Close

Page 45 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Technician
    I would definitely spring for the qidi over ffcp. For all intents and purposes the qidi is a solid clone of the ffcp style printer but at a much better price. Then you can do what others suggest and invest in simpify3d slicing software. I did and its simply amazing and makes my prints perfect every time.

Technician
    About the z shim, look up on thingiverse there's a version that slides into the backboard and is very solidly in place (I even had to shave some plastic off of mine). The version I downloaded was sort of a c shape style that just pushes straight down on the backboard.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by sygyzy View Post
    How are you guys getting your Z axis stop limit shims to stay put? I printed two separate ones so far and they are nowhere close to being the right size. The hook arms don't stay snug around the cylinder sleeve and the width of it is odd in that it sort of hangs halfway off the back. Am I missing something?
    I had problems with it staying it place too so I designed my own. I just posted it to Thingiverse:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1394527

QidiTech-ZAxisSpacer-In -1024.jpg

Hello all great QIDI owners, I have just ordered and received my QIDI tech printer and am considering the 0.25” Glass Bed option. I just wondering what filament material (PLA/ABS) were used to produce those shims and corner bracket parts tohold the glass bed? Anyone can shed some light? Thank you. James.

Student
    There is a shim that was specifically designed for the Qidi. Just search the Qidi on thing verse I would link but on iPad.

Quote Originally Posted by KludgeGuru View Post
    I had problems with it staying it place too so I designed my own. I just posted it to Thingiverse:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1394527

QidiTech-ZAxisSpacer-In -1024.jpg

I was wondering if it is ABS or PLA material or some other filament?

Technologist
    The shim can be ABS or PLA. The corner brackets are probably better in ABS since it can handle the heat better.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by DJalin1 View Post
    There is a shim that was specifically designed for the Qidi. Just search the Qidi on thing verse I would link but on iPad.
    Now there are two.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by topaviator View Post
    Hello all great QIDI owners, I have just ordered and received my QIDI tech printer and am considering the 0.25” Glass Bed option. I just wondering what filament material (PLA/ABS) were used to produce those shims and corner bracket parts tohold the glass bed? Anyone can shed some light? Thank you. James.
    You can use any hightemp filament ABS, PETG even Nylon. I don't print much ABS do to the smell. I prefer Petg.

Page 45 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast