Close

Page 128 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    For sale. It is out of a Qidi printer that I am converting to the WMD part and Microswiss extruders.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    For sale. It is out of a Qidi printer that I am converting to the WMD part and Microswiss extruders.
    I am seriously looking at the e3d Titan because you can use a pancake nema 17 with it and it works with all exotics especially if you purchase the deal where it includes the e3dv6 Nothing but nice reviews on the setup.

Technician
    I feel like the interface on my printer is getting slower and slower. Is everybody's interface this slow? It seems like it doesn't even respond when I press the buttons sometimes, but I think it might just be so slow, that you have to hold the button in for a few seconds to get it to read the button-press.

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    I feel like the interface on my printer is getting slower and slower. Is everybody's interface this slow? It seems like it doesn't even respond when I press the buttons sometimes, but I think it might just be so slow, that you have to hold the button in for a few seconds to get it to read the button-press.
    Hi, you should contact QIDI support. They will help you trouble-shoot and get it resolved. My interface is very responsive though. Remember to take a video of the slow response interface and send it to them so that they can see what you are talking about and probably will help speed things up in terms of getting a replacement part if need be.

Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and just received my Qudi printer last night. Man, I can't believe what you get for the money!

At first I was going to buy a Ultibot Kossel 250 V-Slot BSE, but I then found this printer. I think what I am going to do is use this printer to make a Kossel, that way I have the best of both worlds.

Anyway, one question. Last night I printed the 3dBenchy boat out of ABS and had some problems. It printed fine, but where the parts are supposed to be smooth, there is a "wiggle". What I mean is, for example, around the gunnel ports in the front, the part is smooth, but you can see almost a shadow, or ring on each side of the gunnel port. The same thing on the wheelhouse, the on each side of the hatch, there are wiggles in the walls.

Is there a fix for this? I am going to print the X axis re enforcements, will that help?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    Hello everyone. I am new to these forums and just received my Qudi printer last night. Man, I can't believe what you get for the money!

At first I was going to buy a Ultibot Kossel 250 V-Slot BSE, but I then found this printer. I think what I am going to do is use this printer to make a Kossel, that way I have the best of both worlds.

Anyway, one question. Last night I printed the 3dBenchy boat out of ABS and had some problems. It printed fine, but where the parts are supposed to be smooth, there is a "wiggle". What I mean is, for example, around the gunnel ports in the front, the part is smooth, but you can see almost a shadow, or ring on each side of the gunnel port. The same thing on the wheelhouse, the on each side of the hatch, there are wiggles in the walls.

Is there a fix for this? I am going to print the X axis re enforcements, will that help?

First Welcome to the group.

A picture of your print and your settings would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

Do you mean the Z-axis reinforcements?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    My printer interface is still functioning properly and hasn't experienced a slowdown.

Very cool and welcome to the group as well!

It sounds like what your print is experiencing is ringing / vibration causing "ghosting" of the design along the layer. This can continue throughout the whole part and some good information can be found here - https://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/stopping-ghosting-echoes

I found this can be remedied with speed/acceleration settings but a lot of times it is a trade off of form vs. function.

I've been reading and it looks like I need to change my acceleration. The build bed really shakes when it is doing some circles and some other parts, almost makes a grinding noise. From what I've read the acceleration adjustment should fix that.

So, how exactly do you go about changing the acceleration? It isn't in the onboard controller. Do you have to get into it through the computer somehow?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    I've been reading and it looks like I need to change my acceleration. The build bed really shakes when it is doing some circles and some other parts, almost makes a grinding noise. From what I've read the acceleration adjustment should fix that.

So, how exactly do you go about changing the acceleration? It isn't in the onboard controller. Do you have to get into it through the computer somehow?
    It's done with G-Code from the method I know of:

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=678
    http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code#M204:_...t_acceleration

Without some pictures it is hard but it sounds like Ringing (ghosting) and it simply means you are printing too fast. Because there are two heavy motors on X it means we have to print slower than a single extruder. How ringing happens is when a sudden change is needed and the nozzle actually vibrates (oscillates) for a bit and we see that as ringing. You can play with acceleration or even turn it all the way off (on a Ramps based system playing with X/Y Jerk is another parameter to play with) but at the end of the day slowing down the printing is what works best.

Page 128 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast