Close

Page 178 of 411 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 4110
    Student
    Same here. I've been printing since I have received the machine and only in ABS. No issues with the print bed connector at all. Thanks for the warning though, just not sure its a big issue with this model.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I don't think this is a wide spread thing, not with this particular machine at any rate.
    You are the very first person I have heard mention this about the Qidi machines, though I have heard of this being an issue with alot of clones.

I print almost everything in ABS. I run my machine from about 8am to 2-3am every single day. I check all wires and connectors when I do the weekly maint breakdown on the machine. That plug still white as the day I got it.

But still a good heads up, def something to be mindful of and keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by svt04cobra View Post
    Same here. I've been printing since I have received the machine and only in ABS. No issues with the print bed connector at all. Thanks for the warning though, just not sure its a big issue with this model.
    Then why was I the lucky one? I mean I can't have been the only one with this issue but who knows.

Oh, are you printing at 110c as the blue "pc glue" says? btw, at 110c that blue "pc glue" turned brown (same color as that sticky back tape in the video on how to remove the stuff) and even the bottom of the print I did was brown.

Engineer
    I got the Maghold platform installed a few days ago and have been really happy with it so far. It does make getting a print to release a non-event, that part of the process works perfectly as advertised. In the very worst cases a thin blade spatula can be helpful, in most cases the objects just pop right off. Slightly bowing the plate makes it a piece of cake to slip the spatula edge under a part's corner. I'm using the BuildTak surface that came with the Maghold and PLA with no additional treatments aside from cleaning w/ isopropyl before each print.

I printed a leveling indicator holder (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1502857) to use with an old dial indicator. I had to drill out the hole for the dial indicator's shank, but otherwise no mods were needed. It showed that, with adjustment, the Maghold+steel plate+BuildTak sandwich is indeed level (wrt the print rails) within ~.002 over the entire printbed's surface. I intend to do some cold vs hot vs re-zero vs repeatability checks and will post what I observe.

Student
    I have a 1/4 in glass on top of the build plate with .05 mm heat sink tape under and no blue sticker. I found at only 110 I don't get the ABS to adhere will on the first or subsequent passes. So I upped the temp to 115 on the build plate. Seems to work with no hair spray. When the glass cools the print just falls off like butter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Then why was I the lucky one? I mean I can't have been the only one with this issue but who knows.

Oh, are you printing at 110c as the blue "pc glue" says? btw, at 110c that blue "pc glue" turned brown (same color as that sticky back tape in the video on how to remove the stuff) and even the bottom of the print I did was brown.

I have a 1/4 in glass on top of the build plate with .05 mm heat sink tape under and no blue sticker. I found at only 110 I don't get the ABS to adhere will on the first or subsequent passes. So I upped the temp to 115 on the build plate. Seems to work with no hair spray. When the glass cools the print just falls off like butter.
    Yep, sounds like my Prusa I3 with Boro but I can do 110c on it.

I love, absolutely love, glass for a printed bed surface because not only can the bottom be treated as a top due to how beautiful it is but also because you let it cool and...pink....creak...pink...pop on most prints be it PLA or ABS and if it doesn't pop itself off just touch it and off it comes.

Student
    And your the reason I setup my printer like this. It just works.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    Yep, sounds like my Prusa I3 with Boro but I can do 110c on it.

I love, absolutely love, glass for a printed bed surface because not only can the bottom be treated as a top due to how beautiful it is but also because you let it cool and...pink....creak...pink...pop on most prints be it PLA or ABS and if it doesn't pop itself off just touch it and off it comes.

And your the reason I setup my printer like this. It just works.
    I really have never seen anything better to get a print off of (most times, as I said, I wake up and it is already popped off) or as beautiful of a finish. ABS has the most beauty to it out of ABS and PLA (only two I have ever used) because it is almost like glass itself when it pops off and you look at it. When I print I hate to use the bottom of the print as a bottom due to that (seems like a waste to me, lol).

Engineer-in-Training
    Ok, having a serious issue all a sudden and out of nowhere.

My machine will not stay powered on unless its idle. If I try to start a print it will start to heat the plate, then shuts off after about 2min. The screen on the machine will stutter and then it powers back on, at the main menu.
    This has been going on for about 4 hrs now...printed a good 6 hrs before that this morning.

I have checked all cables and connectors, all are tight and with no damage. I have also checked the surge strip and outlet the machine is plugged into, and everything is normal there.

Any ideas on what this could be, has anyone had this happen. Have contacted Qidi, but got stuff I wanted to get done tonight, and they typically take a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    Ok, having a serious issue all a sudden and out of nowhere.

My machine will not stay powered on unless its idle. If I try to start a print it will start to heat the plate, then shuts off after about 2min. The screen on the machine will stutter and then it powers back on, at the main menu.
    This has been going on for about 4 hrs now...printed a good 6 hrs before that this morning.

I have checked all cables and connectors, all are tight and with no damage. I have also checked the surge strip and outlet the machine is plugged into, and everything is normal there.

Any ideas on what this could be, has anyone had this happen. Have contacted Qidi, but got stuff I wanted to get done tonight, and they typically take a couple days.
    Did you check the power supply? When it shuts down check, with a meter, the voltages on it (careful to only touch the DC side and not the AC mains side which is the right side three terminals is the live mains the other 6 on the left of those 3 are DC). To do this you will have to pull it out (unscrew it) while that heated bed is heating.

edit: You will probably need some alligator/crocodile clips from the meter to the PSU and just stare at it since it seems to drop and come back up. I think it could be the psu or the main board but most likely the psu as it stutters and the Mightyboard shuts off enough to stop the current drain to the PSU. I could be wrong though so you will need to meter that PSU and watch it when it happens.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 06-06-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Its not the supply.....
    It is somewhere in the control board, I just can't find out where.

This should not be an issue. There was no power outage, surge protector is still showing green (its an awesome surge protector made for server blocks I got for cheap from my brothers work lol), everything looks to be in order.

Kinda getting sick of these phantom issues lol. I'm to used to machines that break for obvious reasons I guess.

Page 178 of 411 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast