Close

ABS print keeps coming off bed

Sorry noob question I have glass bed with blue tape and glue. I have level the bed over and over, its the same spot that comes off. I have tried

226/70 bed
    230/110
    235/70
    230/50

It not a lot but you can tell, please help thanks.

I have tried kapton tape, buildtak, glue on glass
    so far the best i've found was
    hairspray on straight glass (aquanet unscented)
    my ABS sticks perfectly now where as it was hit or miss with all the others.

I have tried blue tape with glue and it stick very well, just one corner comes up all the time, it's not a lot just a little.

I've found that ABS is the worst plastic type for Warping problems.
    HIPS is a little better but Warps also.
    PLA warps less than any I've tried.

Note: I have glass on bed and use hair-spray for object adhesive

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Formula for ABS printing success:

• 95 build plate, 240ish for extruder. Fully enclosed build chamber except for the back of the hood.

• Wipe down build plate with acetone on papertowel.

• Generous coating of abs slurry on 3/16" borosilicate, mix to a consistency of whole milk or a little thicker. Apply it at 95C so it dries instantly. Use a wide sponge brush and move it quickly.

• Level build plate fully heated at 95c. Extruder should be cold.
    Last edited by jfkansas; 08-17-2015 at 04:34 PM.

I'm only new to this but I have been printing almost everything in black ABS at 95C bed 220C high def, 235 low def and my problem has been getting the damn print off the blue build sheet supplied on the FFDreamer bed. I do preheat and let it heat for 10 minutes or so after it hits the temp to ensure even heat and have cleaned the bed sheet down a few times with isopropyl alcohol but thats it,no hairspray or anything. Hopefully not beginers luck and all down to the blue bed sheet!

it has been my experience that if it's too tough to get off the plate, it hasn't cooled long enough.
    sometimes i leave my stuff over night and when i come back in the morning, just touching them will break them loose from the glass.
    that is also using hairspray on straight glass. i think once that stuff dries and the plastic cools it lends it's self for easier removal.
    with tape or other materials, the print may be "gripping" to much.
    on straight glass, there isn't much to grip too.