Close

Page 328 of 411 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Merijeek View Post
    Yes, that seems to be the all around opinion of just about everyone. And I probably will do so eventually. But first I need to come up with a semi-practical use for the printer to justify further spending to the wife...
    Good point and solving issues in other software is also a good exercise. Getting to know what happens because of what settings is the point then you can make any of it work better.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If you ever think of one please post it so we can all, well you know...
    HAHA!! NO wife just three dogs!! Their condition is no toys until our food bin is full.

Technician
    Yes, that seems to be the all around opinion of just about everyone. And I probably will do so eventually. But first I need to come up with a semi-practical use for the printer to justify further spending to the wife...
    I would try Slic3r if you're not willing to spend that cash for Simplify. It's a little rough to set up, but I can share my profile, which will get you much of the way there.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    HAHA!! NO wife just three dogs!! Their condition is no toys until our food bin is full.
    I knew it!!! Four darn 3D printers? Three of them within as many weeks!? No way I could get that past the wife...

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    What type is it?
    Devcon Plastic Welder

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by JSensebe View Post
    I would try Slic3r if you're not willing to spend that cash for Simplify. It's a little rough to set up, but I can share my profile, which will get you much of the way there.
    Well, I've actually done some messing around with Slic3r and Cura when I was doing Repetier with the MP Mini. And I definitely liked them better. However...

(try to follow my thought process here)

From reading around, near as I understood, this printer won't take a regular .gcode file. It takes the .x3g. Continuing that thought, to get an .x3g file we need to have the Makerbot software (or S3D).

Am I wrong in this?

Technician
    Well, I've actually done some messing around with Slic3r and Cura when I was doing Repetier with the MP Mini. And I definitely liked them better. However...

(try to follow my thought process here)

From reading around, near as I understood, this printer won't take a regular .gcode file. It takes the .x3g. Continuing that thought, to get an .x3g file we need to have the Makerbot software (or S3D).

Am I wrong in this?
    I use GPX for that. I have Slic3r set up to run it automatically, so it produces the X3G immediately after creating the G-code file. GPX is also nice for those times when you want to manually edit the G-code and need to remake the X3G.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    A plate of green cable chain pieces printed with the new CF platform.

The pieces came out a bit better than before and the build plate didn't need to be leveled for the next print which I was happy about. After a couple basic stress tests I'm going to try and print something difficult with a lot of detail and I'm hoping to see a large improvement in "ringing".

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    A plate of green cable chain pieces printed with the new CF platform.

The pieces came out a bit better than before and the build plate didn't need to be leveled for the next print which I was happy about. After a couple basic stress tests I'm going to try and print something difficult with a lot of detail and I'm hoping to see a large improvement in "ringing".
    High Five! That's great.

I put supports in mine. I am yanking them out now. They are only in the big part. the flute itself has none.
    How has it been working out for you? I like the way this one fits on as well.

I use this one for Dual PLA prints. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1542849 Printed in MG ABS at 230/110. No supports.

Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Page 328 of 411 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast