Close

Page 203 of 411 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    Install questions. Did you guys install the provided software or go straight to Simplify 3d? What version of Python did you install for Win7 64Bit?
    S3D here. Installed Makerware as the easiest solution to get a USB device driver. To date I have used MW as an .obj to .stl converter.

Engineer-in-Training
    Install questions. Did you guys install the provided software or go straight to Simplify 3d? What version of Python did you install for Win7 64Bit?
    I went straight with S3D. I had budgeted for it when getting the printer anyway. And there is good reason its the number one slicer right now.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    What you have linked is for a Mk8 Extruder set-up. The Qidi machines use Mk10s.

There is a feed assembly on Thingiverse for Mk10 set-ups...and having been using it for 2 months now I can say it works rather well.
    These are what ya need for Mk10s http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:857200
    Syd, do you recommend this feed assy over the stock Qidi, even without a low-pro feed gear? What feed gears have you tried?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I'm using a 1/4" Borosilicate bonded to a Maghold steel sheet using 3M 468MP adhesive transfer tape, and that is sitting on a Maghold build plate. I was watching a print and I think the platform wiggles/vibrates less with all of that mass than when I simply use a Buildtak sheet on it. I dont have an accelerometer or I would instrument it. Anybody observe something similar / or any comments?
    I noticed the same thing after switching to 1/4" glass.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Syd, do you recommend this feed assy over the stock Qidi, even without a low-pro feed gear? What feed gears have you tried?
    I most certainly would.
    Even for normal material (ABS, PetG, and PLA that is) I have noticed far less issues steming from feeding material since printing and installing these parts.
    I have the stock large-tooth gear from Qidi still running on my left side and a low-pro gear on my right side. Both sides are running the feed assembly I linked. Also I changed spring on feed arm for the right side, using same length spring with just a tad less tension. Still enough push to feed great, but keeps soft stuff from getting choofed-up.

These are the only 2 feed gears I have tried so far.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I went straight with S3D. I had budgeted for it when getting the printer anyway. And there is good reason its the number one slicer right now.
    Thanks, I planned on getting S3d but thought I would try some basics with the included software just to get some practice.

Printing the calibration cube now. So far so good.

What in the heck is low-pro gear?

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    What in the heck is low-pro gear?
    Low-pro is common shortening of Low Profile.

Its gear with a narrow tooth swath, and shallower teeth. The stock Qidi feed gears are pretty aggressive, very deep teeth.

Super Moderator
    Thanks, I planned on getting S3d but thought I would try some basics with the included software just to get some practice.

Printing the calibration cube now. So far so good.
    OK, so new machine is here (obviously) and working. Has the 10mm rods!!. I can't post pics here but I am in the Facebook group I started go look for QIDI 3D.

Super Moderator
    I have the new QIDI running and it seems ok so far. I am now trying a print via USB but using my USB extenders that I mentioned some time back. It is two USB ends and a 25 foot CAT6 cable. So far it is working fine. If this works ok then it could be an option to be connected but still have the printer far from the PC.

Page 203 of 411 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast