Close

Page 44 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Technician
    @Syd_Khaos - thanks for the info about the glass. It makes perfect sense.

Mine shakes pretty violently during infill too, especially if the model is smaller and it has to go back and forth very fast.

Does anyone know why the machine seems to play computerized musical tones during printing? I am no talking about the finish tone but like while printing it makes some high pitched sounds that sound computerized and not just normal printing sounds. Am I imagining things?
    Last edited by sygyzy; 03-05-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Technician
    I have a CTC and it shakes like crazy for the infill as well; although utilizing Simplify3D and Sailfish 7.7 firmware has helped with the print speeds / accel and helps the shaking by a huge margin.

The "musical tones" I believe is just the stepper motors?

Engineer-in-Training
    All the hardware in the heatplate is M3 yes? just different lenghts right.

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Yes it looks like all of the build plate screws are M3

Technician
    I am going to pick up a piece of 1/8" (3.175 mm) glass. I can find 1/8" shims for the Z-Axis or at least figure out how to remix 1/4" ones down but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get 1/8" corner clips. All the versions I've found are for 1/4" glass and my TinkerCAD skills are not up to snuff. No matter how I try to resize the height of the glass hold portion (not the entire clip), it won't let me. Does anyone have any advice or can anyone help me resize the gap on this one to fit 1/8" glass? http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:613685

Technician
    I have the original version of this set: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1291106 but I'm going to get these made for me using higher grade filament for heat resistance via 3dhubs.com

Student
    Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to 3D printing. This will be my first purchase. I'm leaning toward the Qidi Tech 1. Is there any reason to spend the extra money on the Flashforge Creator Pro?

Thanks,
    Joe

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    None I can think of

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jcoahran View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to 3D printing. This will be my first purchase. I'm leaning toward the Qidi Tech 1. Is there any reason to spend the extra money on the Flashforge Creator Pro?

Thanks,
    Joe
    I purchased the Qidi as my first printer just over a week ago. Looked at printers for solid 2 months before deciding. After all the research the only thing I was cautious about with the Qidi was customer support.
    The machine is awesome. Great quiality, easy to use. I was printing within couple hours of opening the box, and I had issues leveling the plate at first. Much faster than I expected. And their customer service is very prompt and helpful.

I would also suggest getting Simplify 3D software along with the Qidi machine.
    A week with my first printer and I'm doing complex setting tweeks and really dialing in what this thing can do. That's partly due to how easy to use and work on the machine is, and how easy and streamlined S3D seems to be for making adjustments.

Technician
    How are you guys getting your Z axis stop limit shims to stay put? I printed two separate ones so far and they are nowhere close to being the right size. The hook arms don't stay snug around the cylinder sleeve and the width of it is odd in that it sort of hangs halfway off the back. Am I missing something?

Page 44 of 411 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast