Close

Page 221 of 411 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It really doesn't seem to flat. Might make a stop at the local machine shop to talk to them about the bed and glass and see if they have any ideas that won't break the bank.
    Good luck as it will not be cheap.

Rounding and lifting is what ABS does so all you can do is keep all drafts away and leave the bed at 110c. Don't lift the door up as that will create a draft. Use hairspray or a glue stick if you must and if that doesn't work use that AND brims.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Never understood all of these one companies owning everything. Make something cool and some company will buy it out.
    Investors consider it bad for a company to have too much cash sitting around. They expect stocks to outperform money markets. Companies also buy others if they (the buying company) have over-valued stock due to high growth before its P/E ratio becomes more reasonable after the market stabilizes.

I love my borosilicate build plate, but with very thin ABS pieces, I was getting some lifting. A nice solid coat of Aquanet fixed that and seems to last for many prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
    Investors consider it bad for a company to have too much cash sitting around. They expect stocks to outperform money markets. Companies also buy others if they (the buying company) have over-valued stock due to high growth before its P/E ratio becomes more reasonable after the market stabilizes.
    Main reason why I despise Wall Street and investors and look out for venture capitalists as they should be shot on sight.

I firmly believe Wall Street has done more harm to the USA (saying USA since that is where I live) than good over the decades. Never go public with an IPO as the company is never the same again.

Engineer
    I just go by feel and I don't feel very well so I have a hard time leveling (tramming). I will say the bed on the Qidi is not flat for sure. It has ripples and the aluminum bed is slightly warped. One thing I have never understood on any printer I have owned is why in the dead center, regardless of the material used for the bed, it rises up so the gap is too close when everything else is fine. I have never been able to fix that issue.
    Maybe its the X-axis support structure sagging?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Maybe its the X-axis support structure sagging?
    I think it has to be because every printer I use has 8mm rods there and they sag on their own let alone with a motor and hotend + extruder to help weigh it down. Makes it impossible for me to level a bed.

Engineer
    I had not seen mention of it on this BB but MakerGeeks is having a 15% off sale thru July 5th. Coupon code is FIREWORKS
    I ordered and received a roll of the new MakerGeeksCrystal Red PLA. Looks really great. I printed a spiral vase mode lampshade and it came out excellent. I used 230C & 75C decreasing to 60C with a blower after 1 (just before my blower died, Emily is sending a replacement.) This material seems a little more brittle than their standard Maker PLA, but the color is really cool. Reminiscent of candy apple red. I'm going to order a blue and a yellow before their sale ends today.

Technician
    I ordered and received a roll of the new MakerGeeksCrystal Red PLA. Looks really great. I printed a spiral vase mode lampshade and it came out excellent. I used 230C & 75C decreasing to 60C with a blower after 1 (just before my blower died, Emily is sending a replacement.) This material seems a little more brittle than their standard Maker PLA, but the color is really cool. Reminiscent of candy apple red. I'm going to order a blue and a yellow before their sale ends today.
    230° for PLA? I stay in the 190°-200° range, usually. Does this "crystal" stuff require more heat?

Student
    Follow Stwert On Twitter Add Stwert on Facebook
    Now, what I would be very interested in is in compiling SF 7.7 and getting it uploaded. From what I read you can make your own profiles but I could care less if the stupid SF can't really do PWM or the Mightyboard that is in the Qidi. Either this is a hardware issue or a firmware issue and I suspect, more and more, it is a Firmware issue. If Matlin does it and SF is based off of Marlin then why not?

If anyone dares ask "the God" (unto himself) Jetty he may be able to shed some light on this but he and I are not on speaking terms.

I'm inclined to agree, the more I look into it the more I think it's a firmware rather than hardware issue.

For what it's worth regarding the firmware resetting a couple of pages back. I've tried it today, it's seems to make no difference. Just what you'd expect it to do, back to how it was when the printer arrived.

Engineer
    Made a 40mm x40mm x 10mm solid object and the color is even more intense. Watch out though, I had printed on a build plate with glue stick on Boro glass. Even after it was cold I had to put the plate in water to get the part off. It was very thoroughly stuck.

I printed the spiral lampshade in my last post at 230C because I was concerned about the filament adhering well to itself in a single layer print. There was no bubbling in the lampshade at 230C. I then printed this square part at 210C, my go-to temperature for PLA and it seemed to come out fine.

Page 221 of 411 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast