Close

Page 70 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Vansmak View Post
    Can someone share their PETG settings? I'm printing on a glass bed and having some issues getting it to stick, and when it does I get a lot of stringing. help?!
    Nozzle temp 226-230c
    Bed temp around 110c

I have played with the setting alot on PETG, and have gotten some exeptional prints, but still with some strings.
    I'm guessing its just stringy stuff, as anything below 226 or so and I get the telltale 'to cold' globs.

Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Extrude temps 235c to 260c depending on MFG. Build plate at 70c and retraction to 2.25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Nozzle temp 226-230c
    Bed temp around 110c

I have played with the setting alot on PETG, and have gotten some exeptional prints, but still with some strings.
    I'm guessing its just stringy stuff, as anything below 226 or so and I get the telltale 'to cold' globs.

Thanks guys, I'll play with these setting. Do you run the Bed Fan when printing with PETG?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Nozzle temp 226-230c
    Bed temp around 110c

110c is hotter then needed for glass. I have no problems at 70c. If you want to eliminate stringing turn up the retraction rate

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Vansmak View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll play with these setting. Do you run the Bed Fan when printing with PETG?
    Not really needed.

Maybe this will help illustrate some of the issues I'm having. The Black model(PETG) prints fine until it gets to the "stack" and then it seems to go off the rails. The White model (ABS) is almost identical and holds it's shape in ABS. Would retraction help keep the stack vertical and smooth or is there something else you would suggest I alter in the settings?

20160324_205008.jpg. 20160324_205020.jpg20160324_205042.jpg
    Last edited by Vansmak; 03-24-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Technician
    Did you guys need longer screws for either end of the cable chain? What size/type?

I just got my QIDI Tech I 3 days ago and today I noticed a problem I hope someone can help me with.

Today I was printing and noticed the left extruder kept hitting the print. I re-leveled and check everything and now when I start a print the head will start on the plate but will move too far left and hit the stop and bump and grind some.

Also noticed there is not some clicking sounds when its printing that was not there yesterday.
    Is this an adjustment you can make in the profiles?
    Last edited by bombnav; 03-25-2016 at 01:01 AM.

hi , im new here,

may i know what are the differences between flashforge creator pro against qidi tech
    other than price ?

which is more reliable to pay for ?
    guide me thanks !

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by bombnav View Post
    I just got my QIDI Tech I 3 days ago
    Congrats!

Today I was printing and noticed the left extruder kept hitting the print.
    You can adjust he height of the nozzles. I haven't had to do this yet so I'm not sure where the set screw is, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

1. Level your bed against the lower nozzle.
    2. Level your higher nozzle against the bed.

Here is a discussion about this for the Flashforge:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...-across-prints

Here is a video for the Makerbot:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBVUJpY2YX4

From those you should be able to figure it out.

I re-leveled and check everything and now when I start a print the head will start on the plate but will move too far left and hit the stop and bump and grind some.
    Is this while everything is heating up, or when it starts laying down plastic?

Also noticed there is not some clicking sounds when its printing that was not there yesterday.
    Is this an adjustment you can make in the profiles?
    Try unloading the filament and then reloading it.

Technologist
    Add KludgeGuru on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by HalimDesign View Post
    hi , im new here,

may i know what are the differences between flashforge creator pro against qidi tech
    other than price ?

which is more reliable to pay for ?
    guide me thanks !
    I think the main difference is the Flashforge has 10mm rods on the Z-Axis and the Qidi has 8mm. You get more wobble on the Z-Axis platform on the Qidi. Hopefully this is something Qidi fixes in the future. Also it is something you can upgrade on the Qidi. (Being an Engineer that's what makes it fun for me)

As for reliability, they are both pretty similar. The main parts are the same or very similar between the two units.

Page 70 of 411 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast