Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
The slicer will adjust the plastic volume for the different layer height. The problem with anything over .3 or even .3 is it is approaching the nozzle size so the "ropes" coming out lay down more round. I try not to do anything over .24 for shells with a .4 nozzle. But infill doesn't matter. That's one reason why I suggest 160 micron, because doing infill every other layer at 160 means infill is laid down at 320 which is well within the capabilities of a .4 nozzle. If you do .24 layers or .2 layers then every other is .4 and .48, which wont work well with a .4 nozzle.

I got it. That makes sense. I forgot about limiting the layer height to a percent of the nozzle size.

So, if I were to do a .28 or .32 layer to be with the 40 micron deal I would want to make sure I was doing infill every layer but if I am doing a .16 (instead of .2) I can do infill every other layer and get better quality with reduced time?

I think I also want to do no more than a .32 layer with a .4 nozzle (80% of the nozzle)?