Close

Page 104 of 411 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    What is this spring steel sheet that you are talking about? lol

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    What is this spring steel sheet that you are talking about? lol
    With the Maghold system you have a solid aluminum block with magnets in it, then you have flexible spring steel sheets with kapton tape on one side and BuildTak on the other that attach magnetically so you can remove the entire build plate easily and then flex/bend it to remove the parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKw8oF99ZHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltIJcxn8HWE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeeRTt04gQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLk5SHJNRmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ExgJZ1pI04

Super Moderator
    Ohhh, thought you were talking about a stock part of QIDI printer.

I dunno that Maghold is great and everything but when you bend anything there are stresses on it and eventually they will deform. Just doesn't seem all that great of an idea to me to bend anything to take parts off so I would just wait for the glass to cool but I have a low tolerance for having to replace things so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    I dunno that Maghold is great and everything but when you bend anything there are stresses on it and eventually they will deform. Just doesn't seem all that great of an idea to me to bend anything to take parts off so I would just wait for the glass to cool but I have a low tolerance for having to replace things so YMMV.
    Even if it does deform at some point (I have printed hundreds of things and they are all still perfectly flat) the magnets are spread across the entire plate and hold it down quite well. Also replacement plates are $12, so I think I can afford a new one (Also I already have three of them and swap them out after each print, and have one with white Buildtak when I am printing something dark in color)

Hey everyone, just ordered one of these a few days ago! How well does the machine handle printing directly off an SD card vs hooking it up directly to a computer?

Quote Originally Posted by bluemeane View Post
    Even if it does deform at some point (I have printed hundreds of things and they are all still perfectly flat) the magnets are spread across the entire plate and hold it down quite well. Also replacement plates are $12, so I think I can afford a new one (Also I already have three of them and swap them out after each print, and have one with white Buildtak when I am printing something dark in color)
    That is why I said YMMV but for me I consider that wasted money if I have to buy something again no matter how many times I get to use it though if I could be guaranteed it stays 100% flat (no deformation whatsoever) and I could get at least 1k prints off of it at 12 dollars then I might go for it.

I love the magnet aspect but I love glass and once you get a nice, reflective, translucent, base (could be a top or a side even) I know I don't want to go back to anything else.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesePatrol View Post
    Hey everyone, just ordered one of these a few days ago! How well does the machine handle printing directly off an SD card vs hooking it up directly to a computer?
    No reason to directly tether to a computer. SD Card is better to use in case the computer likes to sleep or otherwise try to ruin your 15+ hours worth of printing. lol Really the main technical reason to not print from computer is because the USB cable can be an antenna for interference to enter the Printers electronics and cause havoc. Only hook to computer to make firmware adjustments and upgrades.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    That is why I said YMMV but for me I consider that wasted money if I have to buy something again no matter how many times I get to use it though if I could be guaranteed it stays 100% flat (no deformation whatsoever) and I could get at least 1k prints off of it at 12 dollars then I might go for it.

I love the magnet aspect but I love glass and once you get a nice, reflective, translucent, base (could be a top or a side even) I know I don't want to go back to anything else.
    Yep, glass is best for most things especially ABS where the best surface prep is Slurry. Glass is easy to clean up with a razor blade in a retractable paint scraper.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Yep, glass is best for most things especially ABS where the best surface prep is Slurry. Glass is easy to clean up with a razor blade in a retractable paint scraper.
    I have absolutely NO problems with BuildTak. I have even used it to print ABS on my Fabrikator Mini without a heated bed. I have used Glass in the past, and still prefer my flexible plate with BuildTak any day. I can pull it off literally RIGHT after a print finishes, and within seconds it is cool to the touch and the part is off the bed and I am ready to print again (Although I usually use a different plate because I have several ready to go. )

Page 104 of 411 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast