Close

Thread: Model improving

Model improving

I'm a 3D modeler and I'm just starting with using 3D printing technology. I would like to ask you, what tools are you using for cleaning or polishing models? For example I printed one model and it looks like this:

2015-06-14 15.55.23.jpg

Hi Blix,
    I usually use a felt rotary brush (it does damage the colour though).

In your case, I would try using supports first because all your overhangs are stringy.

I made two attempts. At first the support was too strong and I'm not able to remove it. Second time, in different material it was ok. Thanks for your help!

DSC_0015[1].jpg

DSC_0018[1].jpg

I have a small set of files that I use. Then I sand it with coarse, medium and fine sand paper.

Working ABS will lighten the colour and make it look very dry and scratchy. I finish off by treating the oil with silicone oil to restore the colour depth. Result are very good.

Nice improvement. The supports were to hard to remove ? What are you using ?

S3D makes S pattern supports that are really brittle and therefore easy to remove, it's a wonder.

I think it was because of the material I used. The red version was from ABS plastic and the support was a little bit flexible, making it hard to remove. The white model is frm PLA and the support was far easier to remove.