do not have any special build plate for now, so I will be using the stock blue plate. So how do I prepare it? Just stick some glue that came with the printer on the base?

Thanks.

Page 75 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast