Close

igus Hexagon V2 3D Printer

Germany-based igus, which has been supplying high-quality plastic parts since 1964, is the latest to join the trend of established entities entering into the 3D printing space with impressive new hardware. With the new 3D printer filament, iglide tribo-filament, as well as a newly unveiled delta-style 3D printer, the company's entrance seems impressive, indeed. The new 3D printer, the HEXAGON V2, offers igus-made components and an open source design that can be downloaded for free. For more specs and details on the new launch, check out the full article: http://3dprint.com/88958/igus-hexagon-v2-3d-printer/

Below is a photo of igus' HEXAGON V2:

Student
    Follow theP13RC3 On Twitter Add theP13RC3 on Thingiverse
    I really don't know how to feel about this one... It's great that it uses high quality Igus parts, BUT it still uses an arduino-based controller so print quality is still VERY limited.
    Upgrade it to a Smoothieboard and then I might give it a shot!

Why you think this?
    This Printer use DUE and RADDS.
    32bit and TMC2100 or RAPS128 Driver.
    So what for limits do you mean?

Student
    Follow theP13RC3 On Twitter Add theP13RC3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel B. View Post
    Why you think this?
    This Printer use DUE and RADDS.
    32bit and TMC2100 or RAPS128 Driver.
    So what for limits do you mean?
    Sorry my bad -- I've been looking at so many controller boards lately they're all jumbled up... I have no issues with the processing power of RADDS, more issues with the stability of the firmware at this point. But that's to be expected with the new 32-bit electronics for a while, so it's not really the fault of RADDS. And I also like the compatibility with the SilentStepStick -- even if it's not awesome in ninja mode.

What I more take issue with is the fact that it's claimed to be Open Source, but fails to comply with those basic requirements... No pcb or schematic files = not open source. Which would be fine, if they didn't claim it.