Close

Newbie Experiences

Hello all;

I've had the Flashforge Creator Pro for one week. So far it's been a blast. Only issues are of experience. Some thoughts and questions:

My first print was successful right out of the box using RepG. I have Simplify3d, and frankly don't use it as RepG just seems more reliable. Simplify3d has just stalled a couple of times during prints.

My FFCP came with a blue covering on the build plate, and I have had not problems getting the build to stick to the place. They also included two spare replacement covers. In fact, if anything the build sticks too well. I've learned that if I get busy and don't pull the build off the build plate while it is still hot, getting the build off the plate can be tricky. I'm following the recommendation in the FFCP manual and setting the bed temp to 95.

I've discovered that is is more reliable to send the gcode file to the SD card and print from the card. If you send it from the computer and the computer hick-ups, the build stalls.

Only minor issue I have is the thinner parts of the builds tend to be weaker than I like. They split between layers. I'm guessing this is a case where I need to tweak my settings, but though I'd ask advice before doing so. Read the forum sticky, and suspect it has to be either layer thickness or speed.
    MAt.JPGCapture.JPG20150816_193712424_iOS.jpg
    I'm sticking in some photos of settings, a build and the blue build plate cover that came with my machine. I ordered some Hatchbox filament, and discovered in one forum that the Hatchbox rolls have holes too small for the stock spool rolls, but found a solution on thingiverse.

The walls of this thing in the tang portion tend to be fragile.

Thanks,

i'm about 4-5 weeks ahead of you with my printer..
    i used repg for about a day, then switched to slic3r and finally to simplify3d.
    at first i though slic3r was better, but i stuck with using s3d and my prints are turning out great.
    i would suggest you just stick with it..very few people don't rave about it.

my suggestions.
    get some glass
    use hairspray
    pull that blue tape off your build plate.
    for thinner walls, print more infill. try 30-40%
    In s3d and slic3r there is a "detect thin walls" setting.
    not sure about repg

Quote Originally Posted by ffvader View Post
    i'm about 4-5 weeks ahead of you with my printer..
    i used repg for about a day, then switched to slic3r and finally to simplify3d.
    at first i though slic3r was better, but i stuck with using s3d and my prints are turning out great.
    i would suggest you just stick with it..very few people don't rave about it.

No trying to be a smart aleck but....

my suggestions.
    get some glass - why?
    use hairspray - why?
    pull that blue tape off your build plate. Again why? It's sticking reliably with seems to be an issue for a lot of people.
    for thinner walls, print more infill. try 30-40% - how?
    In s3d and slic3r there is a "detect thin walls" setting. Where?

not sure about repg
    WHy Glass?
    Why hairspray?
    WHy pull the blue plastic of the platfor, my builds stick with no problems
    Who do I increase infill

Dumb questions, but I'm new.

Thanks,.

why glass = you can removed the glass to remove your print, you can clean it.. with a bolted down build plate this is a problem
    why hairspray = it helps prints stick better to glass over other methods
    why pull the tape = if you use glass, you'll want to, that's juts another thermal barrier you will want to remove.
    as far as usage on a specific slicer, i would suggest youtube. lots of helpful videos on how to use them.