Close

CreatorBot 3d ???

GOod afternoon folks... I am in the market (if a job comes through) for a third, and maybe fourth 3d printer.
    THe build size is a big deal as these parts are 10 - 11 inches, so its barely fitting on my prusa 12 " today.

I am looking at perhaps the taz , perhaps the printrbot metal, and others

however, this one is interesting
    http://www.3dprinterworks.net/

DOes anyone own a creatorbot 3d printer? THey had 20+ kickstarters who now all have their printers, i think... So there should be someone out here with one?

Id love to know your thoughts. I requested a sample cube print from Tom (owner) and it came back. The quality is not bad. its about the same as my prusa, or a taz (ive heard).

Any thoughts on this printer at all would be great...
    My biggest issue is the bowden extruder, vs direct drive... Bowden doenst allow for flexible filaments, but i guess i have other printers for that.

Thank you

Engineer-in-Training
    Jerry berg of the Barnacules Nerdgasm video series (and the one printing the storm trooper suit) has one I believe. I remember he posted some photos of it in his shop, but haven't heard much of it since. It seems like a well built printer as far as I can see, but there isn't a lot of info on to though. Would like to hear more as well.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    got to say that is a nice looking printer.
    I'm always interested to see what these companies call a 'consumer' price.
    But got to say $1845 for that machine: 12x12x18 inch build volume, fully enclosed - looks like a decent price.

Dual extruders, 300c printing temp borosilicate build plate.

I'd take that over an ultimaker any day.

Yes, it looks very promising... The ONLY thing i dont like is that its bowden extruders... which means a lot of mods to get flexible filaments etc...

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    Jerry berg of the Barnacules Nerdgasm video series (and the one printing the storm trooper suit) has one I believe. I remember he posted some photos of it in his shop, but haven't heard much of it since. It seems like a well built printer as far as I can see, but there isn't a lot of info on to though. Would like to hear more as well.
    I believe Jerry has a robo, and multiple Ultimakers, i dont see a creatorbot 3d there anywhere.. however, i did message Jerry to ask about it.
    thanks

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    I believe Jerry has a robo, and multiple Ultimakers, i dont see a creatorbot 3d there anywhere.. however, i did message Jerry to ask about it.
    thanks
    I know he had one, or at least for a time. He posted a few photos of it on his Facebook page a while back, commenting on how large the unit was. Actually, here's a tweet from him about it https://twitter.com/barnacules/statu...03261142388736

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    I know he had one, or at least for a time. He posted a few photos of it on his Facebook page a while back, commenting on how large the unit was. Actually, here's a tweet from him about it https://twitter.com/barnacules/statu...03261142388736
    i stand completely corrected.. my apologies

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    i stand completely corrected.. my apologies

No worries mate, honestly wish there was more info on this printer. From what I can see, it's a good design with good pricing/features. I've been hoping we would see more about it, but aside from kickstarted videos and a few random images, its very quiet indeed...

and for the price/build volume etc you would think there would be more out there... i know the marketing isnt there, i dont think Tom and Ben want to right now.. they are busy... but its crazy for sure... ive got a sample print that is about as good as my prusa, which is fine i think. again, just nervous about bowden extrdurs