Close

Page 256 of 411 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 4110
    Add rcleav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Did you and RetroCreo get his board running a bona-fide version of SF 7.X?
    I not sure but don't think so.
    I have a Qidi Tech and CTC printer they both have identical Mighty 1280 based boards and both have Sailfish 7.7.
    Last edited by rcleav; 07-27-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Super Moderator
    That looks great W! I actually started with a similar pin approach when I designed my version. I broke one of the pins off accidentally and shifted to re-using the original mounting screws instead. Just curious, but how much variation in thickness do you have in the acrylic on your QiDi?

It's all the same. What I did is make a shoulder on the base of the pin that fits snugly in the bolt hole on the acrylic to hold the clip in place along with a tight fit on the two edges then the pin is a mm smaller so it fits easily in the bolt hole on the printer.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It's all the same. What I did is make a shoulder on the base of the pin that fits snugly in the bolt hole on the acrylic to hold the clip in place along with a tight fit on the two edges then the pin is a mm smaller so it fits easily in the bolt hole on the printer.
    I guess I just lucked out. The side window acrylic on my QiDi varies by almost 1mm in thickness and the hole locations are inconsistent from corner to corner. Maybe the oddball thickness didn't fit well in their drilling jig when they mfg them.

Btw, Smoothie is not very good as a lot of people are finally finding out (here is just one example but Google to find more http://forum.seemecnc.com/viewtopic.php?t=10151 ). It is really quirky and does have issues with Thermocouplers. Now, a DUE based board will serve such a project better since the board will work "Dan Newman's fork of RepRapFirmware already supports up to four MAX31855 thermocouple interface boards connected to the SPI pins of the expansion connector." It is an ARM based board so will be a better solution AND is fully opensource so you can mod to your heart's content.

You might have ugly wires coming out of the printer but I can guarantee you the machine will run circles around what it can do now if anyone wants to ditch that Mightyboard setup and switch over to gcode and PWM that works for everything.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    This is due to one of two things and that is Amazon yanked them due to various issues with the merchant OR the merchant ran out. Nine times out of ten the merchant is under investigation by Amazon (if all of their listings say "Currently unavailable" then it is the company and not simply the product) and when the investigation ends they may just suddenly pop up or the listing will cease to exist completely (no traces left).

There is one other option I have seen happen and that is when the marketplace merchant wakes up and says there isn't enough profit in this with Amazon and the items aren't moving enough so they basically pull their stock to zero.
    Just got an email from BIQU. I'm not sure how to interpret this, but here is what I got:

"Hello David,
    Our account has been Suspended yesterday, so sorry about this.
    When we appeal it back we will e-mail you, thanks for your kindness supporting and understanding!
    Hope you have a good day!

Sincerely
    BIQU Team"

Just got an email from BIQU. I'm not sure how to interpret this, but here is what I got:

"Hello David,
    Our account has been Suspended yesterday, so sorry about this.
    When we appeal it back we will e-mail you, thanks for your kindness supporting and understanding!
    Hope you have a good day!

Sincerely
    BIQU Team"
    There ya go they fall into the 90% bracket, that I mentioned, where Amazon yanked them and apparently their account was suspended (in reality it is terminated). This means Amazon had a lot of complaints on them and their nozzles. There really isn't any other way to get an account terminated/suspended on Amazon. I bet you a dollar to a doughnut a lot of people never received their product and Amazon had to step in.

Amazon doesn't play around and it is damn near impossible to get a reversal from Amazon. I have seen it before but it is very rare.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    There ya go they fall into the 90% bracket, that I mentioned, where Amazon yanked them and apparently their account was suspended (in reality it is terminated). This means Amazon had a lot of complaints on them and their nozzles. There really isn't any other way to get an account terminated/suspended on Amazon. I bet you a dollar to a doughnut a lot of people never received their product and Amazon had to step in.

Amazon doesn't play around and it is damn near impossible to get a reversal from Amazon. I have seen it before but it is very rare.
    They had 13 pages of items in their store. I doubt all of the complaints were regarding their nozzles, particularly as they would not be hitting the streets in the USA until September. I did get some PTFE tubing from them, and ended up returning it for a refund.

Engineer
    Here is an interesting printer...
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...der-3d-printer

They had 13 pages of items in their store. I doubt all of the complaints were regarding their nozzles, particularly as they would not be hitting the streets in the USA until September. I did get some PTFE tubing from them, and ended up returning it for a refund.
    Exactly. Doesn't mean it was their nozzles it could have been something else they sell and if Amazon gets too many complaints, or inquiries as to where in the heck is my stuff I purchased, Amazon will make it right and will shut down the seller. I have seen this a lot of times with eBay sellers trying Amazon and failing miserably because a lot of stuff eBay, or even worse AliExpress, allows Amazon will clamp your privates down with a vise as they don't play and are not as lenient as the others.

Super Moderator

That is pretty cool. If I had the extra cash I would give it a go!!

Page 256 of 411 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast