Close

Page 257 of 411 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 4110
    Technician
    Hey all,

I installed Simplify3D yesterday and noticed that the standard Qidi profile is doing a reasonably good job. Problem is that I am once again faced with non-accelerated moves, especially in small loops and features. My machine is "shuddering" like crazy! I read that someone went from Qidi 7.8 to Sailfish 7.7 and was able to mitigate all of this shuddering simply by flashing the official firmware. My thoughts are that Qidi is using a VERY dated copy of Sailfish (not a 7.7 fork), that might even be slightly broken...

I am going to attempt to flash to Sailfish 7.7. Can anyone recommend a USBASP ICSP Programmer that will do the trick?

Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by caall99 View Post
    Hey all,

I installed Simplify3D yesterday and noticed that the standard Qidi profile is doing a reasonably good job. Problem is that I am once again faced with non-accelerated moves, especially in small loops and features. My machine is "shuddering" like crazy! I read that someone went from Qidi 7.8 to Sailfish 7.7 and was able to mitigate all of this shuddering simply by flashing the official firmware. My thoughts are that Qidi is using a VERY dated copy of Sailfish (not a 7.7 fork), that might even be slightly broken...

I am going to attempt to flash to Sailfish 7.7. Can anyone recommend a USBASP ICSP Programmer that will do the trick?
    Do not try it I know of no one that has successfully loaded the official version of Sailfish on Qidi Techs that come with there own version of Sailfish 7.8.
    You will brick your board.
    If your having acceleration problems there is something else going on. Do you have acceleration turned on from the Qidi Tech screen menu.
    Also use the startup script found here with S3D http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Startup-Script

Engineer
    Hey all,

So the stepper cogging problem is gone, the moves you are describing now are maintaining control, but are more aggressive than you wish? Example: printing the jaggies fill segments between the perimeters on your better_cube?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rcleav View Post
    Do not try it I know of no one that has successfully loaded the official version of Sailfish on Qidi Techs that come with there own version of Sailfish 7.8.
    You will brick your board.
    If your having acceleration problems there is something else going on. Do you have acceleration turned on from the Qidi Tech screen menu.
    Also use the startup script found here with S3D http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Startup-Script
    Haven't had a chance to look yet but what are the differences in these scripts vs. the ones it sets when choosing the QIDI profile? I do know to change the left position so the extruder doesn't bang the side of the case but what else is different?

Technician
    The betterblock printed fine without any shuddering in S3D... Really no complaints there. I then sliced a high polygon model with many small features and the printer shuddered like crazy while printing the small details, ultimately completely ruining the print... Its strange, because the raft printed perfectly, but the moment it started printing the models first layer, the printer completely freaked out.

In regards to bricking the qidi controller: did the people that bricked their controllers set the fuse bits properly? Did they use the atmega2560 bootloader that dan newman has on github. I dont see how you can brick a board if you simply use the right settings. An atmega2560 and atmega8u2 are what they are... As long as you use the right settings it should work.

My worry is that qidi used a very old version of sailfish that did not properly navigate small features and small loops (especially on high polygon models)... It could also be that sailfish firmware itself has issues with applying acceleration to *some* small features... And we only rarely hit the limitations of the firmware.

All my firmware settings are good, and acceleration is turned on. My jerk setting is at 7. I could reduce it further, but i doubt that will fix it.

Super Moderator
    So I have ordered a nice digital "dial" indicator to use for bed leveling. Anyone have suggestions for a method for indexing the gauge to a zero bed to nozzle clearance? I figured once it is zeroed then you could not only level but set the gap between the bed and nozzle.

Thanks for any ideas!!

In regards to bricking the qidi controller: did the people that bricked their controllers set the fuse bits properly? Did they use the atmega2560 bootloader that dan newman has on github. I dont see how you can brick a board if you simply use the right settings. An atmega2560 and atmega8u2 are what they are... As long as you use the right settings it should work.

My worry is that qidi used a very old version of sailfish that did not properly navigate small features and small loops (especially on high polygon models)... It could also be that sailfish firmware itself has issues with applying acceleration to *some* small features... And we only rarely hit the limitations of the firmware.
    I have no idea what your printing. Have you had some one else try printing it?
    As far as the info on Gethub you would need to get a hold of Dan for that info. Like I said I have not personally heard of anyone successfully changing the newer Qidi Tech Firmware and several have tried.

I have a dial indicator and tried it and found a piece a paper is still easier, faster and accurate enough.
    Even with the Dial indicator you will still have to check that the nozzle heights are the same with a piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    So I have ordered a nice digital "dial" indicator to use for bed leveling. Anyone have suggestions for a method for indexing the gauge to a zero bed to nozzle clearance? I figured once it is zeroed then you could not only level but set the gap between the bed and nozzle.

Thanks for any ideas!!
    Shouldn't have went with a digital as it is far less responsive so you can see what is going on when you move it around the bed.

Technician
    The model i was printing was admittedly quite "raunchy". Its called girlwatchstars or something like that. I can upload it when i am home, so you can try printing and let me know if you experience the same issue.

I think i will get in contact with Dan and have him give me his take on the problems i am seeing. I am sure he will admit if its in fact a limitation of sailfish, or if it has been fixed in later versions of sailfish.

Page 257 of 411 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357 ... LastLast