Close

Page 365 of 411 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    OK, for those who may or may not recall, I had some major jamming issues with my right head. I had to take it apart, etc etc.

I'm trying my first prints with it, since I'd just been using my left. And I'm getting...this.

I'm using my usual heat and such settings. I've leveled many times.

Any suggestions?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a022wgs83...39.44.jpg?dl=0

The object you are printing nearly fills the bed. This means the bed must be leveled over that same area. That can be difficult. The print head will naturally bow down closer to the bed in the middle of its travel, and raise up nearer the edges. I suggest you try again to level the bed, and also raise the bed up to be closer to the nozzle that you will be printing with. Some areas of the first layer may squish down more than you would wish, but those that are further away and are not adhering would have a better shot at sticking. You also might try adding gluestick or hairspray onto the tape if you are not already using them. It is likely that, since you have totally rebuilt one of the extruders, the R and L extruder nozzles are now at different relative heights from the bed. I think you should also make sure you wait a while after the print bed comes up to the target temperature. The readback bed temp value and the actual surface temp of the bed are not the same, and it can take a few minutes for the top bed surface to stabilize its temperature.

What type material are you printing and what are your settings?

Engineer
    Syd, I think this guy's got a shot at the title....

http://www.imgur.com/gallery/CMsXYUc

How's the Iron Man print doing?

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    So....I'm looking for thoughts on layer thickness.

I have recently printed out a number of these for myself and a coworker: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:213990

They look great, and everyone is quite happy with them. However, when I was doing a pair of them for my coworker and his son, I decided to print one at .1mm thickness, and the other at .2mm thickness. Nobody, including me, can tell the difference.

Is that mostly because it's an (extremely) organic shape? When printing at .1mm am I just wasting time?

Thoughts?
    There should be a visible difference under a magnifying glass between those two resolutions.

I'd say the shape definitely has a lot to do with it, and the resolution the part was initially designed for. If no one can tell for yours, save the time and print at 0.2mm.

Super Moderator
    First test of using glue stick on glass for ABS and the verdict is a big success. Been using hair spray and PLA is fine but mixed with ABS. The 10 hour print didn't lift or curl. Very pleased and hope it isn't just a fluke!! More tests today on a couple ABS woodworking gauges that take up most of the build plate.
    Also PEI sheets coming today to try out after hearing mostly good things about them with ABS. We will see.

On another note, Makergeeks has been absolutely silent on my now 3 bad rolls of filament and many emails for help. Not a word from them. My last order of five rolls came and none were vacuum sealed, looked like they were just put in bags but no vacuum pulled. I was going to order some raptor to try but now I don't think I will use them again.

Super Moderator
    I have stepper motors with the following numbers on the back. Anyone know if there is a difference in them?
    42hb34f08ab-06
    42hb34f08ab-14

Super Moderator
    Installing the Flexion's on one of the FFCP's. Fingers crossed for good results.

[IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    What is your favorite brand of PLA or ABS?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Still like MG. Might be worthwhile to try that 80c for 3 hours oven thing with a few meters of the bad filament just see what happens.

I am looking forward to your results with these.
    What is the first filament you are going to try with them?

Installing the Flexion's on one of the FFCP's. Fingers crossed for good results.

[IMG][/IMG]

I like MeltInk PLA/PHA, I had to dial it in though first. Needs to be a bit hotter than normal PLA.
    ABS I have had great results with SoulTech, it is great and tough. Simple to use.
    PeTG eSun is the best so far.

Page 365 of 411 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375 ... LastLast